Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Need Help For Tomorrow

Need Help For Tomorrow

Old Jan 2nd 2006, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all
Question Need Help For Tomorrow

Hi

Sorry left it a little late.
Got a company coming tomorrow to see about a container.
Worried about fridge freezer and the cylinder gasses at the back of it.
Can i use it the way it is.
Its only 3yrs old.

Has anyone had a a problem about fridge freezer.

If i cant take it the way it is can i change the cylinder.

To tell you the truth i really dont know what i am talking about to be honest.

Any help would be useful.

Beth
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 6:41 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice
Default Re: Need Help For Tomorrow

Originally Posted by zbettyboop
Hi

Its only 3yrs old.

Beth
Beth

Not an expert here and tried a search for you, but nothing

However, from my understanding....fridge/ freezer gases are only harmful to the environment and provided it is loaded into a container and shipped in the upright position (to avoid upsetting the gases), which I'm certain it would be, you should be OK.

Anyone able to elaborate?
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 6:48 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by zbettyboop
Hi

Its only 3yrs old.

Beth

My shipper advised against us taking ours and it was only a year old. Wasn't worth it anyway. Because of the different temperatures over there you're better off buying one there that will work to full capacity in that environment.

Old Jan 2nd 2006, 6:49 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by Welshie
My shipper advised against us taking ours and it was only a year old. Wasn't worth it anyway. Because of the different temperatures over there you're better off buying one there that will work to full capacity in that environment.

Good point Welshie!!

Had heard that myself, forgot to mention it!
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

daveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
Beth

Not an expert here and tried a search for you, but nothing

However, from my understanding....fridge/ freezer gases are only harmful to the environment and provided it is loaded into a container and shipped in the upright position (to avoid upsetting the gases), which I'm certain it would be, you should be OK.

Anyone able to elaborate?
Hiya,
a "refrigeration engineer" mate of mine moved to NSW last Feb. He recovered (emptied) the refrigerant from both his freezer and his fridge, only because he heard that you had to!!!!! I see no reason why you have to go to that extreme, as most of the air conditioning over here comes from abroad, and is pre-charged with refrigerant. A phone call to the removal company FIRST thing in the morning will put your mind at rest. All the best with your move. Thinking of shipping every thing out when we move, so would be nice if you let me know how you get on with your move.
All the best
daveandkath
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 6:53 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
Good point Welshie!!

Had heard that myself, forgot to mention it!
Thanks Rob, at least someone appreciates it!! My hubby said I was talking bollox!!

What does he know!!
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all

Originally Posted by daveandkathh
Hiya,
a "refrigeration engineer" mate of mine moved to NSW last Feb. He recovered (emptied) the refrigerant from both his freezer and his fridge, only because he heard that you had to!!!!! I see no reason why you have to go to that extreme, as most of the air conditioning over here comes from abroad, and is pre-charged with refrigerant. A phone call to the removal company FIRST thing in the morning will put your mind at rest. All the best with your move. Thinking of shipping every thing out when we move, so would be nice if you let me know how you get on with your move.
All the best
daveandkath
Thanks All

Will Let you all know what they have got to say.

daveandkath is there anything you would like me to ask.
Just let me know.

Beth