Reload this Page >

need to find a good Hairdresser

need to find a good Hairdresser

Old Jul 17th 2009, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

lizasi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need to find a good Hairdresser

Hi all

Yes I'm on the hunt for a good uk hairdresser!!!!

We've been here for 2 years now, and I've just had another crap (thats the nice way to put it) hair cut. I wouldn't mind if it had been cheap but it wasn't...lol

I'm north of Brisbane, Narangba near North Lakes. So if any of you know a good one or are one, I would love to hear from you.

cheers liza
Old Jul 17th 2009, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Berkshire, UK for now... flying to Brisbane 11th June!
Jane and Jason has a spectacular aura aboutJane and Jason has a spectacular aura aboutJane and Jason has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: need to find a good Hairdresser

Hi

This one was recommended on another expats site, sounds like it is near to you.

Leonie at Hair with Attitude 5/12 North Lakes Drive, North Lakes tel 3482 2500
Old Jul 17th 2009, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers for that I'll go and have a look.......liza
Old Jul 17th 2009, 9:37 pm
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lizasi
Hi all

We've been here for 2 years now, and I've just had another crap (thats the nice way to put it) hair cut. I wouldn't mind if it had been cheap but it wasn't...lol

I'm north of Brisbane, Narangba near North Lakes. So if any of you know a good one or are one, I would love to hear from you.

cheers liza
Wots the going rate for a cut then? Or do you have the works
Old Jul 18th 2009, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jasonlec
Wots the going rate for a cut then? Or do you have the works
Hi there....I have paid from $170 for a full head of highlights,cut and blow dry. This time I paid $210 for half a head of highlights and a crap cut, and she used the irons on it. So am not a happy bunny!!!!!

Thats why I'm missing my old hairdresser and what a new english one.....

liza
Old Jul 18th 2009, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there....I have paid from $170 for a full head of highlights,cut and blow dry. This time I paid $210 for half a head of highlights and a crap cut, and she used the irons on it. So am not a happy bunny!!!!!

liza
Last week I had half head highlights,wash,cut blowdry and irons.Should have been $116 but got it half price because the girl was training.Its the nicest haircut I ve had in three years.I would have been quiet happy to have paid full price but I didnt.Spent the money on shampoo.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 6:53 am
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point

liza
This sounds like good news, for us any-how, my wife is a hair stylist here in the uk and we are heading over soon, must be plenty of work about for the right person.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 7:09 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

cheers liza
You seem to think that if you get a haircut by someone from the UK that will guarantee it to be good...there are good and bad hairdresssers the world over. Being from the UK doesn't mean they'll be any better than anyone else.

I've had good and crap haircuts from UK & Aussie hairdressers alike. For the record, the hairdresser I have now is the best I think I've ever had...I'm on the sunshine coast though so prob no good for you....and she's an aussie!

Hope you find yourself a good hairdresser soon...but please don't assume all hairdressers that don't come from the uk aren't any good.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by artep
You seem to think that if you get a haircut by someone from the UK that will guarantee it to be good...there are good and bad hairdresssers the world over. Being from the UK doesn't mean they'll be any better than anyone else.

I've had good and crap haircuts from UK & Aussie hairdressers alike. For the record, the hairdresser I have now is the best I think I've ever had...I'm on the sunshine coast though so prob no good for you....and she's an aussie!

Hope you find yourself a good hairdresser soon...but please don't assume all hairdressers that don't come from the uk aren't any good.
can anyone recomend a good hairdresser near Erina , Gosford central coast NSW
Janet
Old Jul 18th 2009, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=artep;7763019]You seem to think that if you get a haircut by someone from the UK that will guarantee it to be good...there are good and bad hairdressers the world over. Being from the UK doesn't mean they'll be any better than anyone else.

Hope you find yourself a good hairdresser soon...but please don't assume all hairdressers that don't come from the uk aren't any good.[/QUOT

I know there is good and bad from the uk and the world over, but I have never had a bad haircut in the UK. I've had my hair cut here a few times now and one girl was really good and she was aussie, but they always seem to move on over here....Then your back to finding a new good one again.I'm not the only person that thinks like I do most of my aussie friends do as well...

I think you've been really lucky to find someone you like, I wouldn't mind knowing where you go as my Mum lives up where you are and she is still looking for a good hairdresser as well. liza
Old Jul 18th 2009, 10:13 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Liza
I go to Kylie at 7th Heaven Day Spa on Brisbane road in mooloolaba. She has done a fab job of mine & my daughters hair since day 1. I wouldn't go anywhere else. I'm an ex hairdresser myself so know a good one when I find one.

Maybe you should pay her a visit next time you visit your mum!
Old Jul 18th 2009, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by artep
Hi Liza
I go to Kylie at 7th Heaven Day Spa on Brisbane road in mooloolaba. She has done a fab job of mine & my daughters hair since day 1. I wouldn't go anywhere else. I'm an ex hairdresser myself so know a good one when I find one.

Maybe you should pay her a visit next time you visit your mum!
Thanks for that, as you I did my training as a hairdresser, many moons ago now......I'll let my mum know about that one as well..

Cheers Liza
Old Jul 18th 2009, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud of

Nowhere near you but I highly recommend my hairdresser in Toowong. She's from Scotland and since discovering her three haircuts ago, she has been consistently excellent. Expensive but no more expensive than I have paid for the past 4 years here and just so worth it.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Brisbane bound
Nowhere near you but I highly recommend my hairdresser in Toowong. She's from Scotland and since discovering her three haircuts ago, she has been consistently excellent. Expensive but no more expensive than I have paid for the past 4 years here and just so worth it.
cheers for that, it may not help me but I'm sure it will help someone.......

Liza