Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

experts advice please/ TRA/

experts advice please/ TRA/

Old Nov 11th 2003, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

blurain is an unknown quantity at this point
Question experts advice please/ TRA/

.TRA have a diferent criteria for other nationalities does anybody know or have list of guidelines and criteria and what is criteria for hairdressers from yugoslavia.
thanks
Old Nov 12th 2003, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

Blurain

As far as I am aware I dont think that TRA have different criteria for different countries (somebody correct me if I am wrong).

The only criteria you have to comply with is what is stated in the TRA application in terms of skills and experience (if you dont have any qualifications more experience the better) - otherwise combination of skills/experience and qualifications (if you have any) and length of time of that experience is what is relevant.

To give you an example - My old man had some qualifications and they were old ones going back 14 years but he also had 12 years of experience (not including his 4 year apprenticeship).

I think (again I am not 100% - so please double check) but 6 or 7 years is the approximate minimum years of experience - hence the more the better as it gives you a huge comfort zone.

Hope I havent confused you and if anyone else is reading this and I am wrong then please correct me. Its been a while since I read the TRA form despite only posting the stuff off on Monday!!

All the best