To the Nego's

Old Oct 23rd 2006, 2:44 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: To the Nego's

Originally Posted by cheeryo1
Why they left the UK-the things that made them want to get out of the place.
Here in the Blue Mountains it is unbelievably quite-very little traffic, no queues at petrol pumps-cute cafes-with cheery staff(mostly).
The traffic is very very bad on a Sunday afternoon, from W'Falls onwards due to the narrow roads. The rest of the time it's fairly well paced. I have been in queues at petrol stations, usually two cars ahead. Cafe staff can be ok although the girl in the Coffee Box in Katoomba is miserable for much of the time. Mountain Harvest is excellent, as is the Hattery in Katoomba.

It in many ways mirrors the area in the UK I lived in-but an ideal version-without the social problems
Leura is a wealthy area and does not reflect the vast population of the Blue Mountains. It's a heavy tourist village. Katoomba and other areas which are North of the tracks all have social problems, there is not one village here that doesn't have bored youthn or people with a drug problem, or people on the bread line.
You seem to be dressing BM's up as some sort of utopia, when it isnt'.
Certainly it's a nice place to live, but it has it's own fair share of problems.

-
and for those that find "foreigners" irritating(I am a "foreigner" myself-can I make this point??)-this place is a dream-hardly a non-white face on the street-all very polite quite anglo-celtic small-town middle-class-kind of like a lost world. Kind of what daily-mail readers wish England was "still"-yet it makes for a very good place to live.
This place isn't a dream. Sure it's largely anglo saxon, but there are plenty of aboriginal and other faces in Katoomba and Leura itself.... I think you'll find they don't live in Leura because of the ridiculously inflated prices of housing.

Leura likes to think it's middle upper class and to it's detriment, carries with it a superiority and snobbery which lets them down.
I have been ignored in Leura by sales people in a certain shop who feel they're too good for the likes of me, as if my money is somehow different, yet my hub earns an extremely good wage. Mostly, people are nice there, just as they are in Katoomba but I would not describe a tourist town as 'a dream'. Step outside the boundaries of Leura to Katoomba ... it is not a dream. It has a massive drug problem and you only need to visit the underground parking area below KMart where the toilets are to see the extent of this... excrement on the walls, used needles on the floors.

The BM's is a good place to live for sure, but don't dress it up like it's something it's not. You're in the middle of Miss Marple country in Leura, with Colonial houses the norm and extremely wealthy people who have weekenders from the city. It is not the norm.

I remember you from some months back. You had a house in Leura you were about to return to. I didn't like your attitude back then under that name and I don't like it under this new ID either.

Last edited by iPom; Oct 23rd 2006 at 2:48 am.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 2:51 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=cheeryo1]
Originally Posted by northernbird

I know-I myself am not European-".

Dear god, I hope we never meet.

Last edited by Rete; Oct 23rd 2006 at 9:42 am. Reason: Quoted text removed
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 2:52 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=iPom]

I would imagine the trollometer is now off the scale
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 2:54 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=iPom]

snigger

neighbours, everybody needs good neighbours
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 2:58 am
Banned

cheeryo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iPom
The traffic is very very bad on a Sunday afternoon, from W'Falls onwards due to the narrow roads. The rest of the time it's fairly well paced. I have been in queues at petrol stations, usually two cars ahead. Cafe staff can be ok although the girl in the Coffee Box in Katoomba is miserable for much of the time. Mountain Harvest is excellent, as is the Hattery in Katoomba.

Leura is a wealthy area and does not reflect the vast population of the Blue Mountains. It's a heavy tourist village. Katoomba and other areas which are North of the tracks all have social problems, there is not one village here that doesn't have bored youthn or people with a drug problem, or people on the bread line.
Certainly it's a nice place to live, but it has it's own fair share of problems.

-

This place isn't a dream. Sure it's largely anglo saxon, but there are plenty of aboriginal and other faces in Katoomba and Leura itself.... I think you'll find they don't live in Leura because of the ridiculously inflated prices of housing.

Leura likes to think it's middle upper class and to it's detriment, carries with it a superiority and snobbery which lets them down.
I have been ignored in Leura by sales people in a certain shop who feel they're too good for the likes of me, as if my money is somehow different, yet my hub earns an extremely good wage. Mostly, people are nice there, just as they are in Katoomba but I would not describe a tourist town as 'a dream'. Step outside the boundaries of Leura to Katoomba ... it is not a dream. It has a massive drug problem and you only need to visit the underground parking area below KMart where the toilets are to see the extent of this... excrement on the walls, used needles on the floors.

