Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

need to get to Aus

need to get to Aus

Old Jun 2nd 2003, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Jick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need to get to Aus

Can anyone pls help me either in informing me or providing me with a contact about a permanent move to Australia.

my situation is
26 years old
single
studying for microsoft certified system engineer
3 years IT support work experience
no degree

i have been in contact with various agents via the web but none can confirm if a MCSE is enough for the points. They advise to check the Australian Computer Society website and the Aussie Gov Site but I cant see any mention of it.

all advice welcome

Thanks in Advance

Jick
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 2:42 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: need to get to Aus

Jick,

I'm not sure whether you've seen the ACS guidelines for skills assessments:
http://www.acs.org.au/static/nationa...rch%202003.doc

Although I wouldn't want to be categoric on the basis of a brief posting, I would not expect you to be successful with a skills assessment application to the ACS until you have at 6 years of experience working in IT.

We will be delighted to advise more formally and to confirm our fees for a preliminary skills assessment appraisal if you want to contact me directly by email.

Best regards.

Originally posted by Jick
Can anyone pls help me either in informing me or providing me with a contact about a permanent move to Australia.

my situation is
26 years old
single
no degree

i have been in contact with various agents via the web but none can confirm if a MCSE is enough for the points. They advise to check the Australian Computer Society website and the Aussie Gov Site but I cant see any mention of it.

all advice welcome

Thanks in Advance

Jick
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

pickletheplacid is an unknown quantity at this point

my situation is
26 years old
single
no degree

all advice welcome

Thanks in Advance

Jick
The MCSE is good enough as a qualification to get an excepted ACS letter, 3 years experience is not. You need 6 years (4 if you applied end of last year.)
Choices would be -
Work here for three years then apply (you'll still be under 30 so get the full age points.)
Come up with an extra 3 years from somewhere
Apply via another route.

pickletheplacid
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Alborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to all

Jick,

Correct me if I'm wrong but you may be eliglible to apply under the "skilled dependent disabled" category.

From 1st June this year you may be awarded 90 points for a crippled limb and a further 30 points if your suckling from the teet. This would give you a total of 120 points. I may be wrong but its worth checking out!

Alborg.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

my situation is
26 years old
single
no degree

all advice welcome

Thanks in Advance

Jick
Why are you so desperate to come here son? What on earth do you think is here for a young feller like you? Leave Oz and NZ to those whose lives are over not just starting.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 10:02 am
Just Joined

Jick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Wilf
Why are you so desperate to come here son? What on earth do you think is here for a young feller like you? Leave Oz and NZ to those whose lives are over not just starting.

have lived previously in both countries and a few others and never felt more comfortable and at home, love the people, the land and the lifestyle (and the beer..joke) especially in aus

why does anyone want to migrate ? travel? plus at the current rate I wont be able to qualify until I am over 30

sorry you feel that way,,,,,all the best