Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

nether been to oz but doing the visa

nether been to oz but doing the visa

Old Aug 13th 2007, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

LOVERINGS has a spectacular aura aboutLOVERINGS has a spectacular aura aboutLOVERINGS has a spectacular aura about
Cool nether been to oz but doing the visa

me and my husband and 4 kids and 2 dogs are doing the visa thing we have just had a though that we have no clue what part we of oz would be best for us every time we put a pin in the map some one says some were better or cooler or to busy would love to here if anyone could help as i love the hot but the kids couldnt cope with it to hot me and my husband dont want to be to close to a city but close to the beach and would need to be a short way from places to work any info really welcome please help thanks kate
Old Aug 13th 2007, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

mike-Ju will become famous soon enoughmike-Ju will become famous soon enough
Default Re: nether been to oz but doing the visa

Originally Posted by LOVERINGS
me and my husband and 4 kids and 2 dogs are doing the visa thing we have just had a though that we have no clue what part we of oz would be best for us every time we put a pin in the map some one says some were better or cooler or to busy would love to here if anyone could help as i love the hot but the kids couldnt cope with it to hot me and my husband dont want to be to close to a city but close to the beach and would need to be a short way from places to work any info really welcome please help thanks kate
So like me your looking for the perfect Australian destination.
I spent 3 months backpacking around Australia and the only big places I missed were Perth and Tasmania. So far Ive had to discount Byron Bay,NSW (although closer to Brisbane than Sydney) because of the crime and the drugs, probably have to discount Townsville because of the heat. Not really considering Sydney because of the city life for my kids (although both me and my OH could walk into 50 jobs straight off the plane), Melbourne is an option and Aderlaide is still in the running.

My advice dont go to the gold coast (to touristy) yuck, hated the place couldn't imagine bringing up kids there.

I'm still searching for the perfect place so if you find it let me know.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mike-Ju
I spent 3 months backpacking around Australia and the only big places I missed were Perth and Tasmania. So far Ive had to discount Byron Bay,NSW (although closer to Brisbane than Sydney) because of the crime and the drugs, probably have to discount Townsville because of the heat. Not really considering Sydney because of the city life for my kids (although both me and my OH could walk into 50 jobs straight off the plane), Melbourne is an option and Aderlaide is still in the running.

My advice dont go to the gold coast (to touristy) yuck, hated the place couldn't imagine bringing up kids there.

Perfect place ...is that possible, if you find it let us all know!
Old Aug 13th 2007, 7:37 am
Banned

ozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really nice

Do you need to live near a capital city for employment, a place on the beach one or two hours outside a big city would be much more affordable the a place in a city near rthe beach.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 7:41 am
Banned

ozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really nice

Originally Posted by mike-Ju

Tasmania has the best scenery in OZ, little crime pollution etc, never gets hot,good if you don't like big cities, or maybe somewhere outside Melbourne -Anglesea, Queensliff, nice coastal towns 45 minutes outside Melbounre, THe Dandelong mountains also just outside Melboune is very nice.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

LOVERINGS has a spectacular aura aboutLOVERINGS has a spectacular aura aboutLOVERINGS has a spectacular aura about

we though aderlaide but was told got lots homeless and crime is bad there was told queensland lovely but to hot my husbands sister lives in nsw richmond she says its to pricey were she is will keep you informed thanks kate
Old Aug 13th 2007, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ozlord
Do you need to live near a capital city for employment, a place on the beach one or two hours outside a big city would be much more affordable the a place in a city near rthe beach.
no i really dont want to live to near a city and a dream place for us is anywere out of this place ha cant wait to go
Old Aug 13th 2007, 8:24 am
Banned

we though aderlaide but was told got lots homeless and crime is bad there was told queensland lovely but to hot my husbands sister lives in nsw richmond she says its to pricey were she is will keep you informed thanks kate
Crime and homelessness is'nt any worse in Adelaide then any other city in OZ, l would'nt rule out Adelaide just because soemone told you that.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 8:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozlord
Crime and homelessness is'nt any worse in Adelaide then any other city in OZ, l would'nt rule out Adelaide just because soemone told you that.

Absolutely. I've been here over a year and I'm still alive (and haven't been on the bad end of any crime either )
Old Aug 13th 2007, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

from what iv seen of aderlaide i like and house prices seem cheaper whats the winters like there i wouldnt be put off just cause of that anyway its still on the list any info on aderlaide would be good thanks
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

from what iv seen of aderlaide i like and house prices seem cheaper whats the winters like there i wouldnt be put off just cause of that anyway its still on the list any info on aderlaide would be good thanks

It can be pretty chilly in the winter, we've been getting day temps averaging at around 15 degrees for the past two months and night temps have been down to zero occasionally. I have been told that it's the coldest winter for a long time, and I know that it's colder than last year.

Spring and Autumn are really quite nice, the summer can be quite hot. There are times when the temps go over 40 degrees, but it's only for a few days at a time and there isn't the humidity you get further up the coast.

There's some pretty nice areas about, and if you're wanting near the beach there's quite a lot down South that's pretty affordable. There are lots of new suburbs popping up all over the place.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

im really looking for some were that dosent get to cold in the winter i cant stand these bitter cold winters but saying that our summers not much better just want a better life for my family were theres things to do good schools ect
Old Aug 13th 2007, 12:46 pm
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Went over for a reckie in Feb/Mar this year, Melbourne/Sydney, have to say Melbourne was our favourite, out of the city down the Princes Highway, thro Geelong, Anglesea, Lorne etc., around the Bellerine Peninsula it is beautiful, we are inthe process of going for a business visa hopefully to set up in Geelong, gives us the best of both worlds, 1 hour out of Melbourne and beaches with in easy distance.

Sydney was Ok just wasn't for us.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 1:08 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Paradise is here.......

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451735

Believe the hype about the heat & humidity and you could miss something special for the rest of your lives.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

god the pics or lush my husband would love it there its on the list

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.