The BM's is a good place to live for sure, but don't dress it up like it's something it's not. You're in the middle of Miss Marple country in Leura, with Colonial houses the norm and extremely wealthy people who have weekenders from the city. It is not the norm.

I remember you from some months back. You had a house in Leura you were about to return to. I didn't like your attitude back then under that name and I don't like it under this new ID either.
I think you are missing the point-actually....no place is Utopia-and I grew up with many of those drug-addicts-you neednt inform me of things I know.
There are hardly any people here anyway-where I lived in the UK the local sink estate had a bigger population that the entire Blue Mountains-I am speaking relatively-i know that leura folk arent say, the same bunch as say Glenbrook folk-and even the other side of the train tracks in Leura is "bogan"-in fact most of the mountains is "bogan"(aussie chav)-but its still damn quite and cannot be compared to the massive chav scene where I lived in the UK.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 3:02 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=cheeryo1]
Originally Posted by northernbird

I know-I myself am not European-and always regarded by myself and by those that know me as very politically correct-but might I confess, I found the standard "foreigners" in the UK -really really irritating. I am all for immigration-and find "ethnics" here a cut above.
In fact here in the Blue mountains when I came across a chicken shop run by Pakistani's in Katoomba and a couple of Indians working at a petrol station-I confess I wanted to run the other way-thinking "please Australia dont imitate the UK on this one".
Are you sure you didn't mis-spell the thread title and miss an R out?
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 3:05 am
Banned

[QUOTE=iPom]

And if we do you will pick me as a "foreigner"-and let me say I am just being honest-actually-I am Persian and if an Asian goes to the UK and comes back conceeding the place was-to some extent- wrecked by foreigners-you might want to take note. I am not blaming the actual foreigners themselves-rather the people that let them in-and actually I dont really care anyway-I would just rather live here without the teeming hordes of unassimilated asylum-seekers.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any way of reporting racist posts such as this to the MODS?

I hope they ban this person. Racism is not welcome on this board.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 3:12 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=cheeryo1]

And if we do you will pick me as a "foreigner"-and let me say I am just being honest-actually-I am Persian and if an Asian goes to the UK and comes back conceeding the place was-to some extent- wrecked by foreigners-you might want to take note. I am not blaming the actual foreigners themselves-rather the people that let them in-and actually I dont really care anyway-I would just rather live here without the teeming hordes of unassimilated asylum-seekers.
Persian?

That encompasses a few countries can you be more specific

Sound more like a universal Snob to me
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 3:14 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=cheeryo1]

'Foreigners' have been 'let in' to the UK since the Angles and Saxons. So the place you describe as 'wrecked' by foreigners actually became the place it did thanks to foreigners.

Oh, but I forgot - you only class 'non-white' people as foreigners.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 3:15 am
Banned

-

I shop at coles everyday-(perhaps we will bump into each other)-why would I want to go under K-mart-and thats my point -you cant avoid that stuff in the UK-look its ametter of degrees-I know the Blue mountains well-and you seem to be painting it as something it aint either-Most people in this place will call it paradise-and I only hang around -the second-homer crowd anyway-so there. Why would i want to hang around Bogans anyway??
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 3:16 am
Banned

[QUOTE=thebears]

Persian?

That encompasses a few countries can you be more specific

Sound more like a universal Snob to me
parsi-from Bombay
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 3:17 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I shop at coles everyday-(perhaps we will bump into each other)-why would I want to go under K-mart-and thats my point -you cant avoid that stuff in the UK-look its ametter of degrees-I know the Blue mountains well-and you seem to be painting it as something it aint either-Most people in this place will call it paradise-and I only hang around -the second-homer crowd anyway-so there. Why would i want to hang around Bogans anyway??

ding a ling ding a ling, trollometer off the scale, all run for cover, its gonna blow :scared:
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 3:17 am
Mozzie magnet

Why would i want to hang around Bogans anyway??
Because you are one?
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 3:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rudi
Is there any way of reporting racist posts such as this to the MODS?

I hope they ban this person. Racism is not welcome on this board.

Just click the little ! mark at the side of the reply to post button

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.