New To This.

Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:10 am
Just Joined

Seagulls is on a distinguished road
Default New To This.

After a couple of years deciding if emigrating was really what we anted to do we've decided that it is.
The trouble is my qualifications and experience don't seem to be what's needed for a skilled visa.
I trained as a spark 12 years ago but haven't done that sort of work for about 10 years now( I repair and install fire alarms now).
I've spoken to an agent who said he'd check but he wasn't that hopeful of our chances.
What I really need to know is if there is any other way we can get out if the skilled visa is out of the question as I do have city and guilds etc.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:25 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of
Default Re: New To This.

Originally Posted by Seagulls
After a couple of years deciding if emigrating was really what we anted to do we've decided that it is.
The trouble is my qualifications and experience don't seem to be what's needed for a skilled visa.
I trained as a spark 12 years ago but haven't done that sort of work for about 10 years now( I repair and install fire alarms now).
I've spoken to an agent who said he'd check but he wasn't that hopeful of our chances.
What I really need to know is if there is any other way we can get out if the skilled visa is out of the question as I do have city and guilds etc.
Hi and Welcome to the forum!

Suggest you start here.
http://ptlabs.topcities.com/faq0.html

You skill could be on the list just its deciding what catagory you fall in to. You could still be a spark but you have to get assesed by the trade assocation and qualify first.

Good luck.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 1:31 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New To This.

Originally Posted by Seagulls
Bit of a long shot....
I was in exactly the same position, though different skills sector. Our answer was sponsorship.
Find a company willing to give you a chance and go from there. I know many people will suggest you do it independantly, so you are not 'tied' to a specific company, but as a last resort it may be worth looking into it.

Neil.