Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New Central Coast Meet

New Central Coast Meet

Old Sep 1st 2007, 2:44 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New Central Coast Meet

Originally Posted by joho
Hi there.

Will try to remind you. Where abouts are you in Umina. I live on Fitzroy St. Should meet up for a coffee sometime. Sounds like the meet in Jan might end up being a Central Coast citizenship meet at this rate.

Jo
Hi Jo

Have just sent you a PM

Jim
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barry&carol
Thanks Jo

We are on Trafalgar so only a few minutes from you. Would love to meet for a coffee and a natter sometime soon . Off to Queensland this weekend for a week but will contact you when I get back and arrange a meet with you. Am looking forward to the Cit. Ceremony and it should be a great day. ( I haven't heard anything yet re the next one - will it be Australia Day in January ? or will they hold one before then - Do you know ? )

Talk soon
Barry
Know Trafalgar well, which end.

I believe that they only hold ceremonies once or twice a year depending on numbers, so my guess will be Jan for the next one.

Jo
Old Sep 17th 2007, 10:24 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Hi folks

Resurrection time !

Just to confirm the next meet for Sunday 21 October - I will start searching out a good (beachside) site next week - unless anyone else can recommend a site.

To be fair to all, it really has to be about halfway-ish between the southern end of our area (Umina/Ettalong) and the northern end (Newcastle).

My initial thoughts are for Swadling Park at Toowoon Bay - just past the Tuggerah Lakes Golf Course. The park has a good BBQ machine, some tree shelter and is immediately above a good safe beach.

Another possibility is the park close to the Norah Head lighthouse - that one has a decent cafe/restaurant on site but is a bit of a walk down to the beach.

Any thoughts?

Jim

ps Gill and I have our citizenship interviews next Tuesday - I think that is all the Postmaster at Gosford seems to do in his working day.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 10:45 pm
"At Home"

ekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really nice

Hey Jim, how are you and Jill doing. What time are you guys thinking of having a meet. The reason I ask is the kids school is having their annual school fair and Kate has committed morning time. But it would be great to catch up and meet some of the newbies that just arrived.E.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:36 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Originally Posted by ekiec
Hey Jim, how are you and Jill doing. What time are you guys thinking of having a meet. The reason I ask is the kids school is having their annual school fair and Kate has committed morning time. But it would be great to catch up and meet some of the newbies that just arrived.E.
Hi Eamon

We're fine thanks - other than its paintbrush time at the moment

As for the Meet - shouldn't expect it to start before Noon (after all - it will be Sunday and Mums and Dads want some time off) and then go on for most of the afternoon if the weather is OK. The good thing about Toowoon Bay is that if the kids want to brave the sea, with or without parents (!), there will always be some others of us not wanting to test the water to look after all the belongings.

Let us know about the school fair and Gill and I might drop in !

Jim

ps just noticed - this is my 1000th post - perhaps I win another star now
Old Sep 18th 2007, 2:06 am
"At Home"

ekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really nice

Will do Jim, If you need anything or advice Let me know. E.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimclevs

ps Gill and I have our citizenship interviews next Tuesday - I think that is all the Postmaster at Gosford seems to do in his working day.
We have had our letters today, our ceremony is on the 4th October. Am considering putting it off until Australia Day but not sure.

Jo
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:32 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

We have had our letters today, our ceremony is on the 4th October. Am considering putting it off until Australia Day but not sure.

Jo
That was quick, Jo.

Is the 4 October one at the Laycock in Gosford?

Jim
Old Sep 19th 2007, 5:03 am
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Jo
Congratulations to all on imminently achieving Citizenship, will this be the old ceremony format or the 'new' one?
As a matter of interest, as we arrived in March will we qualify for the 2 year waiting period? I remember reading the links etc that Jeremy put up, but cant really remember the details now or the cutoff dates. Or am I totally confusing several issues.....never surprise me!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 6:04 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Originally Posted by DerekM
Congratulations to all on imminently achieving Citizenship, will this be the old ceremony format or the 'new' one?
As a matter of interest, as we arrived in March will we qualify for the 2 year waiting period? I remember reading the links etc that Jeremy put up, but cant really remember the details now or the cutoff dates. Or am I totally confusing several issues.....never surprise me!
Hi Derek

Thanks for that - I didn't know that there was a new ceremony format - I thought that stayed as it has been for some years ?

