Narangba

Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Narangba

Here I go again, I'm still considering my options where areas are concerned and have been looking at Narangba. I really like the look of it and the house prices seem more affordable.

Does anybody have any info on the area and what the state high school is like?

I have a 16 year old girl and a boy of 12 (nearly!) what is there for them to do apart from bmx track, skate park and library?

5 weeks to go and I still don't really have any definite plans as to where we are going but best to have different options I think .
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:58 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Narangba

Gday,
No idea about the Schooling.

But its a lovely area, close proximity to Morayfield, and views north to the Glass House Mountains.

There are some lovely homes in Narangba, and as they are generally on larger blocks than brizzy residential allotments, plus the huge North lakes project.. I am sure prices will steadily increase.

I drive thru Narangba very regularly to goto work in Morayfield, which is expanding like everywhere else in or nr Brisbane.

I also know that there are a lot of expats in Narangba, so its a darn good choice, and with kids aged 16+ the closeness of Morayfield, etc makes it a good choice , IMHO>

steve
Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Gday,
No idea about the Schooling.

But its a lovely area, close proximity to Morayfield, and views north to the Glass House Mountains.

There are some lovely homes in Narangba, and as they are generally on larger blocks than brizzy residential allotments, plus the huge North lakes project.. I am sure prices will steadily increase.

I drive thru Narangba very regularly to goto work in Morayfield, which is expanding like everywhere else in or nr Brisbane.

I also know that there are a lot of expats in Narangba, so its a darn good choice, and with kids aged 16+ the closeness of Morayfield, etc makes it a good choice , IMHO>

steve
Thanks Steve, we are giving this place serious consideration at the moment. Both of the kids like the sound of it too, every other area we've considered there's always been someone not too keen.

I have a job in the city and reckon it would be about 45 minutes each way, I'm a nurse so wont be going in rush hour. Is this a realistic time scale?
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:02 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

No its not really very realistic Tracy

However I am not sure what you call , Not in Rush Hour.

Heading from Narangba, which in honesty suffers from Burpengary Syndrome. Tune into Triple M in Brizzy, every morning and you will hear of snarl ups at Mango Hill, MorayField Sandgate Nudgee etc etc .. all the way into the city.

I would allow, if you are leaving at say 7.00am-8.00am at least 60-75 minutes, travelling time into the city. Possibly more, and be aware that when its a go slow on the Bruce its a go slow.. I would guess you will drive down the M1, onto the Gympie Rd I think its called, ( where the motorway branches to the Gateway ) and head into the city this way, its a bloody long slogg.

However, if you leave at 5.30 to 6.00 am the journey could be somewhat faster. The issue is, in Narangba ( and I live in Dayboro ) so we are or would be kinda neighbours, ... anyway.. In Narangba, you only really have one choice to go South. And the M1 is chockkablokk every morning.

It may prove wiser, to hop onto the train at the station in Narangba, at the main intersection... of ( old Narangba ) and choo choo it into the city, by far a faster method.

Steve
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

Chocolate_Teapot is a jewel in the roughChocolate_Teapot is a jewel in the roughChocolate_Teapot is a jewel in the roughChocolate_Teapot is a jewel in the rough

Hi, have you looked slightly south of narangba at places like Dakabin.
Smaller suburb but has a high school and primary school that get good marks and a main-line station.
Have a look at www.realestate.com.au and see the surrounding area's.
The other advantage of Dakabin is the closeness to the motorway and it seem to be the junction before any hassles that occur northbound to Narangba.

I am a bit biased about the place as I live there but we looked at a lot of suburbs and even lived in another one for a coupe of years but love the look, feel and quietness of the place.

Hope this helps.

Carl
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

I would probably be leaving at about 5.30 for an early shift but lunch time for a late. I will be doing 12 hours half of the time so it would only be 3 days a week but to drive over an hour each way 5 days a week would be a bit of a nightmare!

I have thought about the train but the thought of having to get a train at 11 pm on my own doesnt fill me with joy to be honest so I may have to rethink again

I wil have a look at the other areas surrounding there.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Here I go again, I'm still considering my options where areas are concerned and have been looking at Narangba. I really like the look of it and the house prices seem more affordable.

I have a 16 year old girl and a boy of 12 (nearly!) what is there for them to do apart from bmx track, skate park and library?

5 weeks to go and I still don't really have any definite plans as to where we are going but best to have different options I think .
Hi Tracey
There's been a few rallies and protests in Narangba about the amount (and type) of industry going up close to residential areas. And there's more planned. I don't know much about it, but you may want to Google it.
Jen
Old Jul 26th 2007, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
Hi Tracey
There's been a few rallies and protests in Narangba about the amount (and type) of industry going up close to residential areas. And there's more planned. I don't know much about it, but you may want to Google it.
Jen
Thanks, will look onto that. I hadn't heard about it to be honest.

The info you can get from this site is amazing
Old Jul 26th 2007, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

I heard they call people from here "Narangatangs".
Old Jul 26th 2007, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
Hi Tracey
Jen
I dont know the area that well but know where it is etc, but theres been several mentions on the news of some problem with chemical pollution near housing, sorry I cant be more specific, but its been mentioned so often there must be something in it.

Traffic starts after caboolture, and just builds and builds as each outer suburb pours into the crawl into the city. 5.30 am might be OK, but you never know, we went down for appointments at 11 am and 2 pm recently coming back at 3ish and OMG 5pm, had nightmare traffic for all but one of the trips. One tiny accident will block off a lane and thats it:curse:
Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:33 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, will look onto that. I hadn't heard about it to be honest.

The info you can get from this site is amazing

Hi Tracey why dont you just come to cairns, brilliant commute to city, fantastic people moving there (me), great weather, now dont say its too hot we all know you get used to it. And best of all they are screaming out for nurses apparently.

Come on join us.

Ps Where have all the people form the North East meet gone to, have they given up on living the dream.

Kaye x
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wardy2
Hi Tracey why dont you just come to cairns, brilliant commute to city, fantastic people moving there (me), great weather, now dont say its too hot we all know you get used to it. And best of all they are screaming out for nurses apparently.

Come on join us.

Ps Where have all the people form the North East meet gone to, have they given up on living the dream.

Kaye x
Hi Kaye,

Is definitely Brissie for us, not sure where yet as you can tell

As to where all the others have gone, Ihave no idea

I was going to organise another meet before I leave but there doesnt seem to be anybody about these days (apart from us and Tiggs and Graz)
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:27 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Lornas still about, but as to the others not seen them for ages. Have had a little contact with Kiki she doesn't get on Poms all that often now, but she is still going, Adelaide I think.

Good luck choosing in Brisbane though it really is a difficult choice I dont envy you.

If Cairns doesn't work we will probably head to GC have contacts there who will give Neil a job hopefully wont need it though hope to be successful in Cairns.

Speak soon

kaye x
Old Jul 26th 2007, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2

Come on join us.

Kaye x
Hello Kaye

Have you landed in Cairns already?
Old Jul 26th 2007, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

Hi Kaye,

Is definitely Brissie for us, not sure where yet as you can tell

As to where all the others have gone, Ihave no idea

I was going to organise another meet before I leave but there doesnt seem to be anybody about these days (apart from us and Tiggs and Graz)
Hi Tracey
We are still about and would be up for a meet before you go. We to are looking at narangba as a possible area to settle as well as places like kallanger and deception bay although have heard to stay away from deception bay but i dont think you can really tell till you see it for yourself.
kaye where you at the royal quays yesterday Con said he seen your boys.

Lorna

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.