Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New Central Coast Meet

New Central Coast Meet

Old Oct 2nd 2007, 10:04 am
Sooooo chilled out now...

kpeters84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Central Coast Meet

Ta Jo. Its in the diary although I may be along a bit later. Not sure I am mad, but I was once... but after a few months here I feel like I am just beginning to get my sanity back!! .... Does that exclude me?????
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kpeters84
Ta Jo. Its in the diary although I may be along a bit later. Not sure I am mad, but I was once... but after a few months here I feel like I am just beginning to get my sanity back!! .... Does that exclude me?????
Nah we can knock sanity out of you pretty quick.

Jim wear the pink number that should do it.

Jo
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 2:06 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by joho
Nah we can knock sanity out of you pretty quick.

Jim wear the pink number that should do it.

Jo

I now have 2 pink numbers, Jo - I could always wear both ?

Yes - we're going with Swadling Park at Toowoon Bay for Sunday 21 October from 12 noon onwards.

There is a cafe over the road and one in the refurbished Surf Club, plenty of parking, some reasonable tree shelter, a kiddies play area, an efficient electric BBQ machine, loos - male and female ! .............. and a very large public pool (goes all the way to New Zealand).

All we need now is fine weather

Jim
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 2:09 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Hello all,
My name is Karen and my son and I (aged 3 ... thats his age not mine!!! ) came to the Central Coast in July. We have heard about the next meet from Eammon & Kate and will try and make it along.

Can someone confirm its the 21st and where/what time.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Karen
Hi Karen

......... welcome to this forum.......... and to Terrigal

Please see my note above re 21 October.

Look forward to meeting you. Will you be coming along with Eamon and Kate and their children or making your own way? If the latter, and you need directions, give me a shout.

Regards

Jim
Old Oct 4th 2007, 9:51 am
Sooooo chilled out now...

kpeters84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Jim - Great to meet both you and Gill yesterday and many thanks for the lifts around Terrigal! Nathan was shattered and struggled walking the few yds to the house and getting through his bath/teeth/bed routine!

Eammon - thanks to you and Kate for the impromtu meal time! Quite a spread with no notice! Nathan and I both had a wonderful time and your house is fantastic.

Look forward to seeing you guys again.

Rgds
Karen
Old Oct 14th 2007, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Jim - Great to meet both you and Gill yesterday and many thanks for the lifts around Terrigal! Nathan was shattered and struggled walking the few yds to the house and getting through his bath/teeth/bed routine!

Eammon - thanks to you and Kate for the impromtu meal time! Quite a spread with no notice! Nathan and I both had a wonderful time and your house is fantastic.

Look forward to seeing you guys again.

Rgds
Karen
One week and counting. Looking forward to it, but probably wont get there until 1.30 ish hubby is on nights Sat night so I have to get him out of bed.

Jo
Old Oct 15th 2007, 9:52 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Originally Posted by joho
One week and counting. Looking forward to it, but probably wont get there until 1.30 ish hubby is on nights Sat night so I have to get him out of bed.

Jo
Hi Jo

........ and, of course, the RWC final kicks off at 5am East Coast time.

The weather forecast is currently "mainly sunny and 28C" so fingers crossed.

Jim
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:03 am
LAM
Forum Regular

LAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really nice

Hi all,

We are finally here in Sydney (Jet lagged!!) and are going to spend a few days here then head up to the central coast.

We are going to try and make the meet but I can't find Swalding Park on google, not looked much though. Anyway, my work bought me tomtom before I came out so if anybody has a are code i could use

Also could anyone recommend any accommodation in this area, two adults one four year old kid.

The meet time is 12 noon?

must dash, only get limited internet access.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 7:20 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Originally Posted by LAM
Hi all,

We are finally here in Sydney (Jet lagged!!) and are going to spend a few days here then head up to the central coast.

We are going to try and make the meet but I can't find Swalding Park on google, not looked much though. Anyway, my work bought me tomtom before I came out so if anybody has a are code i could use

Also could anyone recommend any accommodation in this area, two adults one four year old kid.

The meet time is 12 noon?

must dash, only get limited internet access.
Hi

........... and welcome to Orstraya.......... bit warmer than UK eh ?

If you are coming up this way for the meet on Sunday - Swadling Park is at Toowoon Bay - near the Tuggerah Lakes Golf Club - perhaps that will help you out on Tom Tom. Check out Whereis.com also - that will give you the details.

The unofficial start time is 12 noon - more in order to stake our claim for some shady spots (forecast to be 30C-ish) - Gill and I will be there at that time and perhaps some others too. Others, I know, will be arriving a bit later.

Re accommodation - were you looking for the "one night stay" or somewhere to live in while you look around the area? If the former - the Forresters Beach Resort (on the main Entrance Road) would do you OK - and they have a pool for your 4 year old! Not sure of their pricing but they have to be competitive round here. As its not quite main season yet you will have no difficulty in getting overnight accom.

Hope that helps and look forward to meeting you - either on Sunday or later.

Jim
Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:07 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Hi folks

Just a quick bump - and a reminder for this Sunday arvo.

Hopefully we will also have a win over the Yarpies to celebrate......perhaps

Jim
Old Oct 19th 2007, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hi folks

Jim
dusting off my incy wincy teeney weeney yellow poka dot bikini as we speak.

Now no need to worry about vacant spots, noone else ill be able to bear it.

Jo
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 2:13 am
LAM
Forum Regular

LAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really nice

Hi Folks,

We arrived about 1:15pm and booked in the caravan park next door. walked around Swadling Park, Toowoon Bay. There was some boat comp on the beach, a birthday party with loads of balloons around a BBQ and some none english speaking people. so we drove to the golf club, thinking there must be another park but no. We walked around swalding park again but we just couldn't see anything which would suggest british expats.

we were all gutted after making a special trip but nether mind the camp sites nice and were moving up near Newcastle in a few days.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LAM
Hi Folks,

We arrived about 1:15pm and booked in the caravan park next door. walked around Swadling Park, Toowoon Bay. There was some boat comp on the beach, a birthday party with loads of balloons around a BBQ and some none english speaking people. so we drove to the golf club, thinking there must be another park but no. We walked around swalding park again but we just couldn't see anything which would suggest british expats.

we were all gutted after making a special trip but nether mind the camp sites nice and were moving up near Newcastle in a few days.
Sorry to hear you couldnt find us we were sat just back from the steps that went down to the beach in front of the big BBQ there was about 20 plus adults and a few children we had a really good day maybe you will make the next one good luck with your move
Janet
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by LAM
Hi Folks,

Hello

What a pity you couldn't find us - we should have had a flag or something for you to watch out for eh? It was such a hot day for you to be wandering around searching. It was a good afternoon and good to meet so many other immigrants and share experiences. Would have been interesting to meet you as we are from near Newcastle - Charlestown. Where abouts are you moving to? Maybe we could arrange to meet sometime if you would like that. We arrived in January on Contrib.Parent Visas. Our family also live in Charlestown.

Regards Linda & Keith
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hi folks

Jim
Hi Gill and Jim,

Thanks for organising the Meet - a great afternoon and good company and perfect weather!!! Re the thread from LAM - perhaps we should have had our Blue Peter flags with us so that they could have identified us!!!! They were not aware of course that they should have looked out for that famous Pink shirt!!!!! Thanks again

Linda and Keith

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.