Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Negativeness.....

Negativeness.....

Old Oct 22nd 2006, 7:19 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Negativeness.....

Originally Posted by Margaret3
Right I know i'm not in aus, but i cant understand why barefoot people in the supermarket annoy ppl so much, I think its fab that ppl couldn't care less whether they have shoes on or not, and some even do it in their night clothes, or take kids in their night clothes.

When i get there its one of the first things i intend to do put me nightie on and go barefoot in the supermarket
Let's hope it's not the see through one MArgaret
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 7:26 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Negativeness.....

Originally Posted by Margaret3
Right I know i'm not in aus, but i cant understand why barefoot people in the supermarket annoy ppl so much
According to the posts I have seen, it is "dirty" and "sloppy".

Apparently we should all visit the shops in formal evening wear.

Old Oct 22nd 2006, 7:36 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
According to the posts I have seen, it is "dirty" and "sloppy".

Apparently we should all visit the shops in formal evening wear.

Never venture in aisle 3 for beans without my tiara on myself...sniff
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 7:37 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
Let's hope it's not the see through one MArgaret

...and lets hope she is wearing a bra!
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 7:40 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
...and lets hope she is wearing a bra!
lol, sorry Margaret
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 7:43 pm
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by herrchook
lol, sorry Margaret
...last thing I want to see when I am buying me snags is a Jockess in a see-through nightie with large unfettered breasts

large guffaw
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasG
Shame some people are just so bloody 'anti' on here at times - get pissed off with the negativeness on this site sometimes.

We are 12, 000 miles from the UK...and still people expect things to be the same, and moan when it's not.

I think anyone has to be broad-minded enough to adapt, or at least try .....'when in Rome'

....and be damn grateful that they have been allowed to live here...it's not some God-given right!!

Of course....for some people, it is not for them....but as long as they have given it a proper go...then thats ok...BUT...

Right...I've had my whinge now

Comments welcome and valued..
Could be worse it could be just rose tinted posts then no one would bother to use forum. I consider the mixture of both positives and negatives to be a good thing and it encourages debated (sometimes over heated). And for everyone who's overly negative there's one who's overly positive and seems to be heading off to Aus without a clue what it's really like! Also I love reading the good old moaning posts
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 7:49 pm
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Could be worse it could be just rose tinted posts then no one would bother to use forum. I consider the mixture of both positives and negatives to be a good thing and it encourages debated (sometimes over heated). And for everyone who's overly negative there's one who's overly positive and seems to be heading off to Aus without a clue what it's really like! Also I love reading the good old moaning posts
I agree that the moaning posts do give food for thought but may be overly negative in nature at times.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that the moaning posts do give food for thought but may be overly negative in nature at times.

Well consider the amount of posts were you'd think living in the UK was something close to hell on earth! Now lack of perspective is very apparent for some when slating the country they were born and raised in! I love living in England, I'm not moving to escape anything some seem to think that it's possible to escape everyday bad things that happen.....
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 8:00 pm
A rather curious boy

Well consider the amount of posts were you'd think living in the UK was something close to hell on earth! Now lack of perspective is very apparent for some when slating the country they were born and raised in! I love living in England, I'm not moving to escape anything some seem to think that it's possible to escape everyday bad things that happen.....
I do know where you are coming from. The UK has served me well and I have only minor complaints ie weather and dog crap!! No desperate desire to flee as I have nothing to flee from, I believe in many ways you control the life that you have (although there are obviously things way out of the control of everyone)...I have a good life here but I believe that I can have an equally good life somewhere else and I just don't want to grow old in cold Old Blighty.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

I do know where you are coming from. The UK has served me well and I have only minor complaints ie weather and dog crap!! No desperate desire to flee as I have nothing to flee from, I believe in many ways you control the life that you have (although there are obviously things way out of the control of everyone)...I have a good life here but I believe that I can have an equally good life somewhere else and I just don't want to grow old in cold Old Blighty.

Ok so you agree with me but don't know where I'm coming from
Wasn't referring to your posts but please feel free to browse this site and see the amount of anti UK sentiment on here for all to see. I can understand some people come from the less desirable areas but they seem to think that all of UK is just like where they live. Far outweighs the amount of Australia bashing that goes on!
But regardless of any of this I enjoy this site for both the positive and negative aspects!
But alas
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 8:15 pm
A rather curious boy

Wasn't referring to your posts but please feel free to browse this site and see the amount of anti UK sentiment on here for all to see. I can understand some people come from the less desirable areas but they seem to think that all of UK is just like where they live. Far outweighs the amount of Australia bashing that goes on!
But regardless of any of this I enjoy this site for both the positive and negative aspects!
But alas
I knew what you meant...I think we just misunderstood each other a little...ah typing, syntax and all that!
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 8:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

So would the extortinate price of say international airfares/ NSUK's posts on WA education/Crestas posts on racial deaths in custody, be a whinge or a valid discussion?

Would the discussions on racism be a whinge or people in genuine disbelief at some 'incidents' here.

Would the shock some get at the price of say fruit veg be a whinge or would it be something people should kick up a fuss about.

Would the enless posts about people feeling they have got a raw deal on building/buying a house be whinging or do the discussions help others avoid the same pitfalls.

Once peoples actually live here they spend far more hours doing day to day grind than than going to the park, or watching lovely dolphins, if we only have those threads whats the point of the forum.

Whinging, yes there is some, look at the thread on "australia - what you dont like", why exactly did people who have demonstrated time and time again they cannot handle any negatives about australia, get in there read it and whinge

And why do people post whinges about their relatives/neighbours/house sale in the UK/ or the UK weather which people are still whinging about despite being almost november is has been 20 most days.

I suppose because people whinge in real life be they aussies or poms.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 8:23 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I suppose because people whinge in real life be they aussies or poms.
Exactly ....

if you whinge in the UK you're pretty much gonna whinge wherever - just about different things.

People who emigrate should do it for the right reasons (not blame UK society, Blair, taxes etc..) because pretty much ALL the social problems you encounter in the UK you will encounter in all expat countries.

we came to live a beach life, have more cash, have an outdoor life - and we've got that and so much more. Our dislikes of Canouan are outnumbered 50-1 by the positives and we concentrate on those and think....

"arent we lucky - we live where people spend their dream vacations!"
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 8:31 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Negativeness.....

His post actually says:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.