Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Neighbourhoods & Rentals Brisbane

Neighbourhoods & Rentals Brisbane

Old Aug 19th 2010, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

scaffrey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Neighbourhoods & Rentals Brisbane

Hi there, Im going to Brisbane in 4 weeks and I was wondering if anyone can offer advice on nice neighbourhoods near and around the city that I can look into for possible rental options? Would anyone know the best websites to check for rental properties also? Ideally I'd like to house/apartment share with 1/2 other people, but not student type accommodation.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Neighbourhoods & Rentals Brisbane

Originally Posted by scaffrey
Hi there, Im going to Brisbane in 4 weeks and I was wondering if anyone can offer advice on nice neighbourhoods near and around the city that I can look into for possible rental options? Would anyone know the best websites to check for rental properties also? Ideally I'd like to house/apartment share with 1/2 other people, but not student type accommodation.
The general rule is within a 6km radius of the city are the more sought after suburbs. Try realestate.com.au to check out rentals.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Carey77 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you're after a share check out gumtree.com.au there are quite a few shares and even a short term rentals section that could suit whilst you sort yourself out.

Also some on BrisbaneExchange.com

Google maps can be good to view the train lines.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 11:55 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

another one to check:

http://www.seqrents.com.au/
Old Aug 20th 2010, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

Gumtree is your best bet. Or flatmate.com.au

I personally like Paddington and surrounding areas best, but it's all down to personal preference. I have lived in Fortitude Valley and Spring Hill and find them a bit festy and dingy, although convenience for the city is unrivalled. Southside just seems like a pain in the bum of a commute, except maybe Kangaroo Point which seems like a nice spot. West End is a little edgy and can be cute bit it's also littered with halfway houses and there's quite a few addicts hanging around.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

Always loved Wilston, pricey but only 10 mins train ride to the city and great cafes and restaurants.......