Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

in need of some more inspiration please

in need of some more inspiration please

Old Nov 8th 2005, 12:57 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: in need of some more inspiration please

when I was in Scotland during the winter I would make a huge pot of veggie soup and whenever I got peckish I would have a bowl....I lost loads.

also I went on a baked potato diet and the weight fell off me too. just chucked in a tin ov beans or tuna
yummy
Old Nov 8th 2005, 9:36 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joho
f**king hell, just how much exercise do I need to do for that kinda weight loss. Please inspire me. Just talking about joining the gym to hubby last night, do you go and how often/long. Big new leisure centre opened 2 weeks ago. Can you give me a sample of your daily food intake.
Originally Posted by joho

Jo
Originally Posted by chattyshazza
Wow Claire that is amazing, what sort of excersise are you doing and what is your general eating plan?

Thanks guys - well I use my local council gym for exercise, but I am lucky enough that my mum used to be a leader at Weight Watchers, and now runs her own healthy eating club. She has put together a great eating plan for me. Initially when I began, I did the Sacred Heart diet for 1 week - I have attached it for you - but let me tell you this... IT'S A BLOODY TOUGH FIRST WEEK DIET!!!!!!!! I lost 9 pound the first week! Amazing I know but I stuck to this diet to the letter & it worked. From then on I use the diet below; each week I vary the days so one week what I ate on the Monday I would eat on the Friday of the following week - hope that make sense... its just so you aren't bored.

Monday

Meal 1 Cereal (50g) and skimmed milk
Meal 2 Banana and mixed nuts
Meal 3 Chicken (100g), brown pasta (30g), tossed with pine nuts (15g) and green pesto
Meal 4 Two rice cakes with cottage cheese (125ml)
Meal 5 King prawn kebab marinated in ginger and lime and served with wild rice (60g)

Tuesday

Meal 1 Cinnamon pancakes: 2 eggs, 225ml skimmed milk, 125g wholemeal flour, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1.5 tsp baking powder and pinch of salt (only use half the mixture to make the pancake)
Meal 2 Fruit smoothie and walnuts (50g)
Meal 3 Turkey sandwich with lettuce on wholemeal bread
Meal 4 Dried fruit and nuts (50g of each)
Meal 5 Lean beef mince (150g), homemade Bolognese sauce and brown spaghetti (70g)

Wednesday

Meal 1 Oatmeal and skimmed milk
Meal 2 Ryvita and ham
Meal 3 Jacket potato and 90g tuna
Meal 4 Orange juice (200ml) and cereal bar
Meal 5 Haddock and spinach roulade on wild rice

Thursday

Meal 1 Fresh Fruit Salad
Meal 2 Low fat cottage cheese and an apple
Meal 3 Mixed leaf salad with fresh prawns (100g)
Meal 4 Fruit smoothie and nuts (50g)
Meal 5 Small chicken breast stir-fried with vegetables, garlic and soy sauce with wholemeal noodles

Friday

Meal 1 Scrambled egg whites (3) on one slice wholemeal toast
Meal 2 Cereal bar
Meal 3 Chicken fajita wrap - 100g chicken, sliced red/green peppers and onions on a wholemeal fajita wrap
Meal 4 Low fat cottage cheese with 2 Ryvita
Meal 5 A large red or green pepper stuffed with couscous (200g), rosemary and lean ham

Saturday

Meal 1 Cereal (50g) and skimmed milk
Meal 2 Low fat cottage cheese and an apple
Meal 3 Turkey sandwich with lettuce on wholemeal bread
Meal 4 Fruit smoothie and nuts (50g)
Meal 5 Chicken kebab marinated in Worcestershire Sauce and served with wild rice (60g)

Sunday

Meal 1 Fresh Fruit Salad
Meal 2 Cereal bar
Meal 3 Jacket Potato with low fat cottage cheese and a pear
Meal 4 2 Ryvita and turkey breast
Meal 5 Lean roast beef (120g), broccoli & cauliflower bake with sundried tomato and basil pesto

It sounds like a lot of food I know but trust me - you feel so full afterwards!

Another good dessert when I crave something sweet - I get a digestive biscuit, crush it up - mix it into a small tub of natural yogurt & put 2 drops of vanilla essence in & mix... its YUMMY! As for exercise, I walk as much as possible. I swim. I do the gym thing but rarely - when I go I use the step machine & the sit up weight thingy but to be honest I do more at home! I bought this DVD http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000089ARG/qid=1131445995/sr=8-4/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i4_xgl/202-2646038-0341465 and use that at home - its scary but good fun! I hope I have inspired you! I weighed 20 stones before my kids and never ever exercised - now I weigh just over 15 stone & have lost 66 pounds doing this! My goal is 11 stone so only 56 pounds to go!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Sacred Heart Diet.pdf (32.5 KB, 13802 views)

Last edited by Jonahs_mummy; Nov 8th 2005 at 9:39 am.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

im trying to get BFFB (beach fit for brisbane) im trying to stick to cereal for lunch, brown rice for lunch and half a carton of covent garden soup for dinner, I want to lost 1 1/2 to 2 stone, im doing a couple of classes a week now too, just praying i have enough time as we leave in 3 months. My clothes are getting a little looser.

