Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Never give up on your dreams

Never give up on your dreams

Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:20 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Never give up on your dreams

Hi all,

I've been in hiding since OH declared that - after months of work preparing for our move to Adelaide - that he was turning down the Oz job in favour of a job in Denmark - go figure! - so we can't go. Well, I was gutted to say the least and I've been too depressed to come on here and face all the 'Australia chat'.

Well it turns out that OH is still negotiating the deal with Halliburton, so there's a slim chance we may still go but i'm not very hopeful.

However, I refuse to give up. We will get to Oz one day (I hope) - watch this space!

Nic
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Never give up on your dreams

Originally Posted by The O'Neills
Hi all,

I've been in hiding since OH declared that - after months of work preparing for our move to Adelaide - that he was turning down the Oz job in favour of a job in Denmark - go figure! - so we can't go. Well, I was gutted to say the least and I've been too depressed to come on here and face all the 'Australia chat'.

Well it turns out that OH is still negotiating the deal with Halliburton, so there's a slim chance we may still go but i'm not very hopeful.

However, I refuse to give up. We will get to Oz one day (I hope) - watch this space!

Nic

I wondered what had happened, I remember you posting it. You'll have to keep tapping a way at him. Us women have ways and means of getting what we want in the end

Nicky x
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Nic
Denmark???? Well that's so different to Australia. What made him decide there over here?
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:27 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leechy100
I wondered what had happened, I remember you posting it. You'll have to keep tapping a way at him. Us women have ways and means of getting what we want in the end

Nicky x
Got any hints and tips for me Leechy, I'm useless at that sort of thing - seriously!!!!!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:28 pm
Homeward bound

Originally Posted by Wendy
Denmark???? Well that's so different to Australia. What made him decide there over here?
Money and a promotion Wendy - He's an ARSE - and i'm soooo not talking to him at the moment, I was relly nervous about the move, but also totally excited about it. Now I just feel flat - whinge over. You found a house yet?
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Money and a promotion Wendy - He's an ARSE - and i'm soooo not talking to him at the moment, I was relly nervous about the move, but also totally excited about it. Now I just feel flat - whinge over. You found a house yet?
PMSL That's made me smile, you sound so like me

Fingers crossed we have. Won't know for a few days though cos they have an open house on Sunday so they're waiting until after that to decide.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:43 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
The bacon is better?
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:44 pm
Homeward bound

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The bacon is better?
Tee Hee Polly, apparently not, Bing says the Danish make sh*t bacon!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear this.

I would go to Aus anyway. Just leave him behind and see what happens.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 4:03 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Nic

I was just wondering the other days where you had gone to. Remember seeing the post about the job offer and thought that you must have decided on Denmark, glad to see its not definate just yet!!! Keep your dream alive!!!! C x
Old Jan 25th 2007, 4:13 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Nic
OMG, can't believe he would do that!!! Do you not get a say at all in this?! After all, money isn't everything. Does he not care if you are unhappy? Would it work to try and persuade him to give the Oz job a go to make you happy, and if it turns out after a few months that the Oz job is really crap then you would agree to another move? (Hopefully, once he is in Oz and enjoys the life there, thoughts of other jobs go out the window.)

Gina
Old Jan 25th 2007, 4:31 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
OMG, can't believe he would do that!!! Do you not get a say at all in this?! After all, money isn't everything. Does he not care if you are unhappy?

Gina

That's what I was thinking. you should have some say in it surely?
Hope it works out for you.