Need Advice

Old Sep 20th 2005, 8:32 am
Just Joined

milo678 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Advice on rsms sponsership

Can anybody tell me, we are currently on a rsms visa have now been here on this visa for 6 months, my hubby has been offered another job much more money better conditons the list goes on, its still in the same profession (sparky) would he have to get the new employer to take over his sponser or can we speak to Dimia about changing jobs.
I have email them but have not had any reply.

Thanks for anyones help.

Last edited by milo678; Sep 20th 2005 at 8:41 am.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 8:42 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Advice on rsms sponsership

Originally Posted by milo678
Can anybody tell me, we are currently on a rsms visa have now been here on this visa for 6 months, my hubby has been offered another job much more money better conditons the list goes on, its still in the same profession (sparky) would he have to get the new employer to take over his sponser or can we speak to Dimia about changing jobs.

Thanks for anyones help.
Im pretty sure you have to stick it out for the term of the rsms, but should think if you stay in the same state, in same profession you would be ok.

Best speak to DIMIA
Old Sep 20th 2005, 9:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Im pretty sure you have to stick it out for the term of the rsms, but should think if you stay in the same state, in same profession you would be ok.

Best speak to DIMIA
Cheers Matey,

still waiting for a reply from Dimia.

but thanks
Old Sep 20th 2005, 12:28 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milo678

Thanks for anyones help.
He's a permanent resident so he doesn't have a 'sponsorship'.

With RSMS the visa is liable to cancellation under s137Q of the Migration Act if he doesn't make a "genuine effort" to complete 2 years with the employer:
http://scaleplus.law.gov.au/html/pas...0/PA002260.htm

He needs to get professional assistance if he wants to consider this option further, as there are DIMIA policies and regulations underlying this part of the Act. He should make sure he chooses an agent/lawyer who knows about RSMS as not all do. And he'll need to pay for such advice.

Jeremy
Old Sep 20th 2005, 12:33 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
He's a permanent resident so he doesn't have a 'sponsorship'.

With RSMS the visa is liable to cancellation under s137Q of the Migration Act if he doesn't make a "genuine effort" to complete 2 years with the employer:
http://scaleplus.law.gov.au/html/pas...0/PA002260.htm

He needs to get professional assistance if he wants to consider this option further, as there are DIMIA policies and regulations underlying this part of the Act. He should make sure he chooses an agent/lawyer who knows about RSMS as not all do. And he'll need to pay for such advice.

Jeremy
thats what i said sorta LMAO
Old Sep 20th 2005, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
thats what i said sorta LMAO
Thanks Jaj,

We are just glad to be here so if we are prepared to do the 2 years, but was just enquiring as the job hubby has been offered it a really good life long job, company who he is on rsms with is a small firm just really see a better career change but lifes not that simple.

Take care and thanks for your reply.