Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Need some HELLLLLP!!!!!!!

Need some HELLLLLP!!!!!!!

Old Sep 11th 2006, 9:25 am
Just Joined

geordie-gill is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Need some HELLLLLP!!!!!!!

Hi Am new, just joined today. Need loads of advise. Hope this will be the right place to come to. My hubby and myself have decided to move to either Australia or Canada. But cannot decide which. Will any one be able to tell me the pros and cons of either country? Cheers
Old Sep 11th 2006, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need some HELLLLLP!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by geordie-gill
Hi Am new, just joined today. Need loads of advise. Hope this will be the right place to come to. My hubby and myself have decided to move to either Australia or Canada. But cannot decide which. Will any one be able to tell me the pros and cons of either country? Cheers
Its your individual choice really...plus it depends what you are looking for. Have you an idea of what you are looking for already???
Old Sep 11th 2006, 9:45 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Celine Dion? She does a lot of touring.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 10:28 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Need some HELLLLLP!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Its your individual choice really...plus it depends what you are looking for. Have you an idea of what you are looking for already???

Hi
Thanks for you reply, What we are looking for? Family atmosphere, friendly people, good life for kids ( girl age 7 boy age 8). It's them we want to do this for doesn't seem much in this country anymore. No more worries. But I guess thats too much to ask for!!!

Last edited by geordie-gill; Sep 11th 2006 at 10:31 am.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

Hi
Thanks for you reply, What we are looking for? Family atmosphere, friendly people, good life for kids ( girl age 7 boy age 8). It's them we want to do this for doesn't seem much in this country anymore. N more worries. But I guess thats too much to ask for!!!
hey well if your a geordie you should come to brizzy its like the toon on a sat nite ere theres loads of us
Old Sep 11th 2006, 10:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wintersgills
hey well if your a geordie you should come to brizzy its like the toon on a sat nite ere theres loads of us
Right thats us sussed but what about for kids?
Old Sep 11th 2006, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

Right thats us sussed but what about for kids?
plenty for the kids like everywere. canada, australia ,never been to canada it is said to be great, here is too! its got to be wot you all want
Old Sep 11th 2006, 10:52 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

I have friends who live in Canada and love it. But its cold a good part of the year. I'd say Oz. But its is a personal choice. Why not have a holiday to both countries and decide or at least one?
Old Sep 11th 2006, 10:54 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gill.

Before rattling your brains comparing the two it would be wise to check on the visa situation. It would be so dissappointing to select one of them only to find you can't obtain a visa.

Or maybe you've already done that ?
Old Sep 11th 2006, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

I've heard Vancouver and most of Canada are incredible for scenery, way of life, etc but I wasn't keen (and haven't heard yet of anyone who was) on Toronto.

Again depends what you're looking for but my kid thinks Aus is "totally wicked" (been watching the Incredibles again).
Old Sep 11th 2006, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Pommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond repute

I've lived in both countries and theres something to be said for both of them.

If I were to move anywhere in Canada, it would be British Columbia.
BC has stunning scenery, the locals are very friendly and Vancouver is a great city. However it does tend to rain there a lot, almost every day betweeen October and February. Migration to Canada can take 4-5 years though.

Oz, on the other hand is great too if you you can handle the distance from Britain. So much to see and do in Oz, and migration can take 4 months if you're lucky!!!!!!!

Good luck....2 great countries.

PG
Old Sep 11th 2006, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Pommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flip
I've heard Vancouver and most of Canada are incredible for scenery, way of life, etc but I wasn't keen (and haven't heard yet of anyone who was) on Toronto.

Again depends what you're looking for but my kid thinks Aus is "totally wicked" (been watching the Incredibles again).
I agree, Toronto is just yet another planned North American city....all are variations on the same theme. Plus...cccccccoolllldddd in winter.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 11:06 am
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pommie Granite
I agree, Toronto is just yet another planned North American city....all are variations on the same theme. Plus...cccccccoolllldddd in winter.

Toronto is a fantastically multicultural city with thriving music/arts/club/gay/etc scenes. I spent some of my teenage years there and it's a great place to live IMHO. Beats the hell out of Vancouver.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Deer Hunter
Toronto is a fantastically multicultural city with thriving music/arts/club/gay/etc scenes. I spent some of my teenage years there and it's a great place to live IMHO. Beats the hell out of Vancouver.
I don't deny that its multicultural...and I too have had great times in Toronto. However, Toronto doesn't seem to be offerering much more that many other North American cities.

As for beating the hell out of Vancouver.....it's not a boxing match....just a comparison.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond repute

3 or 4 of my mates emigrated to Canada in the late 70,s early 80,s.Fitters,plumbers etc.They all stayed for 5 yrs to get Canadian nationality and then went back to geordieland,none of them have ever returned to Canada.From talking to them it seems to be the same as OZ but colder.A big crew of us ,all mixed trades, did the usual work europe/middle east/asia and then emigrated.One has stayed in Vancouver after leaving the merchant navy ,and I,m in OZ.The rest are back home.I could live in Vancouver tomorrow,nice place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.