As you became PR before the new rules came into effect, I believe the old 2 year ruling will apply - a bit like paying the visa fees current at visa application and not at visa grant. The procedure, however, changes very soon - 1 October this year I think - in that all the new rulings will take effect - although you will still only need the 2 year PR qualification. You may, however, no longer get a face to face interview with the Gosford postmaster (or one of his deputies!) but may have to address the "multi choice" questions, however that is done.

All this is off the top of my head, Derek, its not gospel. You'll have to check it out on the official Citizenship website and/or trawl through the Australia forum on here. These questions will no doubt have already been asked!

See you both on Sunday.

Jim
Old Sep 19th 2007, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Derek

Thanks for that - I didn't know that there was a new ceremony format - I thought that stayed as it has been for some years ?

As you became PR before the new rules came into effect, I believe the old 2 year ruling will apply - a bit like paying the visa fees current at visa application and not at visa grant. The procedure, however, changes very soon - 1 October this year I think - in that all the new rulings will take effect - although you will still only need the 2 year PR qualification. You may, however, no longer get a face to face interview with the Gosford postmaster (or one of his deputies!) but may have to address the "multi choice" questions, however that is done.

All this is off the top of my head, Derek, its not gospel. You'll have to check it out on the official Citizenship website and/or trawl through the Australia forum on here. These questions will no doubt have already been asked!

See you both on Sunday.

Jim
Have put off the ceremony until Australia Day yeah, my mum and dad are going to be here then.

Jo
Old Sep 19th 2007, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

barry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nice

Jo

Hi Jo ( and everybody else ) Had our letters same time as you and will be 'pledging' on the 4th October. Six of us taking Citizenship so will be cracking on with it then a 'few' drinks after !! We are good for the next meet as well so hope to make a few more friends at that. See you and all in October. Until then take care

Barry & Carol
Old Sep 19th 2007, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Location: Originally Reading - now the Beautiful Central Coast!
MurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really nice

Hello All

We'll be there - be good to meet up with people.

Eamon - sorry about not being able to meet on Friday - if you'd rung about 10minutes before we would have ben able to do it!! We might be up your way this coming weekend as son needs lift to a friend who lives in Terrigal so if we are I'll give you a call!!!

Jo - good call to do it on Australia Day - be nice that your mum and dad will be there. I feel bad we've not met up yet especially as we met Dave and Nicole on Sunday for coffee!!! I'm now working in Chatswood every day so we'll need to make it a weekend - I'll give you a call soon!

Everybody else - look forward to seeing you all in October and take care till then!!

Tracy
Old Sep 25th 2007, 8:04 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Have put off the ceremony until Australia Day yeah, my mum and dad are going to be here then.

Jo
Hi Jo

Well, the interview at Gosford PO was a doddle - we all had much more interest in the funnel web spider which she had in a glass jar waiting for collection by one of the Reptile Park people. Not very big, but definitely one to avoid! It was apparently found in a garden in Springfield yesterday by one of her friends!

On the citizenship front, she reckoned we wouldn't get any notification for a month or so and that Australia Day looks good for us also!

Jim
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Jo

Well, the interview at Gosford PO was a doddle - we all had much more interest in the funnel web spider which she had in a glass jar waiting for collection by one of the Reptile Park people. Not very big, but definitely one to avoid! It was apparently found in a garden in Springfield yesterday by one of her friends!

On the citizenship front, she reckoned we wouldn't get any notification for a month or so and that Australia Day looks good for us also!

Jim
Good one Jim, we are planning a big BBQ after if you would like to join us, It will be opened to all expats as well and you could bring your family. Up to you of course.

Jo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.