Reload this Page >

Never Looked Back!!

Never Looked Back!!

Old Oct 2nd 2003, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Jo Cousins will become famous soon enough
Default Never Looked Back!!

Hi

Is there anyone out there who is currently in Perth or knows of anyone out there who can really and truly say that they haven’t looked back and would never consider coming back to the UK?. Although I am not narrow minded and realise that everywhere has its good and bad points as expressed on this site, I would also like to hear the real success stories…..

We are heading out to Perth in december.

Jo
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 9:07 am
owieb

Default Re: Never Looked Back!!

Originally posted by Jo Cousins
Hi

Is there anyone out there who is currently in Perth or knows of anyone out there who can really and truly say that they haven’t looked back and would never consider coming back to the UK?. Although I am not narrow minded and realise that everywhere has its good and bad points as expressed on this site, I would also like to hear the real success stories…..

We are heading out to Perth in december.

Jo
Never looked back and not even remotely considering coming back!

Old Oct 2nd 2003, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Whereabouts in perth are you Owieb? Do you have no regrets at all? Love to hear a bit more
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 10:20 am
owieb

Whereabouts in perth are you Owieb? Do you have no regrets at all? Love to hear a bit more
Hi Jo,

Living Northern suburbs, Hillarys to be precise.

No regrets what-so-ever.

We were fed up with the UK and fancied a change. I was living in Norfolk, my girlfriend was living in London. I hated London, she hated Norfolk. So we decided to move to either Bournemouth or Perth!

We always fancied Australia, but knew very little about it. Infact I had not really heard of Perth at all. But it had good weather, nice beaches and the opportunity to try something different.

We've been here just over a year now at it's been great. We live close to the beach, I work from home so I can go out surfing and kiting during the day, the city is quiet and clean, you can get anywhere in 30mins, the people are friendly and it has the outdoor lifestyle that we love.

We've just bought a house and we're getting married in December so I can't think of any reason to leave at the minute!

Old Oct 2nd 2003, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Oh Wow! This is really good to hear. We are currently in the same situation in the fact that we are both fed up of the UK and feel that if we dont do it now we never will. Luckily we have visited perth before and my boyf has family out there so that is reassuring for us too. We really want to make a go of it and i do believe that a lot of it is down to attitude but at the same time after reading so many posts with people saying the negatives, it is nice to hear from someone who has no regrets! Good luck with the wedding...congrats! By the way what are the house prices like round that area now? I heard that they r rising in perth quite considerably these days...
Jo
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

See Ellen, Owieb loves it. My Brother is out there, he loves it, and I will be there shortly, and I will love it. Don't give up.

Whisky
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 10:27 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh Wow! This is really good to hear. We are currently in the same situation in the fact that we are both fed up of the UK and feel that if we dont do it now we never will. Luckily we have visited perth before and my boyf has family out there so that is reassuring for us too. We really want to make a go of it and i do believe that a lot of it is down to attitude but at the same time after reading so many posts with people saying the negatives, it is nice to hear from someone who has no regrets! Good luck with the wedding...congrats! By the way what are the house prices like round that area now? I heard that they r rising in perth quite considerably these days...
Jo
What makes you so fed up with the UK?
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 10:39 am
owieb

Jo
Don't disregard the negatives that are posted, they're very valuable and more often than not will sort out the people who will make it out here and those that won't.

I could list a whole load of negatives about Perth, but that doesn't mean I don't want to be here or that it isn't a great place. But it's not for everyone.

Don't put any pressure on yourself, come with an open mind and just relax and enjoy what Perth has to offer.

House prices are crazy and to put it bluntley people are taking the p*ss a bit! But some of the houses aren't selling now because they are way over priced and people realise that. Very few good houses are coming up for sale in Hillarys and you'd be very lucky to find anything under $400K, you'll realistically be looking at around the $550K.

If you've got family out here then you've already got a head start, but we came here on our own and the excitement of discovering new things and meeting new people was a real buzz!

