Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New Central Coast Meet

New Central Coast Meet

Old Aug 18th 2007, 12:58 pm
"At Home"

ekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really nice
Default Re: New Central Coast Meet

Originally Posted by LAM
Anyone recommend somewhere cheap to stay for our first couple of weeks?

Not too fused where, as long as it's clean, safe & furnished.

Thanks

Andrew
Where are you going to.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 9:21 pm
LAM
Forum Regular

LAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really nice

Within 100 miles of newcastle
Old Aug 18th 2007, 11:25 pm
"At Home"

ekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really nice

Originally Posted by LAM
Within 100 miles of newcastle
The'coast' is your oyster then. Thats a big area you are looking at. I think you really should narrow it down to a 10k radius, somewhere good you can relax when you base yourself there, otherwise it will ruin your general perpective of things if you are in a not so nice area. More research. Also try www.wotif. for hotels at great rates. E
Old Aug 19th 2007, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

turkey12903 is a jewel in the roughturkey12903 is a jewel in the roughturkey12903 is a jewel in the roughturkey12903 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
OK Jo - Sunday 21 October it is then - we could be able to have it as a BBQ at a beachside reserve by then which may suit those with children better than a pub. Unless, of course, people would prefer a pub ?

I'll have a suss out of some in the area between here and, say, The Entrance, to give us a choice of a halfway-house site. Swadling Park above Toowoon Bay is one already that springs to mind - good site above a lovely safe beach. There will be others.

Jim
Hi all,

looks like we will be one of the others.
accepted an offer on our house this week, and all being well we should be there end of Sept to the beginning of October in time for your meet.

Andy, Karen, Keisha 19, Levi 12, & Rowan 14 months
Old Aug 19th 2007, 8:52 pm
"At Home"

Originally Posted by turkey12903
Hi all,

accepted an offer on our house this week, and all being well we should be there end of Sept to the beginning of October in time for your meet.

Great news , well done and good luck.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 12:08 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by turkey12903
Hi all,

Hi

Congratulations re your house - fingers crossed to completion!

Site for the next meet has not yet been finalised - so keep an eye on here for that. Mind you, nowhere around here would be suitable today - we've just had 24 hours of torrential rain

Regards

Jim
Old Aug 20th 2007, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Congratulations re your house - fingers crossed to completion!

Site for the next meet has not yet been finalised - so keep an eye on here for that. Mind you, nowhere around here would be suitable today - we've just had 24 hours of torrential rain

Regards

Jim
My new driveway is a quagmire!! If we get much more rain we will be having a landslide!! Food will have to be ferried in by helicopter or something.
I well remember my joke of a couple of days ago re the shortage of water and plenty of sunshine. I'll keep my mouth shut in future, anybody want a rain prophet?
Old Aug 20th 2007, 2:10 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DerekM
My new driveway is a quagmire!! If we get much more rain we will be having a landslide!! Food will have to be ferried in by helicopter or something.
I well remember my joke of a couple of days ago re the shortage of water and plenty of sunshine. I'll keep my mouth shut in future, anybody want a rain prophet?
Derek

I was thinking yesterday evening that the current rain would be a good test for your mountainside driveway !

I think the official figure for Gosford for the 24 hours ending 9am today was just short of 150mm ie 6 inches in old money

At least about the same amount fell over the Mangrove Mountain catchment area.

Jim

Last edited by Jimclevs; Aug 20th 2007 at 2:11 am. Reason: missed a bit !
Old Aug 21st 2007, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

barry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nice

Originally Posted by joho
Well done you, we had ours approved about 2 months ago, just waiting for ceremony date, looks like we will be at the same one!!!!!!

Jo
Hi Jo ( and everybody else )

Have not visited site for a long time now and have had correspondence with you before now Jo. We also live in Umina and will be keen to turn up at the next meet which appears set for the 21st Oct ? So will keep an eye out ( If I remember - perhaps somebody could pm me with the date/venue ?) and hope to see everbody who has moved to the Central Coast. We had our citizenship confirmation letters 4-6 weeks ago and should be up for the next ceremony as well ( seven of us total - 2 families ) so should be a day to remember

Just for the record from Poole/Bournemouth arrived late 2003 strait to the CC.