GOOD LUCK DUDES!!!
Old Nov 8th 2005, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
me me me!

It is working as I have lost 30kg in 12 wks!!!!!!!!

love Claire
xxx
Sorry to be pedantic but according to conversion charts 30kg is 4.72 stones - are you sure it's this much?
Old Nov 8th 2005, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

I think that it's great that you are trying to improve your health - well done.

Luckily for me I have never needed to diet but then I really don't like fatty foods much. I have been very conscious on the kids diets. I don't want them to get into the vicious junk diets that are so tempting. They eat such a wide range of fruits and veggies now that ever meal time we have a fantastic spread.

Dieting in Winter must be hell. It's too cold and dark to go out and exercises and your body is screaming for food. Have you thought about an indoor sport like badminton? and start the day with un - sugared porridge.

I have found that if sugars are not brought into the house a lot of the temptation is gone. ( well apart from PMT )

Good luck with it all.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 11:13 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flip
Sorry to be pedantic but according to conversion charts 30kg is 4.72 stones - are you sure it's this much?
Yep I was weighed approx. 2 mths prior to falling pregnant with Susannah & weighed in at 127Kg (20 st) and throughout my pregnancy I stuck to a healthy eating plan & did post natal exercises at my local clinic. I was then weighed the week after having Susannah (23/08/05) & I weighed 124Kg - I was then weighed 9 wks after having Susannah & weighed 102Kg! Since then I have lost a further 5Kg - ok when I say I have lost 30kg in 12 wks I only started this plan 12 wks ago but had started to slowly lose it whilst pregnant also. Even so, this healthy eating menu seems to work for me.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Yep I was weighed approx. 2 mths prior to falling pregnant with Susannah & weighed in at 127Kg (20 st) and throughout my pregnancy I stuck to a healthy eating plan & did post natal exercises at my local clinic. I was then weighed the week after having Susannah (23/08/05) & I weighed 124Kg - I was then weighed 9 wks after having Susannah & weighed 102Kg! Since then I have lost a further 5Kg - ok when I say I have lost 30kg in 12 wks I only started this plan 12 wks ago but had started to slowly lose it whilst pregnant also. Even so, this healthy eating menu seems to work for me.
Well done you. I didn't mean to be flip (oops) it just seemed an awful lot as a good friend had just lost the same amount over a year and I'm so proud of her - just hope she can inspire me too.

You did brilliantly to keep the weight from rising while pregnant and you've made an incredible start - congratulations on the new baby too.

Flip
Old Nov 8th 2005, 11:31 am
Just Joined

zakspeed has a brilliant futurezakspeed has a brilliant futurezakspeed has a brilliant futurezakspeed has a brilliant futurezakspeed has a brilliant futurezakspeed has a brilliant futurezakspeed has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by robos
i desperately need to lose weight i have lost quite a bit already this year (4 stone) is anyone going to help me or diet with me its hard to do it on your own i only need to lose another 2/3 stones

anyone

dust no

anyone!!!

desperate jan xxx
Hi Jan,

My name is Jeri, my husband and I and our three kids are emigrating to Brisbane next year. We started the whole process last January, preparing our skills assessment and eventually lodged our application at the beginning of August. We are just in the middle of meds and x-rays at the moment...what fun!?

My other half races motorbikes and has been chasing championships for the last four years. At the beginning of this season he decided as this would probably be his last in this country, he really wanted to put absolutely everything into it. He's a big guy and really needed to shed about 2 1/2 - 3 stone. we met up with a sports nutrition coach at one of the circuits and she started him on a weight loss and nutrition programme. As well as using the product on a daily basis he used it to improve his race/sports endurance and performance. The first time he used it was before a race (which he won) and he could not believe the difference it made to his energy levels both during and after the race. He started using the products and lost the 2 1/2 stone in 10 weeks. That was back in March, he has maintained this weight easily by using the products daily and has just won the Championship.

A couple of weeks after he started on the programme, I was so impressed with it, I started on it myself. I did not really need to lose weight, but with three small kids at home and everything that goes with being a mum, my energy levels were non-existant. I was amazed at the difference it made to me. I felt so much better and looked healthier and my body really toned up.

