Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NAB or Westpac - What Account is Best for UK Migrants ?

View Poll Results: NAB or Westpac ?
NAB
84.62%
Westpac
15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

NAB or Westpac - What Account is Best for UK Migrants ?

Old Feb 5th 2011, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

colonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nice
Default Re: NAB or Westpac - What Account is Best for UK Migrants ?

Originally Posted by mvagusta
Be careful as this looks as if it's an International money transfer and the receiving bank may charge you for this. Ozforex transfer the money to their Australian account and then do the equivelent of a bacs transfer so no bank charge.

The monies in your account within 3 days.

It may be worthwhile comparing rates on a like for like basis.

Do NAB charge fees to receive international transfers from Moneycorp ?
Old Feb 5th 2011, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

mvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to all

Originally Posted by colonel
Do NAB charge fees to receive international transfers from Moneycorp ?
Hi Colonel, I believe that all banks charge fees for international transfers. I could be wrong.
You would need to read the terms and conditions or contact them or perhaps some of the posters who do it regularly can enlighten us.

If it's a large amount then the charge will be very small as a percentage but if you were doing it on a regular basis then it would start to mount up.

Ozforex will allow you to move money both ways for the set amount of £7.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

colonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nice

Originally Posted by mvagusta
Hi Colonel, I believe that all banks charge fees for international transfers. I could be wrong.
You would need to read the terms and conditions or contact them or perhaps some of the posters who do it regularly can enlighten us.

If it's a large amount then the charge will be very small as a percentage but if you were doing it on a regular basis then it would start to mount up.

Ozforex will allow you to move money both ways for the set amount of £7.
Moneycorp has advised me that they have a partnership agreement with NAB and has advised me that they (Moneycorp) do not charge anything as the fees are built into the price quoted.

I will check NAB though to make sure that they do not charge a fee...thanks
Old Feb 5th 2011, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

mvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to all

Originally Posted by colonel
Moneycorp has advised me that they have a partnership agreement with NAB and has advised me that they (Moneycorp) do not charge anything as the fees are built into the price quoted.

I will check NAB though to make sure that they do not charge a fee...thanks
It's normally the receiving bank that deducts the charge from the money you have sent.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 10:36 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

if you want to compare accounts and banks, visit http://www.canstar.com.au/
various financial services providers are rated and the comparisons are quite useful.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

BigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud of

westpac shite...............nab had loads of dpwntime lately so dont know what they r like