Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

In Need Of Adult Conversation

In Need Of Adult Conversation

Old Feb 25th 2005, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

wezzer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default In Need Of Adult Conversation

we just got back from the uk.it was great to see family,friends. but because i had to have some tests at the local hospital i didnt make it back for the sydney meet on the 20th feb. we have been in sydney for 5months and i havent meet any brits.so this meet was a way for me to make new friends.
befor i went to the uk i watched the australian tv, and watched the same programes over and over again .what a load of old ---- i thought.
so now haveing been back in oz for less then a week. why does it look more appealing.its because im soooooo board i know i sound like my 9 year old son but im soooooooo board. i dont know anyone here .the local school is full of mums but they dont talk or at least not to me. maybe i look strange to them, what ever it is, im in need of adult conversation. so if anyone can tell me how to meet up with other brits in the area, just to natter, or go shoping, or anything other then watching the weather channel (609 on foxtail, for those who dont know ) or if you are going just as mad as me,and live in the sydney area ,please please get in touch and save me from alife of madness.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 1:25 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In Need Of Adult Conversation

Cheer up, please

There are loads of people on here who are in Sydney. What area do you live in - i'm no help cos i'm in uk and have never been to Sydney but those that are will be more use if they are easily accessible

Are there any clubs around you could join - gym, walking, book, swim etc etc. How about finding out about a college course.

Apart from that, there is always BE, always someone here to natter to even if some of us are in very cold and grey UK
Old Feb 25th 2005, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Red face Re: In Need Of Adult Conversation

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Cheer up, please

There are loads of people on here who are in Sydney. What area do you live in - i'm no help cos i'm in uk and have never been to Sydney but those that are will be more use if they are easily accessible

Are there any clubs around you could join - gym, walking, book, swim etc etc. How about finding out about a college course.

Apart from that, there is always BE, always someone here to natter to even if some of us are in very cold and grey UK

ah thats made me feel better,even if the uk is cold /grey.most of my best friends are still there.a club or course sounds good,but not sure if sydney do the part time courses like the uk does.but you have give me food for thought
thanks for careing
Old Feb 25th 2005, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

suzysu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I'm in Sydney and if you want to meet up that would be good. Maybe we should arrange a girls night out in sydney like the brissie girls do, they always seem to have a scream.
It is really hard leaving your friends and family in the uk, thats been the downsider for me too, but living here has defintely got to top everything, i still feel like im living in a dream.

You can pm me if you want to

su
Old Feb 25th 2005, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by suzysu
Hi there,

I'm in Sydney and if you want to meet up that would be good. Maybe we should arrange a girls night out in sydney like the brissie girls do, they always seem to have a scream.
It is really hard leaving your friends and family in the uk, thats been the downsider for me too, but living here has defintely got to top everything, i still feel like im living in a dream.

You can pm me if you want to

su
ooh you saved my mind .that sounds great i live in the city liverpool st. i would love to meet up. i like sydney and i love the warm climate.just dont like the boardom.i have a big family in the uk.so moveing far away from them is hard .so yes i would love to meet up.you say when and where.the more the merrya. i can now go to sleep knowing there are others out there who care.
now im just getting dramatic....i will pm you in the morning. thanks
Old Feb 25th 2005, 2:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wezzer
ooh you saved my mind .that sounds great i live in the city liverpool st. i would love to meet up. i like sydney and i love the warm climate.just dont like the boardom.i have a big family in the uk.so moveing far away from them is hard .so yes i would love to meet up.you say when and where.the more the merrya. i can now go to sleep knowing there are others out there who care.
As one of the mainstays of the Brissie Drinking Girls, can I say - one of the best things that you could do down in Sydney is establish a similar thing. we don't all get there each time, and people drop in, then move in,but they seem to know that we are there, and we are all capable of listening/sharing/being mates.
The Brissie Girls have saved my sanity more than once, and I know others feel the same. We aren't all Brits - there are Aussies and a Swiss girl there too. we just find that Expats is a way of making and keeping in touch wih mates, and that is soooo important when you move. And the one thing you leave the evening with is - a feeling that everyone there CARES. Cos they understand.

Someone nominate a pub in Sydney, and go for it girls - have a laugh, have a moan, have a drink, and just enjoy making some new friends
Old Feb 25th 2005, 2:55 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Someone nominate a pub in Sydney, and go for it girls - have a laugh, have a moan, have a drink, and just enjoy making some new friends
Please take up Pollyana's suggestion!