We are now going into our meds with confidence that we are both in good condition both inside and out.

I have since helped many people to achieve and maintain their target weight in a natural and healthy way. You have done so brilliantly and should be very proud, 4 stone is a hell of an achievement. If you would like any advice or information please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]

Kind regards

Jeri x
Old Nov 8th 2005, 11:37 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Originally Posted by flip
Well done you. I didn't mean to be flip (oops) it just seemed an awful lot as a good friend had just lost the same amount over a year and I'm so proud of her - just hope she can inspire me too.

You did brilliantly to keep the weight from rising while pregnant and you've made an incredible start - congratulations on the new baby too.

Flip
Thanks mate! I think what people have to understand is that I am a big lady! 20st is a hell of a weight, so now I am almost at 15st I feel like Twiggy, although some people who don;t know me may think I am still fat but I feel slim! LOL

Last edited by Jonahs_mummy; Nov 8th 2005 at 12:07 pm.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

Elly13 is on a distinguished road

Hi. I don't believe in diets because the thought of depriving yourself of the foods you crave for the rest of your life seems ludicrous. The secret to losing weight is 90% in your head and 10% eating. If you change your thought patterns then you automatically change what you put in your mouth. I was 15 stone before I discovered the website www.thejuicemaster.co.uk. Get his book "Freedom from the food trap" it is so inspirational. I used to be a white refined sugar junky who binged on chocolate, doughnuts, biscuits etc every day. Now there is not a day goes by that I DON'T EVER crave for these foods or ever think about them in the obsessed way I did before. It's not about having the will power to stop eating this sh*t but about having a choice - and I choose not to eat them. Junk food is addictive-clean your body from them and you won't crave them anymore. But the warning is, is it is LIFE CHANGING! You have to totally readdress what you eat, the way you eat and how you think about food.

I cleaned out my body by detoxing for 2 weeks by juicing fresh vegetables. Sounds yukky I know but tastes delicious in the right combinations (the book will explain all this) You get withdrawl symptoms while the body starves out the sugar parasites but afterwards you feel more energised and clean. Junk food has no goodness in it which is why you want more quite quickly. Drinking half a pint of vegetables is so filling because it is full of nutritional stuff that feeds the body.

This is my life now. I chucked the scales out because it is irrelevant how much I weigh. We are the only species obsessed with how much we weigh! I am losing weight rapidly but even that is irrelevant because the important thing is that I am feeding my body all the right nutrients etc and I have changed my way of thinking in my head. Why would I want to put junk food into my healthy body now? Probably it's the same answer as why would I want to inject my body with heroin?

I am a mere amateur on this subject. A student who knows little but thinks she knows it all - a dangerous person! So visit Jason Vales website get the books (another one of his is- turbo charge your body in 14 days) and read them with an open mind - thats all you need for now - an open mind. Afterall what do you have to lose?

Good luck to all you LIFE CHANGERS not dieters!
Elly
Old Nov 8th 2005, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

Oh and don't forget to exercise! The body was designed to move. You don't have to go to the gym and stare at yourself in the mirror every day! Go and join a netball team, squash, kayaking, yoga, swim, cycle, play rounders, football! What do YOU enjoy. Exercise is fun if you find what you like doing.

Elly
Old Nov 8th 2005, 12:07 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Originally Posted by Elly13
Hi. I don't believe in diets because the thought of depriving yourself of the foods you crave for the rest of your life seems ludicrous. The secret to losing weight is 90% in your head and 10% eating. If you change your thought patterns then you automatically change what you put in your mouth. I was 15 stone before I discovered the website www.thejuicemaster.co.uk. Get his book "Freedom from the food trap" it is so inspirational. I used to be a white refined sugar junky who binged on chocolate, doughnuts, biscuits etc every day. Now there is not a day goes by that I DON'T EVER crave for these foods or ever think about them in the obsessed way I did before. It's not about having the will power to stop eating this sh*t but about having a choice - and I choose not to eat them. Junk food is addictive-clean your body from them and you won't crave them anymore. But the warning is, is it is LIFE CHANGING! You have to totally readdress what you eat, the way you eat and how you think about food.

I cleaned out my body by detoxing for 2 weeks by juicing fresh vegetables. Sounds yukky I know but tastes delicious in the right combinations (the book will explain all this) You get withdrawl symptoms while the body starves out the sugar parasites but afterwards you feel more energised and clean. Junk food has no goodness in it which is why you want more quite quickly. Drinking half a pint of vegetables is so filling because it is full of nutritional stuff that feeds the body.

This is my life now. I chucked the scales out because it is irrelevant how much I weigh. We are the only species obsessed with how much we weigh! I am losing weight rapidly but even that is irrelevant because the important thing is that I am feeding my body all the right nutrients etc and I have changed my way of thinking in my head. Why would I want to put junk food into my healthy body now? Probably it's the same answer as why would I want to inject my body with heroin?

