Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

National Parks & State Forests worth visiting around S.E. Qld

National Parks & State Forests worth visiting around S.E. Qld

Old Mar 15th 2005, 3:38 pm
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about
Default National Parks & State Forests worth visiting around S.E. Qld

Here is a list of national parks and state forests that I am keen to visit again when Hubby and I back in Southernish Qld next month for our return 'home'. Although it will take us a good many weekends to visit all the NP's again!!

Mt Tambourine, Natural Bridge & Springbrook area
Lamington and O'Reilly's and the Border Ranges region
Cunninghams Gap, Mt Barney, Border Ranges & Goomburra State Forest
Crowsnest National Park
Bunya Mountains
Noosa National Park
Straddie (Stradbroke) and Moreton Islands
Glasshouse Mountains
Numinbah State Forest
Girraween & Stanthorpe region (and across the border to Bald Rock N.P)
Moogerah
Ravensborne NP
Cania Gorge...

might be easier if interested peoples look at this website: http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/parks_and_...parks/forests/

I'm itching to go bushwalking.. and to just sit and listen to the sounds of proper birds.. and the wonderful smell of the Australian forest... really miss that
Old Mar 15th 2005, 3:43 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: National Parks & State Forests worth visiting around S.E. Qld

Originally Posted by Brissiegirl
Here is a list of national parks and state forests that I am keen to visit again when Hubby and I back in Southernish Qld next month for our return 'home'. Although it will take us a good many weekends to visit all the NP's again!!

Mt Tambourine, Natural Bridge & Springbrook area
Lamington and O'Reilly's and the Border Ranges region
Cunninghams Gap, Mt Barney, Border Ranges & Goomburra State Forest
Crowsnest National Park
Bunya Mountains
Noosa National Park
Straddie (Stradbroke) and Moreton Islands
Glasshouse Mountains
Numinbah State Forest
Girraween & Stanthorpe region (and across the border to Bald Rock N.P)
Moogerah
Ravensborne NP
Cania Gorge...

might be easier if interested peoples look at this website: http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/parks_and_...parks/forests/

I'm itching to go bushwalking.. and to just sit and listen to the sounds of proper birds.. and the wonderful smell of the Australian forest... really miss that
Oh god how i know exactly what you mean - to go walking thru the rain forest on Tamborine..... bliss"
Old Mar 15th 2005, 3:46 pm
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: National Parks & State Forests worth visiting around S.E. Qld

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Oh god how i know exactly what you mean - to go walking thru the rain forest on Tamborine..... bliss"
I find it really peaceful to walk through a nice bit of forest... particularly if the only sounds that can be heard are that of nature.. fabulous...