Nail techs

Old Aug 25th 2004, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nail techs

Hi guys,just wondered if anybody knows about witch products i can get hold of in oz,i use OPI,creative and Bio sculpture,if i cant get hold of any of these can anybody recommend some good quality products.Also do nail technicians have to be liecenced at all if so what do you have to do to get a liecence.Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks Tracey
Old Aug 25th 2004, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

annier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant future
Default Re: Nail techs

Originally Posted by scissors
Hi guys,just wondered if anybody knows about witch products i can get hold of in oz,i use OPI,creative and Bio sculpture,if i cant get hold of any of these can anybody recommend some good quality products.Also do nail technicians have to be liecenced at all if so what do you have to do to get a liecence.Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks Tracey
Hi Tracey, I live on the Gold Coast and my nail tech uses Creative, I dont think you need a license but she has done a few courses and is very good. nails are really big over here, a lot of techs work from home. reggard annie.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 9:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annier
Hi Tracey, I live on the Gold Coast and my nail tech uses Creative, I dont think you need a license but she has done a few courses and is very good. nails are really big over here, a lot of techs work from home. reggard annie.
Hevs works in this sort of field I think - maybe she can come up with some info
Old Aug 26th 2004, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks annie,thats very helpful,just trying to get a feel for what i need to do when i get there,i ll be doing both hairdressing and nails when i get there, hopefully the begginning of next year.Its interesting that you live on the gold coast, its an area we re looking at,any tips on good and bad areas would be gratefully recieved ,as we ve not been there before i m coming over with hubby and 16yr old daughter,how long have you been over there.

thanks again for your reply,look forward to hearing from you,

Tracey.
Originally Posted by annier
Old Aug 26th 2004, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Curls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to all

Thanks Tracey
Were you looking for a broomstick or a wand
Old Aug 26th 2004, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

annier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant future

Thanks annie,thats very helpful,just trying to get a feel for what i need to do when i get there,i ll be doing both hairdressing and nails when i get there, hopefully the begginning of next year.Its interesting that you live on the gold coast, its an area we re looking at,any tips on good and bad areas would be gratefully recieved ,as we ve not been there before i m coming over with hubby and 16yr old daughter,how long have you been over there.

thanks again for your reply,look forward to hearing from you,

Tracey.
Hi Tracey. We have been on the Gold Coast for 24 years and love it.I dont think you would have much trouble getting a position here , lots of adds in the Gold Coast Bulletin for both hairdressers and Nail techs. most salons rent out a chair space for nail techs, so the over heads are not huge. we live at burleigh waters about 7 mins from the beach, we lived at nerang for 20years when our kids were growing up. we have a son 33 and daughter 32. as for bad areas like anywhere there are some. a lot of the bad areas are being re-developed so it changes all the time, we love it here as there is always something to do, like the surf clubs good food and surroundings, not expensive to eat at them.it is cheaper to rent and buy out in the hinterland like nerang mudgeeraba, still only 20 mins from the beach. if you need anymore info send us a pm. and also keep in touch then when you arrive we can help with settling in etc. regards annie.
Old Aug 26th 2004, 11:57 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Pollyanna sent me this link, and yes i can help!!

You can get bio sculpture (provided you have got certification ) from www.biosculpture.com.au

I am currently using creative, but wish my boss would change to B. Sculp, cos IMO much better

Tonnes of nail tech jobs about, but many of the shops here in Melly are run by asians and they pay well below award

*disclaimer: not ment as a racial comment, but its what i have found. Here. In s/e melly*
Old Aug 26th 2004, 11:59 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

P.S I am working as a beauty therapist, nail tec and doing a bit of hairdressing and didn't need to get a licence, just show my certificates

Good luck
Old Aug 27th 2004, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=hevs]P.S I am working as a beauty therapist, nail tec and doing a bit of hairdressing and didn't need to get a licence, just show my certificates

Ooops think i miss spelt which, mines a broom stick,thanks hevs for your reply,just thought if i couldnt get the products i m used to i could start training on a product that is available in oz before i got there.Thanks for your help,i do hairdressing and beauty therapy also,although i prefer hairdressing and nails i find beauty therapy a bit boring,at the momment i m mobile but i m not sure yet if i ll get a job or go mobile or maybe rent a space,i ll have to see when i get there.Thanks again for your help.

keep in touch

Tracey.