Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A nation of Alcos?

A nation of Alcos?

Old Mar 24th 2005, 2:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A nation of Alcos?

Originally Posted by NJJ
I have a 2003 Lonely Planet guide which states that according to the United Nations Food & Agriculture Organisation the order of worldwide ranking of consumption of alcohol (per capita I presume) is as follows:

1/ South Korea
2/ Bahamas
3/ Taiwan
4/ Bermuda
5/ Thailand
6/ Portugal
7/ Ireland
8/ France
Hey!!! Wheres Luxembourg on that list Every other list I can find, Luxembourgs at the top.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Mar 24th 2005, 2:28 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh, so I wasn't correct at all when I thought... "a western world full of alcos"
It's the whole world after all!

Brian, if it was number of drinks per day, then yeah, you'd do fine. It's litres per year... I think you'll go over!
Old Mar 24th 2005, 3:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
Ahh, so I wasn't correct at all when I thought... "a western world full of alcos"
It's the whole world after all!

Brian, if it was number of drinks per day, then yeah, you'd do fine. It's litres per year... I think you'll go over!

Is there a luxembourg forum?

Or are they all to pisshed to type

Cheers,
JTL
Old Mar 25th 2005, 12:26 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
The biggest wussies are americans. They talk the talk, but they go all coy and girlie when the have to walk the walk.

Funniest story was in Boston I bought a 6 pack of budweiser (thats 6 ordinary sized bottles of beer, say 350ml). The shop attendant asked me if I was having a party. I said no, I was going back to my hotel room and knock back these six and then go to a bar. He was shocked. . I think he was on the verge of calling the police, or Alcoholics anonymous.

And all this nonsense about having to put beer in a brown paper bag, so people can't see its beer.

Wussies I tell ya,

Cheers,
JTL

We've got the wife's cousin over from Toronto, Canada at the moment (he emigrated there 15 years ago). From what he's told me it would appear that the Canadians are as poor as the yanks in the beer stakes. He says that if you are in a bar and just ask for "beer" they will assume that you want a small glass of light beer as this is what most poeple order. If you want the full strength beer you have to specify exactly what you want. It seems that they don't sell much of the stronger beers, mainly the light stuff, well where he lives in Toronto at least.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 12:31 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Hey!!! Wheres Luxembourg on that list Every other list I can find, Luxembourgs at the top.

Cheers,
JTL

Don't know where that fits in to the list I got that list from the Lonely Planet Thailand book as it was highlighting that the Thais have a bit of a drinking culture as they are near the top of the list.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 1:25 am
Badge

Originally Posted by NJJ
Don't know where that fits in to the list I got that list from the Lonely Planet Thailand book as it was highlighting that the Thais have a bit of a drinking culture as they are near the top of the list.
Luxembourg was the only place I have ever drink drive - and I am not proud of it.

I also find the Yanks very naive - young Yank blokes love to pretend they're piss heads, they're the first to get all "fratty" and start drinking games they are guaranteed to lose. They don't know how to have a quiet 5 pint little session.

I can't stand whiskey either, it makes me gag.

Badge

Old Mar 25th 2005, 9:45 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Badge
Luxembourg was the only place I have ever drink drive - and I am not proud of it.

Badge
you sound like a true chinaman