Reload this Page >

New Book - Where to Live in Auckland

New Book - Where to Live in Auckland

Old Jun 3rd 2003, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

barbican is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool New Book - Where to Live in Auckland

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd send a quick message to let you know about our new book Where to Live in Auckland.

Where to Live in Auckland provides a unique insight into the 49 different neighborhoods of New Zealand's largest city. All the most vital information is crammed into its 226 pages; what it costs to buy or rent property, who lives in the area, real estate trends, types of housing and assessments of transport and leisure facilities. Plus maps of Auckland's 21 secondary school zones, population profiles and invaluable buyers' tips.

The book went on sale in book stores within the Auckland region before Christmas, and sold nearly 4500 copies within the first 2 months, making it one of NZ's top sellers, fueled by an excellent review the book received within The New Zealand Herald.

In-depth review by The New Zealand Herald:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/property/p...ondsubsection=

Another excellent review:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/b...ection=general

Where to Live in Auckland is an essential guide for anyone thinking of, or currently moving to Auckland New Zealand. To find out more about our book please visit our website at:

www.wheretoliveinauckland.co.nz
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Book - Where to Live in Auckland

Originally posted by barbican
Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd send a quick message to let you know about our new book Where to Live in Auckland.

Where to Live in Auckland provides a unique insight into the 49 different neighborhoods of New Zealand's largest city. All the most vital information is crammed into its 226 pages; what it costs to buy or rent property, who lives in the area, real estate trends, types of housing and assessments of transport and leisure facilities. Plus maps of Auckland's 21 secondary school zones, population profiles and invaluable buyers' tips.

The book went on sale in book stores within the Auckland region before Christmas, and sold nearly 4500 copies within the first 2 months, making it one of NZ's top sellers, fueled by an excellent review the book received within The New Zealand Herald.

In-depth review by The New Zealand Herald:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/property/p...ondsubsection=

Another excellent review:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/b...ection=general

Where to Live in Auckland is an essential guide for anyone thinking of, or currently moving to Auckland New Zealand. To find out more about our book please visit our website at:

www.wheretoliveinauckland.co.nz
The book is increasingly out of date and your setting up a stall in this part of the forum is even more inappropriate than my rubbish.

Member of my family bought it and found that a few bus rides gave better information.

Last edited by Wilf; Jun 3rd 2003 at 11:45 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 12:00 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Wilf
The book is increasingly out of date and your setting up a stall in this part of the forum is even more inappropriate than my rubbish.

Member of my family bought it and found that a few bus rides gave better information.
Hi Wilf,

While you are entitled to your opinion, I won't take it to heart since our review in the Herald was excellent.

This forum is to help people who are interested in moving to Aus/NZ, thus the book is appropriate and extremly helpful.

The book is unique, and I want people to know it exists.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Wilf,

While you are entitled to your opinion, I won't take it to heart since our review in the Herald was excellent.

This forum is to help people who are interested in moving to Aus/NZ, thus the book is appropriate and extremly helpful.

The book is unique, and I want people to know it exists.
There is a section of the site for flogging stuff. Put your post there.

If you want people to know it exists, advertise it in the normal way, not free on a forum.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 12:11 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Get the same book free by chatting to the bank mgr in The National Bank, AKL branches - they have got loads of freebie copies to give away as they sponsored it.

Cheer - Don
Old Jun 4th 2003, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Get the same book free by chatting to the bank mgr in The National Bank, AKL branches - they have got loads of freebie copies to give away as they sponsored it.

Cheer - Don
Ha ha. Good one. MAkes you wonder how they got the good reviews now eh?
Old Jun 4th 2003, 12:33 am
Just Joined

Ha ha. Good one. MAkes you wonder how they got the good reviews now eh?
I wish it was that easy Wilf.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

I wish it was that easy Wilf.
It is when you do a good book.

If you think book reviews are objective then you need to learn a lot yet.

Last edited by Wilf; Jun 4th 2003 at 12:38 am.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 12:50 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

It is when you do a good book.

If you think book reviews are objective then you need to learn a lot yet.
Write yours on bog paper, I'll read it tomorrow morning.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Megalania
Write yours on bog paper, I'll read it tomorrow morning.
Tell you what, I'll write your biography:

1990 Born
2060 Died
Old Jun 4th 2003, 1:02 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Tell you what, I'll write your biography:

1990 Born
2060 Died
Thanks, now I can plan my retirement with precision.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks, now I can plan my retirement with precision.
I can do that for you now. You will retire in Oz so you will retire in near poverty.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 1:19 am
Banned

I can do that for you now. You will retire in Oz so you will retire in near poverty.
Reasonably well set at the moment but the future gapes, who can tell. It seems a sore point with you, your pick pocketing not up to snuff?
Old Jun 4th 2003, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Reasonably well set at the moment but the future gapes, who can tell. It seems a sore point with you, your pick pocketing not up to snuff?
It is Oz's pick pocketing that bothers me. The tax? It is so funny that a lot of the moans on this site about the UK are WORSE here. That's why the clever ozzies are off to the UK and America. That why you are still here?
Old Jun 4th 2003, 1:29 am
Banned

It is Oz's pick pocketing that bothers me. The tax? It is so funny that a lot of the moans on this site about the UK are WORSE here. That's why the clever ozzies are off to the UK and America. That why you are still here?
Aus taxes stupidity. Do you pay the stupid tax?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.