Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New Central Coast Meet

New Central Coast Meet

Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:30 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New Central Coast Meet

Originally Posted by rebh
Hi there,
We are due to arrive on the Central Coast mid Oct beginning of Nov all depends on house sale and flights etc so if we do make it by the time of the meet we would love to come along to say hello to everyone.
Looking forward to meeting you all.
Rebecca
Hiya

You are more than welcome - keep an eye on here for an eventual date and venue - our first meet only took a year to come to fruition

Regards

Jim
Old Aug 15th 2007, 7:00 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by joho
Hey I'm impressed you managed to go on expats.........Sorry havent been in touch, kids had flu, stu had man flu and I have been unwell (but still working). My shifts change again in September and I will have every monday off so will organise to 'do lunch' soon.

Luv Ya

Jo
Hiya Jo and Jo - both of you !

Totally off-topic but Gill and I did our online citizenship applications yesterday. We are now back into a waiting game for details of our interview etc ! .......... now where did I put the words of the National Anthem ?? .........

Hope you and yours are all well - when do you want the babysitting then Copa-Jo? Give us a ring - its about time you got out

Jim
Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:23 pm
LAM
Forum Regular

LAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really nice

Hi all,

We will be arriving in oz around the 25th Sept and heading for Newcastle area, if the house sale goes through. There's the 4 year old, the missus and me and we would love to meet up with some friendly faces.

Will keep an eye on this thread to see where the meet up will be

thanks

Andrew
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hiya Jo and Jo - both of you !

Totally off-topic but Gill and I did our online citizenship applications yesterday. We are now back into a waiting game for details of our interview etc ! .......... now where did I put the words of the National Anthem ?? .........

Hope you and yours are all well - when do you want the babysitting then Copa-Jo? Give us a ring - its about time you got out

Jim
Well done you, we had ours approved about 2 months ago, just waiting for ceremony date, looks like we will be at the same one!!!!!!

Jo
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LAM
Hi all,

We will be arriving in oz around the 25th Sept and heading for Newcastle area, if the house sale goes through. There's the 4 year old, the missus and me and we would love to meet up with some friendly faces.

thanks

Andrew
Welcome to the mad house. More the merrier.

Jo
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hiya

You are more than welcome - keep an eye on here for an eventual date and venue - our first meet only took a year to come to fruition

Regards

Jim
Yeah but we have had 2 no. Ok as no one is making a decision and someone would like the 21st Oct, lets set our timers for then. Perhaps somewhere in between the furthest points. So all say your location and we can choose somewhere in the middle.

Jo
Old Aug 15th 2007, 10:25 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Originally Posted by joho
Yeah but we have had 2 no. Ok as no one is making a decision and someone would like the 21st Oct, lets set our timers for then. Perhaps somewhere in between the furthest points. So all say your location and we can choose somewhere in the middle.

Jo
OK Jo - Sunday 21 October it is then - we could be able to have it as a BBQ at a beachside reserve by then which may suit those with children better than a pub. Unless, of course, people would prefer a pub ?

I'll have a suss out of some in the area between here and, say, The Entrance, to give us a choice of a halfway-house site. Swadling Park above Toowoon Bay is one already that springs to mind - good site above a lovely safe beach. There will be others.

Jim
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by LAM
Hi all,

thanks

Andrew

Hello, you will certainly meet some friendly people around here! We arrived in Charlestown - Newcastle area in January to join our son and his family. Have met some lovely people through the 'Meets' that have been arranged mainly by the Central Coast folks but there are some friendly young families around Newcastle too. We would be glad to keep in touch with you and maybe introduce you to other young families. Our son and his wife came over to Oz in 2002 and have since married and produced a son of 6 months. They both work at the John Hunter Hospital and have settled well in this area.
Where abouts are you looking in this area?
Good luck with the move and we will look forward to meeting you.
Regards Linda & Keith (originally from Essex then Devon before move to Oz)
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

OK Jo - Sunday 21 October it is then - we could be able to have it as a BBQ at a beachside reserve by then which may suit those with children better than a pub. Unless, of course, people would prefer a pub ?

