Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Need appliance repair - Bayside, Brisbane

Need appliance repair - Bayside, Brisbane

Old May 25th 2010, 4:31 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Need appliance repair - Bayside, Brisbane

I need to find a company that deals with appliance repair in the Bayside area. My dishwasher (Electrolux - Dishlex) has stopped heated the water and as a result doesn't work 100% and doesn't actually dry the dishes.

Does anyone know of a person or company who can repair dishwasher? I'm certain it needs a new heating element or something.

Also, does anyone have a ballpark figure of how much it might cost? I'm just wondering if it is worth fixing or would it make more sense to buy a new one. Unfortunately we're in the process of selling the house so we won't be here in another couple of months, so would like the cheapest option.
Old May 25th 2010, 11:16 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Need appliance repair - Bayside, Brisbane

You would be looking at about $100 just for the element, then $100+ for labour plus anything else.

Try to get a 'free' ball park quote from Advance Appliance Repairs, Capalaba, 3245 5711.

A new one could be $439 (Midea Dishwasher WQP12-9240A).
Plenty good enough for leaving in the house when you move out.

Old May 25th 2010, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Cant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really nice

Whats the model?

I'm not in your area but I am a white goods engineer.
Old May 25th 2010, 12:17 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Excellent, thanks!
Old May 25th 2010, 12:26 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Cant rain all the time2
Whats the model?

While you are about then...

How about an Ignis Fridge/Freezer [6ARG439W] that just died, still has power for the lights but nothing happening anywhere else.
It is destined for the tip very soon, unless miracles happen

I have a phone number for someone who collects old white goods for free, saves paying to get it taken away

Old May 25th 2010, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Cant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really nice

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
While you are about then...

How about an Ignis Fridge/Freezer [6ARG439W] that just died, still has power for the lights but nothing happening anywhere else.
It is destined for the tip very soon, unless miracles happen

I have a phone number for someone who collects old white goods for free, saves paying to get it taken away
Not quite that simple, if it's frost free it could be almost anything, if it's a conventional fridge then probably just the thermostat.
Old May 25th 2010, 1:20 pm
ABCDiamond

Not quite that simple, if it's frost free it could be almost anything, if it's a conventional fridge then probably just the thermostat.
It's frost free. It's been the spare fridge in the garage for 5 years. I am feeling it isn't really worth spending on trying to get it repaired.

Old May 25th 2010, 9:46 pm
Canuck/Aussie

Whats the model?

Sorry, missed your reply last night. Our dishwasher is an Electrolux, Dishlex. On the side of the door there's a sticker and the the Model # on it is DX302WB*01. Basically we noticed the problem because the dishes stopped drying and it wasn't washing 100% either. Then we clued in that there really was no heat at all happening.
It's frost free. It's been the spare fridge in the garage for 5 years. I am feeling it isn't really worth spending on trying to get it repaired.
There's used fridges in our paper every week. I'm sure you can pick up a cheap one. I also see them on Freecycle every now and then, although I'm not sure I'd go that route for one myself. Alternatively we'll be selling ours when we leave, it's only 3 years old, but we won't be going until the end of July.
Old May 26th 2010, 7:23 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by comet555
There's used fridges in our paper every week. I'm sure you can pick up a cheap one. I also see them on Freecycle every now and then, although I'm not sure I'd go that route for one myself. Alternatively we'll be selling ours when we leave, it's only 3 years old, but we won't be going until the end of July.
I may just take you up on that... There is no real urgency, other than for next weekend and my wifes birthday party with about 40 people here .... ooops

I am wary about buying second hand as most people have a reason for getting rid of things, yours is the best and safest reason for a buyer

Old May 26th 2010, 7:48 am
Canuck/Aussie

I may just take you up on that... There is no real urgency, other than for next weekend and my wifes birthday party with about 40 people here .... ooops

I am wary about buying second hand as most people have a reason for getting rid of things, yours is the best and safest reason for a buyer
Cool, I'll make a note on my spreadsheet (with all of our furniture & things) just in case you're interested when the time comes.

We're only shipping back a few boxes so will be selling everything. So if you know of anyone that will need any household things let me know (available end of July of course!).
Old May 26th 2010, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Well where's the invite for all us BE ers then!?

Love

Rudi
x