Nearly there

Old Oct 2nd 2012, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Betty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nearly there

So I am sat here amidst lots of boxes whilst the packers finish up. We leave Lancashire for Perth tomorrow and I feel sick with nerves I have been a wreck most of the week and this morning dropping the kids off at school for the last time was horrendous - it is so embarrassing to be so emotional and everyone is asking if I really want to leave Kids and husband are absolutely fine and cant wait to go - I just hope I feel that way when I get to the airport Hoping this is just last minute nerves kicking in. We have lived in Perth and know what we are heading to, don't know if that makes it worse or not

Anyway, please, please tell me this is all very normal and I will be OK soon
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Nearly there

Just nerves..
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 10:50 pm
CHC-MEL commute since 91

derab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud of

You will probably go from this to "disconnected" during the flight and for the first few weeks, then your container will arrive and that smile will hit your face when you open that last box in your new place in Perth.
Relax.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, all very normal. We went through it all in April 2011, boxes everywhere, last days at work, sons last days at nursery and saying goodbye to everyone, it is a very emotional time.

Give yourself a chance to settle when you arrive. After all the mayhem of finishing up in the UK years and months working towards this goal it can be difficult when you sit down after a few weeks in Australia and not have as much to do.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 7:19 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck. I'm sure it's normal to feel sick at the thought of it but just remember life is an adventure!
Old Oct 4th 2012, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Betty Boot
So I am sat here amidst lots of boxes whilst the packers finish up. We leave Lancashire for Perth tomorrow and I feel sick with nerves I have been a wreck most of the week and this morning dropping the kids off at school for the last time was horrendous - it is so embarrassing to be so emotional and everyone is asking if I really want to leave Kids and husband are absolutely fine and cant wait to go - I just hope I feel that way when I get to the airport Hoping this is just last minute nerves kicking in. We have lived in Perth and know what we are heading to, don't know if that makes it worse or not

Anyway, please, please tell me this is all very normal and I will be OK soon

It's all very normal. You'll be OK soon.

Are you here yet?