Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Need a retaining wall built in Perth SOR

Need a retaining wall built in Perth SOR

Old Aug 2nd 2006, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

henke has a brilliant futurehenke has a brilliant futurehenke has a brilliant futurehenke has a brilliant futurehenke has a brilliant futurehenke has a brilliant future
Default Need a retaining wall built in Perth SOR

Could anyone recommend a builder to install a retaining wall in my garden?, the old cementboard fence has finally fell over and I need to get it fixed.

Finding a biulder to even return my calls, let alone come out and see the job is proving a tad difficult.

Ta,

H
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 10:17 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need a retaining wall built in Perth SOR

Originally Posted by henke
Could anyone recommend a builder to install a retaining wall in my garden?, the old cementboard fence has finally fell over and I need to get it fixed.

Finding a biulder to even return my calls, let alone come out and see the job is proving a tad difficult.

Ta,

H
Go to your local landscaping company and ask for recommendations. They are unlikely to suggest people who won't come out. They should have cards for good reliable guys.
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 10:48 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Ta,

H

Maybe, what sort of retaining wall are you wanting and how long is it. Take a picture and send to me and can give you a scary price
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 12:50 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

H
Good luck, our house needs 3 cementboard fence panels replaced, the landlord got someone in to give a quote - $2,800 if you please!
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

aussie bloke is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by renth
Good luck, our house needs 3 cementboard fence panels replaced, the landlord got someone in to give a quote - $2,800 if you please!

what a mark up !!

3 x sheets from Bunnings = $240

that's alot of labour (profit)

tools required = 1 shovel or is that a spade

try getting a handyman quote instead of a fencing contractors quote (they are flat-out with new block builds)

or I'll come around and do it for $2,799

Old Aug 3rd 2006, 2:45 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussie bloke
what a mark up !!
Welcome to Perth in 2006!

I rent, the quote was for my landlord who went into crazy Italian mode when he heard the price.
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 2:57 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

I had friends who needed a retaining wall built,they were quoted between $15k and $50k :scared:

They changed their plans on what to do with their garden.

Lynn
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

henke has a brilliant futurehenke has a brilliant futurehenke has a brilliant futurehenke has a brilliant futurehenke has a brilliant futurehenke has a brilliant future

Thanks Folks,

I'll get the tape and camera out and be in touch Siren and Brian!.

In the spirit of crazy building prices I was quoted $650 to supply and fit a garden gate!!. Gate from Bunnings was $109, a length of 3" by 1" $14, and a drill $59!!!!. Took me about 45 mins to fit.

I wonder if builders belive in Karma???
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 1:57 pm
Banned

Rug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud of

I kow of a company who have people with disabilities working there called Activ. They do great gardening work and ar pretty cheap too.
Give them a call 9443 1099
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

Northern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to all

ill be there in around 4 - 5 weeks if you can hang on m8,,,,,,,,and my tools will be on the same plane with me....
Old Aug 4th 2006, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

Thanks Folks,

I'll get the tape and camera out and be in touch Siren and Brian!.

In the spirit of crazy building prices I was quoted $650 to supply and fit a garden gate!!. Gate from Bunnings was $109, a length of 3" by 1" $14, and a drill $59!!!!. Took me about 45 mins to fit.

I wonder if builders belive in Karma???
If it's a twinside wall your after...$100/m for up to 600mm height

For Limestone block, about $35/ per block (block size 1m*.35*.35)

Plus excavation at up to $25/m
Old Aug 4th 2006, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Northern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to all

im serious im a builder coming over in 4-5 weeks and ill build you bluming wall, ffs and you can labour on me to save more of your dollers............
give me a plan of what need doing and i go from there

ta NM aka chris