Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

in need of some reassurance!!!!

in need of some reassurance!!!!

Old Aug 18th 2007, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Edwards family is an unknown quantity at this point
Default in need of some reassurance!!!!

I have exchanged all our house money yesterday at a rate of 2.46. I am now wondering if I have done the right thing. I know it is too late now but do you think this was a good exchange rate. I feel like I have rushed in a bit now. Does anyone think I could have got a better deal - I went with Hifx.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

noggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to all
Default Re: in need of some reassurance!!!!

Think u will be ok mate, my house is up for sale at present and my figure has always been 2.5..if i had me cash id cash the lot in!! uve made your move stick by it,its the best rate for ages,and it aint going much further!.. i checked yesterday and it was 2.52? or is that for the millionaires
Old Aug 18th 2007, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

It was showing 2.51 on the internet when I agreed 2.46. I was hoping for 2.5. I would have been alot happier with that. But it is done now - nothing I can do.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 8:37 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edwards family
It was showing 2.51 on the internet when I agreed 2.46. I was hoping for 2.5. I would have been alot happier with that. But it is done now - nothing I can do.
I'd be happy if I were you - its done now and you no longer have to worry about it dropping drastically
Old Aug 18th 2007, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Olias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to behold

I think you were wise.

When the rate shot up this last few days it did get as high as 2.56, but this was a blip and it seems to be hovering around a high of 2.49-2.51, so your rate wasn't far off that.

I just bought a forward contract yesterday for 2.5025 and I don't even have the money yet I scraped the deposit together with credit card borrowing and overdraft thats how confident i am that it was a good rate.

Put it this way, just feel sorry for those poor buggers that exchanged a month or two back at 2.25

Just in case is does rise a bit more, I wouldn't torture yourself by keeping checking the rate, be happy you have got a decent rate.

Cheers,

Olias
Old Aug 18th 2007, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Thanks - your right. I'll have to stop looking now.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

jojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edwards family
Thanks - your right. I'll have to stop looking now.
Bet ya don't!
Old Aug 18th 2007, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Location: Originally Reading - now the Beautiful Central Coast!
MurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really nice

Hello

The trick is to stop looking!!! Easier said than done as we were in the same situation but like somebody said before - what's done is done!! And just think - it could have been the other way around and you could have exchanged at a much lower rate!

One thing I know for sure - I couldn't be someone who works in that field and who has to choose every day of their working lives when to place a deal!!!

Tracy