Our visas were granted about 6 weeks ago and we will be Sydney bound as soon as the bl**dy house sells. Would be a real comfort to know that there was a crowd of similarly minded people out there just waiting for me to join!

Let me know how it all goes and leave room for me!

Binbird
Old Feb 25th 2005, 7:41 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

listen to the girls here.
they are giving u great ideas. if u want to start a meet just post 'girls night out' or 'sydney meet' thread. keep pushing for it. people will come if u try to keep the thread near the top.
i would love to go to the girls night out thing, but im not a girl, but i could be the stripper
give it a couple of weeks to build up so u can get a few people. while waiting on the night out u can set a date for a coffe morning in the week.
i feel for u that u missed the last meet, it really does make u feel a bit better seeing others. keep ur chin up and get a meet sorted.
build it and they will come
Old Feb 25th 2005, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Hi Wezzer, this sounds like a really good idea, all being well subject to a house sale hope to be in the Sydney area later this year. would be fab to have some ex-pat friends to meet for boozy night!!

as already said there's always someone on here you can chat with, but does not deal with the loss of things we now take for granted- popping down to friends for a coffee, meeting friends in town.

few social events might do the trick whilst building your social life.

Take care

Chris

ps would def be up for coffee when we get there!
Old Feb 25th 2005, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
As one of the mainstays of the Brissie Drinking Girls, can I say - one of the best things that you could do down in Sydney is establish a similar thing. we don't all get there each time, and people drop in, then move in,but they seem to know that we are there, and we are all capable of listening/sharing/being mates.
The Brissie Girls have saved my sanity more than once, and I know others feel the same. We aren't all Brits - there are Aussies and a Swiss girl there too. we just find that Expats is a way of making and keeping in touch wih mates, and that is soooo important when you move. And the one thing you leave the evening with is - a feeling that everyone there CARES. Cos they understand.

thanks for that,suzysu suggested the same thing so maybe we can setup the same here,sure dosnt have to be just brits,anyone any age,just as long as its fun,ooh i do feel that maybe the weather channel may not be calling after all.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
Hi Wezzer, this sounds like a really good idea, all being well subject to a house sale hope to be in the Sydney area later this year. would be fab to have some ex-pat friends to meet for boozy night!!

as already said there's always someone on here you can chat with, but does not deal with the loss of things we now take for granted- popping down to friends for a coffee, meeting friends in town.

few social events might do the trick whilst building your social life.

Take care

Chris

ps would def be up for coffee when we get there!
yes that sounds great.the more the merrya,hope your house sales soon.
untill then will chat on the site
wezzer
Old Feb 25th 2005, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by soapy
listen to the girls here.
they are giving u great ideas. if u want to start a meet just post 'girls night out' or 'sydney meet' thread. keep pushing for it. people will come if u try to keep the thread near the top.
i would love to go to the girls night out thing, but im not a girl, but i could be the stripper
give it a couple of weeks to build up so u can get a few people. while waiting on the night out u can set a date for a coffe morning in the week.
i feel for u that u missed the last meet, it really does make u feel a bit better seeing others. keep ur chin up and get a meet sorted.
build it and they will come
that a shame,you could always put on a wig from paddys market,you would be more than welcom thanksfor addvice.will post on board
Old Feb 26th 2005, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by binbird
Please take up Pollyana's suggestion!

Our visas were granted about 6 weeks ago and we will be Sydney bound as soon as the bl**dy house sells. Would be a real comfort to know that there was a crowd of similarly minded people out there just waiting for me to join!

Let me know how it all goes and leave room for me!

Binbird
will make enough room thats for sure.will post some info on site,then see if anyone up for a girls get togeather,be it for coffee with the kids, or girls nite out,im up for it. hope your house sale is soon. untill then can chat on the site
thanks we zzer
Old Feb 26th 2005, 12:32 am
rudo1ph

Hi Wezzer

Where in Sydney are you?

Rudi

Old Feb 26th 2005, 5:15 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

that a shame,you could always put on a wig from paddys market,you would be more than welcom thanksfor addvice.will post on board
ive started a thread for u. good idea about the wig, what shade and does my arse look big in this?
thats it im ready for the girls night out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.