Old Oct 2nd 2003, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Well put it this way, we live in Bradford which is hardly the nicest place to live in the UK for starters (I am from Surrey and have been up here 5 years) and we feel that we can't move on here as we want desperately to get out of the area yet we cant afford to move anywhere else due to the mad house prices increase. We both have jobs which are never going to be highly paid so wherever we go in the UK we will never be any better off...in fact in most instances we would be much worse off. That isn't to say it is the only reason we are going of course but we just feel that if we dont give it a go living somewhere else then we will never know if we could have had a better lifestyle. I am 24 and my boyf is 26 so we have plenty of time to come back if it doesn't work out and i am under no illusion that it wont be very hard at first but i settled up north after living 19 years down south and i feel if i can do that i can do this!!! North and south are enough of a culture difference as it is!
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 11:10 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Well put it this way, we live in Bradford which is hardly the nicest place to live in the UK for starters (I am from Surrey and have been up here 5 years) and we feel that we can't move on here as we want desperately to get out of the area yet we cant afford to move anywhere else due to the mad house prices increase. We both have jobs which are never going to be highly paid so wherever we go in the UK we will never be any better off...in fact in most instances we would be much worse off. That isn't to say it is the only reason we are going of course but we just feel that if we dont give it a go living somewhere else then we will never know if we could have had a better lifestyle. I am 24 and my boyf is 26 so we have plenty of time to come back if it doesn't work out and i am under no illusion that it wont be very hard at first but i settled up north after living 19 years down south and i feel if i can do that i can do this!!! North and south are enough of a culture difference as it is!
The hard work thing is inevitable. I hope you find what you want in OZ. I was living in Surrey and was not really liking it. I do recommend a visit. I did the working holiday (which both of you can do) and met my mrs. I was never intending on coming back here to live but life just took its course. I recommend the working holiday as you can get an idea of what it is really like living here.

If you have nothing to lose go for it as you can always go back to the UK
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

We have also been here nearly 12 months also in Hillarys , bar a very negative stage we went through in the early days , we have never looked back. We do love it here , but we loved the UK to . Like owieb said the negatives are very useful so do take them on board. House prices have rocketed here , amazing , but there are some nice areas around and cheaper.
So far we have considered the last 12 months a success , work wise and socially , and we wont be going back to the UK , as things stand .
Joanne
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 1:35 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Never Looked Back!!

Originally posted by owieb
Never looked back and not even remotely considering coming back!

Stop being so Bloody Negative.

(Only Joking Honest)

Cheers.
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Owieb

Hi Jo,

No regrets what-so-ever.

We were fed up with the UK and fancied a change. I was living in Norfolk, my girlfriend was living in London. I hated London, she hated Norfolk. So we decided to move to either Bournemouth or Perth!

We always fancied Australia, but knew very little about it. Infact I had not really heard of Perth at all. But it had good weather, nice beaches and the opportunity to try something different.

We've been here just over a year now at it's been great. We live close to the beach, I work from home so I can go out surfing and kiting during the day, the city is quiet and clean, you can get anywhere in 30mins, the people are friendly and it has the outdoor lifestyle that we love.

We've just bought a house and we're getting married in December so I can't think of any reason to leave at the minute!
Nice post! although i can't believe that your choices were *perth* or BOURNEMOUTH!!! christ i'm so pleased for you that you were accepted to Oz!
best wishes
rach
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Hi Jo,

No regrets what-so-ever.

Old Oct 2nd 2003, 7:02 pm
Dugongidae Member

dugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Owieb

sorry to tell you but bournemouth is one of the fastest growing parts of the uk. it was recently named as one of the places where more new businesses have started than anywhere else in europe in the past few years.
the place is stuffed full of international language students, house prices have doubled and the town is full of bars and restaurants.
sandbanks just down the road is also the fourth most expensive place to live on the planet after tokyo, london and new york. The new houses around the harbour are amazing.
to be honest bournemouth today is a lot more vibrant and has more opportunities than perth but if you want the quiet life then perth is the way to go.

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Nice post! although i can't believe that your choices were *perth* or BOURNEMOUTH!!! christ i'm so pleased for you that you were accepted to Oz!
best wishes
rach

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.