Reload this Page >

New to this.....

New to this.....

Old Jun 2nd 2007, 5:53 am
Jen

jenjag will become famous soon enoughjenjag will become famous soon enough
Smile New to this.....

Hi eveyone,

This is my first posting on this forum, i have been looking at all the threads for a few weeks and it has just been confirmed that my boyfriend has a job in Melbourne (yipee) which is to start at the end of July (panic). We are over the moon but have so much to do, the house is on the market and we are doing as much research as possible. Any advice about what to bring etc would be greatly received, we are thinking of just bringing our clothes and a few other bits and pieces. We have been advised that Yarra is a nice place to live, can anyone comment on this??? We are a young couple with no kids and looking for a 3 bed house. Thanks for reading.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 7:21 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to this.....

Hi Jen,

Welcome to BE. We are off to Brisbane in August so can't help with Yarra I'm afraid but someone will be along soon to help you out.

We are just taking a few bits of furniture and personal belongings. We'll buy the rest out there. We are just waiting to exchange contracts on our house which seems to be taking forever!

Good luck with your venture, very exciting isn't it?

Jackie x
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Thats down and to the right from UK.
znaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jenjag
Hi eveyone,

This is my first posting on this forum, i have been looking at all the threads for a few weeks and it has just been confirmed that my boyfriend has a job in Melbourne (yipee) which is to start at the end of July (panic). We are over the moon but have so much to do, the house is on the market and we are doing as much research as possible. Any advice about what to bring etc would be greatly received, we are thinking of just bringing our clothes and a few other bits and pieces. We have been advised that Yarra is a nice place to live, can anyone comment on this??? We are a young couple with no kids and looking for a 3 bed house. Thanks for reading.
Hi there,

I'm off to Melbourne in October and have been looking at the South East side. I've got some useful information that I can send to you. PM your email address and I'll forward.

Good luck

Z
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 7:36 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jen,

Welcome to BE!

I'm new here too but loving all of the info I've gained so far. We're not moving for ages yet but going on a reccie trip in August just so we know we'd like it before we get visas and stuff So jealous that you have all your plans in place!

Enjoy the next few months until you go, hope you get lots of info from the boards.

Therese
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 6:33 am
Jen

Originally Posted by znaylor1974
Hi there,

I'm off to Melbourne in October and have been looking at the South East side. I've got some useful information that I can send to you. PM your email address and I'll forward.

Good luck

Z
Hi there,

thanks for your reply, i am not allowed to send a PM at the moment as i don not have enough posts listed, as soon as i can i will send you my email unless you know of another way of doing it? Sorry new to this and just learning what to do, your research would be really useful thanks alot.

J
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 6:36 am
Jen

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Hi Jen,

Welcome to BE. We are off to Brisbane in August so can't help with Yarra I'm afraid but someone will be along soon to help you out.

We are just taking a few bits of furniture and personal belongings. We'll buy the rest out there. We are just waiting to exchange contracts on our house which seems to be taking forever!

Good luck with your venture, very exciting isn't it?

Jackie x
Hi Jackie, I know it is really exiting, i cant believe it is really happening, we only got asked about the job 4 weeks ago then got the offer last monday, so much to do!!! My main worry is selling the house but there is not alot we can do about that other than wait. Hope yours goes through quickly.
Jen
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 2:05 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck selling you house jen.

We have been quite lucky with ours so far, will just feel more comfortable when we exchange.

jackie x
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Fenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura about

Hi and congratulations, Yeah Yarra (South Yarra?) is a lovely place to live its also a very expensive place to live as well, with the public transport so good in Melbourne it might be worth considering somewhere slightly further from the CBD, just as good but a lot cheaper
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 5:43 pm
Jen

Originally Posted by Fenton
Hi and congratulations, Yeah Yarra (South Yarra?) is a lovely place to live its also a very expensive place to live as well, with the public transport so good in Melbourne it might be worth considering somewhere slightly further from the CBD, just as good but a lot cheaper
Any recommendations???
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Fenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura about

Have a look here, lots of expats on this forum

http://z7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/index.php?

But I always liked Flemington and Kensington, Williamstown is nice to, A lot of people moving to Melbourne end up in the east , but I quite like the west, we'll be ending up in Point Cook when we first arrive , but like to move back to around Flemington
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

LauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really nice

Originally Posted by jenjag
Hi eveyone,

OMG! You're from Barnsley too? Sorry I don't mean to sound rude, it was just kind of shocking to see someone else from here!

Last edited by LauraC; Jun 3rd 2007 at 6:58 pm. Reason: Clarification... so I didn't sound rude.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of

Hi,

Just found this site yesterday, which I am most pleased about as I have learned more in these past 24 hours as I have in the past year.

Congratulations, am so jealous you are on your way.

Can't apply for my visa until July, as I am waiting an updated qualification coming through.

Enjoy every second of your adventure, am so envious. All the best for the future,

crocodileseamus
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Where in Norn Iron are you?
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of

Hi Fenton,

We are from Banbridge, seeing as you are from Belfast you'll know its famous for the Coach and the Belmont....!

Are you in Melbourne?

Crocodileseamus
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Nah going on July 24th , currently in Lisburn, havnt been to the coach in about 20 years

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.