Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Never knew it would be this tough

Never knew it would be this tough

Old Jun 1st 2006, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Never knew it would be this tough

Originally Posted by greggsy
Thought you all might like to know we are definately here to stay for at least one year and see how we feel then but thanks again for remarks much appreciated

mark, jo and georgia

Sounds like your doing great! We've been in Manly for 5 months now and it does get a lot easier. We love the area so you've made a good choice there! Soon you will be able to sit back and enjoy!

Jo
Old Jun 1st 2006, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

Thought you all might like to know we are definately here to stay for at least one year and see how we feel then but thanks again for remarks much appreciated

mark, jo and georgia
Definitely stick it out. You wouldn't stay in an area in the UK that was full of racists and idiots, so apply the same rules to Australia. Find a decent area with intelligent people and make a new life there.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

greggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers to all who replied to post we are settling in ok now and just gonna see how it all goes

Mark Jo and Georgia
Old Jun 30th 2006, 11:18 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Greggsy and Co.

We know exactly where you are coming from. Been here just under 4 weeks and everything you said echos how we feel.

Cheers for posting....I've just lost all that strength!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jun 30th 2006, 11:27 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Ginny and Greggsy, i hope it does get easier. Greggsy a great post, and i know am in for all this when i go, but am sure i have know idea how hard its gonna be.

I am sure in a few months when i leave and am tearing my hair out, you two will be reassuring me it does get easier, so hang in there so you can
Old Jun 30th 2006, 11:33 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Ginny and Greggsy, i hope it does get easier. Greggsy a great post, and i know am in for all this when i go, but am sure i have know idea how hard its gonna be.

I am sure in a few months when i leave and am tearing my hair out, you two will be reassuring me it does get easier, so hang in there so you can
\

Margaret I'll do my best to keep you on the straight and narrow! Mind you it might be a hard task! It is slighter easier here....Got ourselves a nice wee rental and a beast of a car.

Cheers

Ginny x
Old Jun 30th 2006, 11:40 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers to all who replied to post we are settling in ok now and just gonna see how it all goes

Mark Jo and Georgia
Cool, glad its getting better for you , Mrs p4me as been very unsettled for the 1st 3-4 months but now settled , and thats normal .

Everyone get homesick at some stage , stick with it. Its a big ole move for everyone , sorts out the men from the boys so to speak