I'll have a suss out of some in the area between here and, say, The Entrance, to give us a choice of a halfway-house site. Swadling Park above Toowoon Bay is one already that springs to mind - good site above a lovely safe beach. There will be others.

Jim
O.K Jim - will make note of the date and look forward to hearing of venue.

Regards Linda
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:23 pm
LAM
Forum Regular

LAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really nice

Originally Posted by budababes

Hello, you will certainly meet some friendly people around here! We arrived in Charlestown - Newcastle area in January to join our son and his family. Have met some lovely people through the 'Meets' that have been arranged mainly by the Central Coast folks but there are some friendly young families around Newcastle too. We would be glad to keep in touch with you and maybe introduce you to other young families. Our son and his wife came over to Oz in 2002 and have since married and produced a son of 6 months. They both work at the John Hunter Hospital and have settled well in this area.
Where abouts are you looking in this area?
Good luck with the move and we will look forward to meeting you.
Regards Linda & Keith (originally from Essex then Devon before move to Oz)
Hi Linda & Keith

We have constantly changed our minds since deciding to migrate over 3 years ago and still havent completely decided. I read a few posts on here about Terrigal and the surrounding areas and it sounds perfect for us. I work in electronics manufacturing and Newcastle looks like a place I could find work and house prices seem more affordable.

If you have any tips on nice areas with house prices in the 350k dollars region and near to the coast it would be appreciated, as still not sure where yet.

Look forward to meeting you

Andrew (from sunny wigan)
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Andrew (from sunny wigan)[/QUOTE]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sunny Wigan

Well its sunny here most of the time and short of water.....most of the time. We have been here since May and thoroughly enjoyed it but the whole process is hard work from visa application to eventual house purchase and settling in. We are nearly over the hump now though and the sun shines every day!
I lived in 'sunny' Blackburn for a few years, lost my Lancs accent though!! Well I thought I had, but went for a haircut in Manly one day and the lady hairdresser asked me if I came from Bolton!! Couldn't believe it.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

electricbaby27 will become famous soon enoughelectricbaby27 will become famous soon enough

Jim
Sounds good, count us in. It will be good to see everyone again.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

electricbaby27 will become famous soon enoughelectricbaby27 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by LAM
Hi Linda & Keith

We have constantly changed our minds since deciding to migrate over 3 years ago and still havent completely decided. I read a few posts on here about Terrigal and the surrounding areas and it sounds perfect for us. I work in electronics manufacturing and Newcastle looks like a place I could find work and house prices seem more affordable.

If you have any tips on nice areas with house prices in the 350k dollars region and near to the coast it would be appreciated, as still not sure where yet.

Hi Andrew and Family
We live in Toronto, west side of lake Macquarie. Oh works in Newcastle and it takes him about 30 mins to get to work. I work in Wyong on the central coast which takes about 40 mins to get to. There are some good areas around Newcastle and surrounding areas which are very family friendly. We have 2 kids aged 6 & 10 and they have plenty to do and go to an excellant school in Toronto. Let us know if you need any more help and good look with the move, its all worth it once you are here.

Caz
Old Aug 17th 2007, 9:43 am
"At Home"

ekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really nice

Originally Posted by LAM
Hi Linda & Keith

Hey Andrew, we live right in terrigal and yes I think it is beautiful. ten minute walk to the beach, shops are a drive away but they are big shops. But cows to grass and ducks to water, it is a matter of preference-yours. Avoca, copacabana, these are all nice places too. They are 1hr40min to sydney and a lot of people take the trip everyday as normal. Hope this helps.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 10:13 am
LAM
Forum Regular

Anyone recommend somewhere cheap to stay for our first couple of weeks?

Not too fused where, as long as it's clean, safe & furnished.

Thanks

Andrew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.