myob online?

Old Jan 30th 2009, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

rhona is on a distinguished road
Default myob online?

Can anyone tell me if and with who they have done a myob course online. Im still in the uk but think if i had a certificate for myob on my cv it could only help.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 3:09 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: myob online?

To be honest I dont know what it means but I have seen a fair few job advertisements requesting that you have to have it, so it wont harm any job chances if you do have it.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 3:16 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont have a certificate but its definitely worth knowing if you are in that sort of work.

most small businesses use it out here.

Vivienne
Old Jan 31st 2009, 5:39 am
ABCDiamond

It is really well worth doing, as it is so popular here.

You can download the Australian test version of MYOB from: http://myob.com/servlet/Satellite?c=...493&site=en_AU

and look at this for training: http://myob.com/servlet/Satellite?ci...Links_Business

Old Jan 31st 2009, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

margy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to all

I'd been looking at this too, the classroom prices are quite high so had thought about doing the on line course. Have used Sage in the UK but in Australia everyone seems to use MYOB (Mind Your Own Business) or SAP. Of course it would be better if I could get a job and they pay for the training but that's wishful thinking.

M
Old Jan 31st 2009, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

caulkhead is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wardy2
To be honest I dont know what it means but I have seen a fair few job advertisements requesting that you have to have it, so it wont harm any job chances if you do have it.

As far as I know it something to do with accounting software ....
Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:35 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by margy
I'd been looking at this too, the classroom prices are quite high so had thought about doing the on line course. Have used Sage in the UK but in Australia everyone seems to use MYOB (Mind Your Own Business) or SAP. Of course it would be better if I could get a job and they pay for the training but that's wishful thinking.

M
I know two companies in Sydney that used Sage, back in the early1990's. One was Club Med. But it never really caught on properly here.

Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:54 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

It seems like every job ad in our area that deals with office work mentions MYOB experience so it's a good idea.

The only other reference I've seen for other software was once for Simply Accounting. I've been reading the job ads for over a year now and it's always MYOB.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 9:16 am
ABCDiamond

QuickBooks is another one, and probably the 2nd most popular for small businesses. A trial download is at: http://www.quicken.com.au/Products/downloads.aspx

Experience with both would be even better

Even just self taught experience is better than none at all.

Old Jan 31st 2009, 9:31 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by comet555
It seems like every job ad in our area that deals with office work mentions MYOB experience so it's a good idea.

The only other reference I've seen for other software was once for Simply Accounting. I've been reading the job ads for over a year now and it's always MYOB.
Your comment on Simply Accounting puzzled me till I looked it up.

Simply Accounting by Sage http://www.zdnet.com.au/downloads/0,...851008s,00.htm

Simply Accounting by ACCPAC http://www.pbs.net.au/prod_accpac_simply.shtml
In the Australian market, it competes primarily against QuickBooks and MYOB

There are two of them !

Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:23 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

I used sage in the uk and taught myself and later taught people myob. You dont need the training if you are proficient in another accounting system and understand the concepts.

Then maybe get a tutor for the bits you dont understand. I am also happy to
answer any questions if you get stuck.

Once you get into it, its not hard at all.

Vivienne
Old Jan 31st 2009, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

unless you already have an accounting degree, any lesser qualifications, BTEC etc wont be recognised here and you will have to do a course at a tafe and then onto a degree if yo want to work in the accounting field here unfortunately.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 9:11 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave99
unless you already have an accounting degree, any lesser qualifications, BTEC etc wont be recognised here and you will have to do a course at a tafe and then onto a degree if yo want to work in the accounting field here unfortunately.
Says who? I have no degree, part qualified in UK and 15 years experience. I got the first job I went for, the only sacrifice I had to make was on the salary for the first 6 months until they realised I was as good as my CV stated The job is a good one too, Systems Accountant with responsibility for the ERP for the whole company.

To the OP, MYOB is probably the biggest small/medium enterprise finance package used in Australia. Quickbook/quicken and accpacc are quite popular, but MYOB has the biggest market share. If you have the time to do an online course, do it. Its really quite a simple system and if you have used any kind of finance package before you should have no problems.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 5:48 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by dave99
For most jobs doing bookkeeping type work, they are interested in experience, not qualifications.

Larger companies may look at qualifications first, but I had no difficulties getting work with a Sydney CA firm, without any.

Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:38 am
Just Joined

DPD83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
Says who? I have no degree, part qualified in UK and 15 years experience. I got the first job I went for, the only sacrifice I had to make was on the salary for the first 6 months until they realised I was as good as my CV stated The job is a good one too, Systems Accountant with responsibility for the ERP for the whole company.

To the OP, MYOB is probably the biggest small/medium enterprise finance package used in Australia. Quickbook/quicken and accpacc are quite popular, but MYOB has the biggest market share. If you have the time to do an online course, do it. Its really quite a simple system and if you have used any kind of finance package before you should have no problems.
I migrated to Aus very recently & luckily found a place to get training. I have learnt the MYOB trial version alone at home but when it comes to the practical side I'm having few issues as to how to enter these in to MYOB. Could you please help?

For eg the electricity bill is issued on the 27th June 2009 for the period of 28th May 2009-27th June 2009. We receive it on the 1st July 2009. Bill has to be paid before the 17th July 2009. We make the payment on 10th July 2009. So what should be recorded here in myob and how?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.