Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Need to stay calm.......BUT!!!!!!!

Need to stay calm.......BUT!!!!!!!

Old Mar 11th 2006, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Need to stay calm.......BUT!!!!!!!

We've sold the house!!!! Our buyers are only selling one of their houses and it's sold with surveys already done. Their buyers are selling to cash buyers! I'm really trying to not get too excited but it's so hard!

Have to tell family today. They've been really supportive so far but this is like a finality issue - house selling was the last thing to do.

We managed to get near enough what we wanted and managed to push them up twice in the bargaining!!! They are aware of our situation and I know the recent post advised not to say but in our experience it didn't seem to matter and we managed to agree at offer for 1 month between exchange and completion.

So - for eveyone else trying to sell - there is hope and it will happen.

Yippee!!!!!
Old Mar 11th 2006, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

pioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud of
Default Re: Need to stay calm.......BUT!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by lucy.summers
We've sold the house!!!! Our buyers are only selling one of their houses and it's sold with surveys already done. Their buyers are selling to cash buyers! I'm really trying to not get too excited but it's so hard!

Have to tell family today. They've been really supportive so far but this is like a finality issue - house selling was the last thing to do.

We managed to get near enough what we wanted and managed to push them up twice in the bargaining!!! They are aware of our situation and I know the recent post advised not to say but in our experience it didn't seem to matter and we managed to agree at offer for 1 month between exchange and completion.

Yippee!!!!!
Brilliant news, keeping fingers crossed it all goes smoothly for you.

I know what you mean about the family. We told our family we had accepted an offer and my brother was threatening to come round on the day survey was done with a placard saying look out for the wood worm etc.

Sharon x
Old Mar 11th 2006, 7:11 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Good news - from one Bristolian to another!
Old Mar 11th 2006, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Lucy well and truly pleased for you.
I know when I sell my house I will be the same I know I should not get excited but I will be shouting it from the roof tops.
We have changed agents this week so you never know.
Good Luck with everything else.
Dreamaway
Old Mar 11th 2006, 8:33 am
flirt

stutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Need to stay calm.......BUT!!!!!!!

well done I bet it feels great, your on your way know!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope we sell ours soon, bring us some luck.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 8:54 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

They are aware of our situation and I know the recent post advised not to say but in our experience it didn't seem to matter and we managed to agree at offer for 1 month between exchange and completion.
Congratulations Lucy! We're not going to keep it a secret either, but we are going to let the agent know that it doesn't mean we're in a spectacular rush, that we'll accept an offer 20k under, or that we have any set date to clear off.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats from us as well, ours has been on the market just under a week and we've had 3 people round, no offers yet though :-((

Where you off to in OZ?
Old Mar 11th 2006, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Congrats from us as well, ours has been on the market just under a week and we've had 3 people round, no offers yet though :-((

Where you off to in OZ?
Off to Perth - staying with husbands aunt and uncle to start with whilst we look for either land to build and a place to rent or find a house to buy - will all depend on what land is available - looking at Hocking area.

Hope you get offers soon - we had 3 round within 48 hours of going on the market and were really hopeful and then it took 5 weeks to get an offer - but in the scheme of things 5 weeks is not that long - just seemed like ages!!!!!

Loads of luck
Old Mar 11th 2006, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
Congratulations Lucy well and truly pleased for you.
I know when I sell my house I will be the same I know I should not get excited but I will be shouting it from the roof tops.
We have changed agents this week so you never know.
Good Luck with everything else.
Dreamaway
It WILL happen - karma sent to help you on your way!
Old Mar 11th 2006, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stutess
well done I bet it feels great, your on your way know!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope we sell ours soon, bring us some luck.
I'm sure it will - karma sent to you as well to hope you sell soon!!!
Old Mar 11th 2006, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

Yippee!!!!!
Congratulations and good luck, hope it all works out for you.

Jaymac
Old Mar 11th 2006, 12:13 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pioneer
I know what you mean about the family. We told our family we had accepted an offer and my brother was threatening to come round on the day survey was done with a placard saying look out for the wood worm etc.
sorry but what a w*nker blo*dy families....who needs 'em?

.........sorry should say blo*dy brothers.....mine is a plonker in the first degree...he hasn't spoken to me since we got here
Old Mar 11th 2006, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by artep
sorry but what a w*nker blo*dy families....who needs 'em?

.........sorry should say blo*dy brothers.....mine is a plonker in the first degree...he hasn't spoken to me since we got here
But how is Buderim, are you liking it?
We really like it when we was over in nov
Old Mar 11th 2006, 12:23 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
But how is Buderim, are you liking it?
We really like it when we was over in nov
Loving it thnx Kevin...lovely 'villagey' feel to it...2 of my kids are also really settled in Mountain Creek High. We're now looking to buy within the area.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by artep
Loving it thnx Kevin...lovely 'villagey' feel to it...2 of my kids are also really settled in Mountain Creek High. We're now looking to buy within the area.
Sounds good, we'll be over soon I hope and our son wil be in Mountain Creek High. Whats the weather up to at the moment?
Also looking to buy in Buderim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.