I am a mere amateur on this subject. A student who knows little but thinks she knows it all - a dangerous person! So visit Jason Vales website get the books (another one of his is- turbo charge your body in 14 days) and read them with an open mind - thats all you need for now - an open mind. Afterall what do you have to lose?

Good luck to all you LIFE CHANGERS not dieters!
Elly
good attitude - i AM a life changer!
Old Nov 8th 2005, 2:41 pm
Baba jo

the Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant future

Ive had the excersise phase where i cant sit on me arse unless I'm scrunching my buttocks, costing me a fortune in gym membership etc etc and then it hits winter and I crawl into my cave and veg out on crisps. ive had the weight watchers phase the do it myself phase, the read the books phase.
At the end of it all Im still fat and but my purse is the only thing losing the feking weight ha ha.
But hey ho trying it all again. Strong in the fact that if I still eat fresh food and portion control I can at least feel healthy and get more energy. Lost another 1, 1/2 stone, but still gorgeous, ha ha.
ive put in some of my life savers.

Nice recipe for sweet tooths

large pot of low fat greek yogurt
2 x white chocolate options ( mix in little water and mix with yogurt)
lots of strawberries
and crushed Meringues

add together and its yummmy very low fat and can feed a family.

low fat chips

cut potato into chips
par boil
add to a baking tray
fry light oil on top
bake in oven till brown
yummmy
also good on small cut potatoes covered in your choice of herbs or spices

Macaronni bake

veg of your choice I use lots of cauliflower , broccoli ,sweetcorn, peppers
once cooked put in casserole dish and cover with a tin of maccaroni cheese.

bake in oven till brown you can add sliced potato, tomoatoes etc on top

gorgeous
you only have to count the tin of macca cheese
Old Nov 8th 2005, 2:54 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

thank you claire you are such an inspiration

well done keep it up

thanks for that

jan xx
Old Nov 8th 2005, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

White potato is not particularly good for you so the best alternative is to get a butternut squash, chop it up into chunky shaped chips, put in an oven tray and bake for 20 mins until soft. No oil needed. Just naked on their own. And how scrummy!! And they are good for you. It's the only chips my kids want.

Home made lemonade. Juice 2 apples to half a lemon. Don't knock it till you've tried it!!

Steam fresh fish of your choice with steamed vegetables. Steaming keeps all the goodness that boiling gets rid of.

Eat wholemeal everything. Swap all white stuff for wholemeal, EG BREAD, RICE PASTA

If you have to have potato get the sweet potatoes. Much better for you.

BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE RECIPE

Juice in a juicer the following

2 golden delicious apples
1 stick celery
1/4 lime
handful of spinach
a chunk of cucumber
1/2 small pineapple

pour into a blender/smoothie maker

add chunks of avocado
ice

mix well and enjoy! This is now my breakfast and it is so tasty and filling. Better than cereals and healthier!

I can't afford a juicer i hear you cry! Nor could I until I realised that I was spending £20 - £30 a week on cr*p doughnuts etc! Two weeks without these bought my juicer...2 more weeks bought my smoothie maker. This recipe comes from Jason Vales book.

I chucked out milk altogether. It contains a high level of a substance called CASEIN which we humans extract and use in one of our strongest wood glues known to man! The saying "Drink a glass of milk to line the stomach before you go out drinking" is absolutely right. It sticks to the lining of the stomach. Yuk!

What about calcium and protein I hear you cry. Do elephants look like they are suffering? (Besides being slaughtered for their tasks that is). We are the only species to drink another animals milk that wasn't actually what nature designed for us. Cows have 4 stomachs to digest their milk.

It's not about counting how much fat is in something or working out how many calories is in it.......it's about just healthy eating! It's about choosing the healthy option. It's not about what can I eat that's bad for me but make it as healthy as I can. Diet products are unhealthier than normal stuff because they contain artificial sweetners. Personally I don't want to spend the rest of my life analysing the fat content of every packet I put in my trolley. It's about reprogramming your mind to pick out the healthy options as I wrote before.

We are the only species who analyse our food. You don't get squirrels asking how many calories in its nuts! No pun intended!!! No wonder we are a food obsessed nation, counting and analysing. Just go back to basics. If it's processed, or doesn't look anything like it did before it it was touched by humans...don't eat it!

It's all in the book Jason Vales - Freedom from the food trap. Read it- it will make you gag over the things you've been eating. He tells you the truth to whats really in your food that the food industry don't publicise. Anyone would think I owned shares in it but really it changed my life and the way I thought about food.
Elly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.