Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nervous..BUT very excited.........!!!

Nervous..BUT very excited.........!!!

Old Jan 8th 2007, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Tetley999 will become famous soon enoughTetley999 will become famous soon enough
Question Nervous..BUT very excited.........!!!

Hi,

Nervious ........very , very nervous............

You must know the douts.....

Is it the right move for us?
Is it right for the kids future?
17 and 10, ............Am I doing right for them.....after all it should be all about the future for the Kids
Cant be any worse than..........................Birmingham.......... .... can it?

Have you taken a walk down the Alum Rock Road recently??

We think the Gold Coast is looking favorite...... but is it right??

They seem to want skilled Paramedics there..... but are there any alternatives...........?

We are visting in July for a month ... I know its not long enough but it may calm some of the nerves........ maybe?

HELP....... I have started the Qualification verification and police checks.... When should I apply for a Visa??

What if my BMI is too high............. Bloody hell...... I need a drink and a lie down in a dark room!!!! :scared:

Sooooooo many more questions... If you dont mind when I calm down........................I will post some more

Thanks
Old Jan 8th 2007, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nervous..BUT very excited.........!!!

CALM! s-j x
Old Jan 9th 2007, 10:51 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe

CALM! s-j x
Hello

Take a deeeeeeeeeeeep breath, and chill. Let's get the visit out of the way first, shall we?

Mate, we all feel this way, really, every single one of us... excitement, dread, panic, heart racing every time you think about it, the waking up in the morning early wondering what the hell you're doing....

Chill. What is meant to be will be.

Best of luck with it all, and let us know how your visit goes.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 10:55 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

It's easy to get stressed isn't it? Don't panic, it's not all bad

As for 'is it right?'; being realistic, only time can tell. After 18months here, I can certainly say it was right for us And at least you're coming over for a month so you'll get time to suss the place out. One suggestion I would make is not to treat it as a holiday. That won't be easy on the Gold Coast!! But you should try to use the public transport to get around, or maybe hire a car to check out suburbs, etc. Of course you'll want to go to the beach (even in July) but try to have a look at the city and hinterland, schools, etc.

I'm not sure what the timeframes for visas are at the moment. Have you had a look at www.austimeline.com? If you are planning on travelling here in July, you must be careful to make sure your visa application and trip don't overlap or you could end up in trouble. If you apply for the visa proper before July, make sure you inform DIMA about your July travel plans.
Old Jan 10th 2007, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

bethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nice

Originally Posted by wmoore
It's easy to get stressed isn't it? Don't panic, it's not all bad

As for 'is it right?'; being realistic, only time can tell. After 18months here, I can certainly say it was right for us And at least you're coming over for a month so you'll get time to suss the place out. One suggestion I would make is not to treat it as a holiday. That won't be easy on the Gold Coast!! But you should try to use the public transport to get around, or maybe hire a car to check out suburbs, etc. Of course you'll want to go to the beach (even in July) but try to have a look at the city and hinterland, schools, etc.

I'm not sure what the timeframes for visas are at the moment. Have you had a look at www.austimeline.com? If you are planning on travelling here in July, you must be careful to make sure your visa application and trip don't overlap or you could end up in trouble. If you apply for the visa proper before July, make sure you inform DIMA about your July travel plans.
hi
when in the gold coast in july try staying at tallebudjera creek holiday park, we stayed there on our rekkie, its was very central not too near the high rise and if you stay in one of the waterfront villas the view is fantastic. you can see any info about through www.familyparks.com.au
good luck
Beth
Old Jan 10th 2007, 7:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tetley999
Hi,

17 and 10, ............Am I doing right for them.....after all it should be all about the future for the Kids
Cant be any worse than..........................Birmingham.......... .... can it?

They seem to want skilled Paramedics there..... but are there any alternatives...........?

We are visting in July for a month ... I know its not long enough but it may calm some of the nerves........ maybe?

HELP....... I have started the Qualification verification and police checks.... When should I apply for a Visa??

What if my BMI is too high............. Bloody hell...... I need a drink and a lie down in a dark room!!!! :scared:

Sooooooo many more questions... If you dont mind when I calm down........................I will post some more

Thanks
hi and welcome we're also from the midlands!!!! and off to the gold coast this aug/sept. You'll have a great time on your reccie, we went last aug and the weather wasn't bad at all, bit of rain, but mainly warm and sunny we stayed in an apt at biggera waters.
Old Jan 10th 2007, 7:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tetley999
Hi,

Thanks
btw...I wouldn't send off your police checks yet!!!! not until you have sorted out sending for the visa. You'll only get 12 months after the date of the checks and it'll take a while to get everything ready for the visa app.
Old Jan 10th 2007, 7:16 pm
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

hello and welcome.
we all felt the same when we started and i still have some days when i still feel the same.
good luck with all your plans
Old Jan 11th 2007, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

let me help you ....
Attached Thumbnails Nervous..BUT very excited.........!!!-452px-new_street_birmingham_700.jpg   Nervous..BUT very excited.........!!!-800px-surfers_paradise_sign.jpg   Nervous..BUT very excited.........!!!-birminghamuk_skyline_centenary_square_700.jpg   Nervous..BUT very excited.........!!!-800px-view-q1-looking-north.jpg  
Old Jan 11th 2007, 5:24 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by doub
let me help you ....
wow..looks great!! wish i was there
Old Jan 11th 2007, 6:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
wow..looks great!! wish i was there
Now, ain't that strange, I love this place to bits, but those two Surfers pics do nothing for me at all

Tetley, stay calm - if you can. It's totally normal to feel this way but keep researching, remembering why you want to have this adventure and remember it not the end of the world if you decide you don't want to be here after all. On the other hand it could possibly be the best move you ever make
Old Jan 11th 2007, 8:59 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Now, ain't that strange, I love this place to bits, but those two Surfers pics do nothing for me at all
I love the view from Q1. I've been up there a few times and I could just stand there watching the sea to be honest
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
I love the view from Q1. I've been up there a few times and I could just stand there watching the sea to be honest
Me too. We have a fab view of Surfers from our beach which I love, just don't like those two.
Attached Thumbnails Nervous..BUT very excited.........!!!-towards-surfers.jpg  
Old Jan 11th 2007, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Me too. We have a fab view of Surfers from our beach which I love, just don't like those two.
Sorry Moneypen they were the only ones I could find on wikiwotsitcalled! I know the schoolies shot is more likely to put people off - but I liked the contrast between it & Birmingham main street.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 12:19 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by doub
Sorry Moneypen they were the only ones I could find on wikiwotsitcalled! I know the schoolies shot is more likely to put people off - but I liked the contrast between it & Birmingham main street.
Don't apologise, they definitely work as a comparison I would just hate that anyone would make the assumption that those showed the Gold Coast

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.