Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New builds in Victoria

New builds in Victoria

Old Aug 12th 2008, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

WeGottaGetOuttaThisPlace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New builds in Victoria

Is there still a lot of new build housing estates being built in and around Melbourne? We were there in 2005 and areas like Preston and Frankston seemed to be under constant construction...

We are looking to move somewhere that my hubbie can get lots of site work as he is a joiner and feels this would give us the best start...

Thanks
Old Aug 12th 2008, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New builds in Victoria

There is still a lot of building going on although it has slowed with the interest rate rises according to the paper. The South East Berwick Narre Warren Cranbourne Lyndhurst seems to have a lot of building going on as does the other side of the city Point Cook, Carolyne Springs, Melton.

Have a look at realestate.com.au for the new build section and see where building is going on. Also contact some of the major builders like Henley, Metricon.

I am sure some others will come and tell you more than me who actually work in the industry.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

UK-2-OZ will become famous soon enoughUK-2-OZ will become famous soon enough
Default Re: New builds in Victoria

There is plenty of work in the SE Suburbs at the moment. The Marriott Water development was reported as not having enough labourers in the newspaper a short while ago.