Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

need help and advice on moving to OZ

need help and advice on moving to OZ

Old Jan 27th 2010, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

chrisandelaine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need help and advice on moving to OZ

my family and I, are looking to move to OZ, but we havent a clue wur to start, visas, medical, money, applications, jobs, schools etc etc.

must lots of you on here with so much info to pass on. help help help lol.

oh my wife is a nurse and will be the main visa app. and i work for gas company as a coordinator.

thanks

chris
Old Jan 27th 2010, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

leigh-c will become famous soon enough
Default Re: need help and advice on moving to OZ

Originally Posted by chrisandelaine
my family and I, are looking to move to OZ, but we havent a clue wur to start, visas, medical, money, applications, jobs, schools etc etc.

must lots of you on here with so much info to pass on. help help help lol.

oh my wife is a nurse and will be the main visa app. and i work for gas company as a coordinator.

thanks

chris
best and first place to start is to check the Australian department of immigration and citizenship web site here http://www.immi.gov.au/ to find which visa you should apply for and all the information and conditions that go along with it,start there and anything you don't understand ask on here and someone will b sure to help ye along...
Old Jan 28th 2010, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

thanks for your reply, i have been on that site so many times and its a mine field lol.

double dutch and repeats its elf alot, we r looking for a visa that either sponsers( which we dont know how to look for ) of a visa just for skilled professional as a nurse.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 11:25 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for your reply, i have been on that site so many times and its a mine field lol.

double dutch and repeats its elf alot, we r looking for a visa that either sponsers( which we dont know how to look for ) of a visa just for skilled professional as a nurse.
With all due respect if you are baffled by www.immi.gov.au , I would suggest you speak to a registered migration agent, at least to find the best way forward.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

thanksyes i have just spoke to an agent for visas and has give me alot to think about and sort. its unbeleivable the money needed to migrate lolol never thought it would cost the cuts of £3000.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 4:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

thanksyes i have just spoke to an agent for visas and has give me alot to think about and sort. its unbeleivable the money needed to migrate lolol never thought it would cost the cuts of £3000.

It was about £4500 all told for us a family of four using an agent, but hey we have our visas.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Nurses usually get into Oz ok.

Also look at the nursing forum:-

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72

Good luck!
Old Jan 29th 2010, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Nurses usually get into Oz ok.

Also look at the nursing forum:-

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72

Good luck!

much appreciated for that Alfresco. i will check out that link you gave me.