Look forward to seeing you guys in October ( somewhere )

Barry and Carol
Old Aug 21st 2007, 3:57 am
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Derek

I was thinking yesterday evening that the current rain would be a good test for your mountainside driveway !

I think the official figure for Gosford for the 24 hours ending 9am today was just short of 150mm ie 6 inches in old money

At least about the same amount fell over the Mangrove Mountain catchment area.

Jim
Blue sky this morning - thanks for that! The weather forecast for the w/e if I remember rightly was 'SHOWERS'!! What do you get when it forecasts err... heavy rain or whatever? The water flowed past the house and slowly went down the rear yard drains, built up a bit mind you. Got a bit of clearing up to do but will probably wait now until the drive is finished.......just in case we get a few more showers!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DerekM
Blue sky this morning - thanks for that! The weather forecast for the w/e if I remember rightly was 'SHOWERS'!! What do you get when it forecasts err... heavy rain or whatever? The water flowed past the house and slowly went down the rear yard drains, built up a bit mind you. Got a bit of clearing up to do but will probably wait now until the drive is finished.......just in case we get a few more showers!
Derek we will bring a canoe next time we call in for coffee hope the drive is soon sorted.
Janet
Old Aug 21st 2007, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barry&carol
Hi Jo ( and everybody else )

Have not visited site for a long time now and have had correspondence with you before now Jo. We also live in Umina and will be keen to turn up at the next meet which appears set for the 21st Oct ? So will keep an eye out ( If I remember - perhaps somebody could pm me with the date/venue ?) and hope to see everbody who has moved to the Central Coast. We had our citizenship confirmation letters 4-6 weeks ago and should be up for the next ceremony as well ( seven of us total - 2 families ) so should be a day to remember

Just for the record from Poole/Bournemouth arrived late 2003 strait to the CC.

Look forward to seeing you guys in October ( somewhere )

Barry and Carol
Hi there.

Will try to remind you. Where abouts are you in Umina. I live on Fitzroy St. Should meet up for a coffee sometime. Sounds like the meet in Jan might end up being a Central Coast citizenship meet at this rate.

Jo
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

barry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nice

Originally Posted by joho
Hi there.

Will try to remind you. Where abouts are you in Umina. I live on Fitzroy St. Should meet up for a coffee sometime. Sounds like the meet in Jan might end up being a Central Coast citizenship meet at this rate.

Jo
Thanks Jo

We are on Trafalgar so only a few minutes from you. Would love to meet for a coffee and a natter sometime soon . Off to Queensland this weekend for a week but will contact you when I get back and arrange a meet with you. Am looking forward to the Cit. Ceremony and it should be a great day. ( I haven't heard anything yet re the next one - will it be Australia Day in January ? or will they hold one before then - Do you know ? )

Talk soon
Barry
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 2:44 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Originally Posted by barry&carol
Thanks Jo

We are on Trafalgar so only a few minutes from you. Would love to meet for a coffee and a natter sometime soon . Off to Queensland this weekend for a week but will contact you when I get back and arrange a meet with you. Am looking forward to the Cit. Ceremony and it should be a great day. ( I haven't heard anything yet re the next one - will it be Australia Day in January ? or will they hold one before then - Do you know ? )

Talk soon
Barry
Hi

Hopefully, as that is 5 months away, there WILL be one before then as we hope to be on it also.

Regards

Jim
Old Aug 24th 2007, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

rebh will become famous soon enoughrebh will become famous soon enough

Hi

Hopefully, as that is 5 months away, there WILL be one before then as we hope to be on it also.

Regards

Jim
Have booked our flights for the end of Oct so will not be able to make the next meet but hopefully will see you all at the one after.

We will be staying with my MIL for the first couple of weeks in Blackwall then move into our house at Saratoga when it is ready.

Busy here in Bournemouth at the moment trying to sort everything out for the move, going to have to do a big carboot sale to try and get rid of some of the junk!

Rebecca

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.