Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

national homebuyers

national homebuyers

Old Mar 4th 2006, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute
Default national homebuyers

hi
has anyone dealt with national home buyers or similar company? they value your house and put in a below market offer. i wandered if any one had experience of how low in percentage terms the may offer.
cheers, Dom
Old Mar 4th 2006, 2:37 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: national homebuyers

Originally Posted by don544
hi
has anyone dealt with national home buyers or similar company? they value your house and put in a below market offer. i wandered if any one had experience of how low in percentage terms the may offer.
cheers, Dom
Dont even bother! Our house is valued at £94K & they offered us £65K!!!!!!!!
Same goes for www.a-quick-sale.co.uk

I know other BE members had similar experiences - PM Rooksie!
Old Mar 4th 2006, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Dont even bother! Our house is valued at £94K & they offered us £65K!!!!!!!!
Same goes for www.a-quick-sale.co.uk

I know other BE members had similar experiences - PM Rooksie!
thanks for that, i thought it would be a low offer, but thats taking the p**s!
all the best, dom
Old Mar 4th 2006, 2:43 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for that, i thought it would be a low offer, but thats taking the p**s!
all the best, dom

yup!! they offered us in the region of £130k and we were on the market at £187k!!

WTF????
Old Mar 4th 2006, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rooksie
yup!! they offered us in the region of £130k and we were on the market at £187k!!

WTF????
cheers rooksie, think i will give them a miss!
dom
Old Mar 4th 2006, 4:52 pm
Warrington Cheshire

Need 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really nice

Hello - my friend signed up with a company like this, it turns out that when she signed the contract, they acted like an estate agent and she ended up in the same situation she would have done if she would have put on the market :scared: they do a bridge type purchase which holds them over till they sell it themselves. Yes they do have buyers as they are selling cheaper, as the houses are bought cheaper.

B WARE!
angela
Old Mar 4th 2006, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

I would say don't bother. Check out this thread from money saving expert's forums which discusses them and experiences of people using them.
Old Mar 5th 2006, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

thanks all above.
will NOT be using home buyers!! just have to hope a buyer comes along.
cheers,dom
Old Mar 6th 2006, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

highboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant future

thanks all above.
cheers,dom
If you are thinking about using the homebuyer site's that offer on average 30% off the asking price, why not just drop the current asking 15% with your EA and i am sure the place will be snapped up.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks all above.
cheers,dom
We've just dropped our asking price by £2k today. Hopefully someone will want to buy it now it's less than £95k.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

highboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by WendyC
We've just dropped our asking price by £2k today. Hopefully someone will want to buy it now it's less than £95k.
£2k is a small drop if somebody was not interested in £97k i am sure that it being £95k won't help much, reading lots of other posts on here it is best to do 1 big cut (10%+) and get it sold rather that lots of little cuts that keep the house on the market for months and months and months.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by highboy
£2k is a small drop if somebody was not interested in £97k i am sure that it being £95k won't help much, reading lots of other posts on here it is best to do 1 big cut (10%+) and get it sold rather that lots of little cuts that keep the house on the market for months and months and months.
Ours is the only3 bed house in the area selling at less than £115k. Unless you count the flats down the road that is. So I'd say £20k less than everyone else is quite a good price.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

Ours is the only3 bed house in the area selling at less than £115k. Unless you count the flats down the road that is. So I'd say £20k less than everyone else is quite a good price.
Why hasn't it sold then, there must be a reason? Is it on the net, post a link to it.

Last edited by highboy; Mar 6th 2006 at 12:54 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by highboy
Why hasn't it sold then, there must be a reason?

Well I'm blaming the estate agent here as I haven't even had a vieing for two weeks. We registered with them on Jan 24th, we got a sign put up on 15th Feb ( 3 weeks and 5 phone calls later ). They got the details on the Ad wrong, so that had to be redone which took another 2 weeks (how hard is it to retype on a PC??). The first week we were advertised without a picture, the second week we got 3 viewings, 2 had already bought something else Last week there was NO ad at all in the paper, not just of my house but NONE at all.

We thought by putting it in at less than £100k we would attract some viewers at least, the reason we've dropped £2k is just so that we can advertise as being reduced. Hopefully it will work. I have told the Estate agent that if we don't have any interest in the next two weeks we will be withdrawing it from their office and going somewhere more central.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Well I'm blaming the estate agent here as I haven't even had a vieing for two weeks. We registered with them on Jan 24th, we got a sign put up on 15th Feb ( 3 weeks and 5 phone calls later ). They got the details on the Ad wrong, so that had to be redone which took another 2 weeks (how hard is it to retype on a PC??). The first week we were advertised without a picture, the second week we got 3 viewings, 2 had already bought something else Last week there was NO ad at all in the paper, not just of my house but NONE at all.

We thought by putting it in at less than £100k we would attract some viewers at least, the reason we've dropped £2k is just so that we can advertise as being reduced. Hopefully it will work. I have told the Estate agent that if we don't have any interest in the next two weeks we will be withdrawing it from their office and going somewhere more central.
£100k for a 3 bed sounds cheap, where in the Uk is it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.