Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

need to make friends

need to make friends

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

mandy1963 has a brilliant futuremandy1963 has a brilliant futuremandy1963 has a brilliant futuremandy1963 has a brilliant futuremandy1963 has a brilliant futuremandy1963 has a brilliant future
Wink need to make friends

Hi everyone,i arrived down under with my hubby and 5yr old son on the 10th July.
Would really like to meet other mums and familys to get a circle of friends together. I live in Morayfield QLD,which is northside as they say.If you would like to meet up please let me know
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 3:41 am
Just Joined

Tori is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: need to make friends

Hi Mandy,
Welcome to Brisbane,how are you finding it so far?

We are living in Narangba just down the road from you.
We have been over here for 4 years now,but 3 of those were in Sydney.Just recently bought a house here so I am also new to the area and on the look out for new friends.

We have 3 children aged 7,3 and 11 months.

Where are you from in England??

I have met a few more fellow poms around the area,maybe we can arrange a meet up one day.

Chat soon

Vicky
x
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

Chocolate_Teapot is a jewel in the roughChocolate_Teapot is a jewel in the roughChocolate_Teapot is a jewel in the roughChocolate_Teapot is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: need to make friends

Hi Guys,

It seems we are all in the same boat, we are in Dakabin (just down the road) and have been in Qld for 4 and a half years and were in Sydney before that.

Seems that lots of us are at a loose end when it comes to meeting and greeting people especially fellow poms.

We have a nearly 3 year old boy (Feb 08) and a nearly 5 year old girl (April 08).

If you are at a loose end on Saturday (I know its short notice) the wife decided to do the tupperware thing to meet people (shes a new demonstrator). PM me if you want to come along (no hard sell honest), we invited our street just to be on the safe side (not a big street mind you) as we are tired of not knowing anyone anywhere!

Oh well speak soon,

Carl, Kirsten and the little ones
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

mandy1963 has a brilliant futuremandy1963 has a brilliant futuremandy1963 has a brilliant futuremandy1963 has a brilliant futuremandy1963 has a brilliant futuremandy1963 has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: need to make friends

Originally Posted by Tori
Hi Mandy,
Welcome to Brisbane,how are you finding it so far?

We are living in Narangba just down the road from you.
We have been over here for 4 years now,but 3 of those were in Sydney.Just recently bought a house here so I am also new to the area and on the look out for new friends.

We have 3 children aged 7,3 and 11 months.

Where are you from in England??

I have met a few more fellow poms around the area,maybe we can arrange a meet up one day.

Chat soon

Vicky
x
Hi Vicky,that would be great.
We came from Maidstone in Kent in England,i hope you get this reply as i am new to this and do not know what i am doing really.
Hope you get this reply.You can email me direct on {private email address removed by mod}
look forward to hearing from you
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Red face Re: need to make friends

Originally Posted by Chocolate_Teapot
Hi Guys,

It seems we are all in the same boat, we are in Dakabin (just down the road) and have been in Qld for 4 and a half years and were in Sydney before that.

Seems that lots of us are at a loose end when it comes to meeting and greeting people especially fellow poms.

We have a nearly 3 year old boy (Feb 08) and a nearly 5 year old girl (April 08).

If you are at a loose end on Saturday (I know its short notice) the wife decided to do the tupperware thing to meet people (shes a new demonstrator). PM me if you want to come along (no hard sell honest), we invited our street just to be on the safe side (not a big street mind you) as we are tired of not knowing anyone anywhere!

Oh well speak soon,

Carl, Kirsten and the little ones
Hello everyone
Let me know the details,i would love to come along,my email address is {removed by mod}perhaps you could send me your details so we know where to come.
see you soon
Mandy
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Chocolate_Teapot is a jewel in the roughChocolate_Teapot is a jewel in the roughChocolate_Teapot is a jewel in the roughChocolate_Teapot is a jewel in the rough

Hi Mandy,

I have emailed you all the details.

See you Saturday.

Carl
Old Oct 27th 2007, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandy1963
Hi everyone,i arrived down under with my hubby and 5yr old son on the 10th July.
Would really like to meet other mums and familys to get a circle of friends together. I live in Morayfield QLD,which is northside as they say.If you would like to meet up please let me know
Hiya Mandy Ive PM'd you
Sam x
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

Swooty will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by samnsam
Hiya Mandy Ive PM'd you
Sam x
I know these posts were from a while ago now but did a search on Narangba in the Meet Ups section and this is what came up.
Just wondered if there are any meet ups arranged in the near future. We have been over for nearly 3 months now and fed up of not knowing anyone, we would love to make some friends.
We have two kids Boy nearly 3 and Girl 5 1/2.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Swooty
I know these posts were from a while ago now but did a search on Narangba in the Meet Ups section and this is what came up.
Just wondered if there are any meet ups arranged in the near future. We have been over for nearly 3 months now and fed up of not knowing anyone, we would love to make some friends.
We have two kids Boy nearly 3 and Girl 5 1/2.
Hi There,Dont come on here much anymore,i hope your enjoying Burpengary.
I am an older mum,although my husband like to think he is still in his 20s.
I am allways up for coffee and chats if that any help,our little boy is nearly 6.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

jofun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Me and my husband are in Narrangba and only just arrived at the beginning of March..we would love to meet up with some people..we have moved over from dubai...my husband from wallasey and I'm well thats a bit of a story..
would be great to make some new freinds..it seems a bit of a struggle...
If you arrange any get togethers let us..

Hope to make some new freinds soon

Jo
Old Apr 24th 2008, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jofun
Hi All

Me and my husband are in Narrangba and only just arrived at the beginning of March..we would love to meet up with some people..we have moved over from dubai...my husband from wallasey and I'm well thats a bit of a story..

Jo
Hi Jo,need to meet up so i can hear your story.If you fancy meeting for a coffee let me know,Narrangba is a nice place to live,hope your settled as your so new,did you have a good trip over ?
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

Swooty will become famous soon enough

Hi Mandy and Jofun, it would be good to meet up sometime, we have made it hard to make friends but we are going to the Narangba Tavern tonight with some friends we have made recently.

Let us know if a meet up is arranged ?
Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

jofun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mandy, Swooty

Would be great to meet up..I am still looking for work so free most of the time, just need to get my hands on my husbands car as I am still waititing for mine...I am free and with car mon/tues coming week so if you have any suggestions would be great to hear from you...perhaps we could arrange a meet up in the tavern at a later date?? We still haven't even ventured down there!

look forward to hearing from you

Jo
Old Apr 25th 2008, 6:26 am
Mav
Forum Regular

Mav is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandy1963
hi Mandy
we live on Oakey flat rd Morayfield,been here for 8 months now,pm us if you would like to pop round for a chat
Tina
Old Apr 25th 2008, 11:17 am
Just Joined

raccoon is a jewel in the roughraccoon is a jewel in the roughraccoon is a jewel in the roughraccoon is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jofun
Hi All

Jo
Hi
We too are struggling to make some friends. We would be delighted to meet up. We have a young boy of 3 and a half who would benefit from some playmates.
We arrived in North Lakes (that's near Mango Hill) on 10th April 08.
Just give us a quick email when you're ready.. good luck with everything.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Jo and Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.