Myers

Old Jan 19th 2010, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

mash2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Myers

I recently purchased a apple mac laptop from a the Myers store in Parramatta. I asked the sales guy to give me the lastest one which with a 13inch monitor.

He gave me one which I believed to be the one with a good specification, I next day I showed it to my collegues at work who told me to go for the MAC pro.

I went to the Myers store in the city the net day as I had work to do in the city.

I explained to them that I want to upgrade this laptop which is a Mac Book to Mac Pro, but I found them to be very rude, unhelpful ad they basically told to go back to Parramatta to sort out the issue.

Where do I stand?

I have the name and contact details of the Manager in the Myers store at the city.

Who should I complain to?

I am very upset.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Myers

I would complain they have a complaints email address on the web. Also phone and ask to talk to a Manager at the store you took it back to.

Myer have always been wonderful to deal with and stand by their products and I would hope they still do.

Should be able to change at any store as long as you have the docket.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 7:16 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Myers will always refund or exchange something which is faulty, but you have just simply changed your mind and have, I am assuming, opened the Mac Book packaging. If you have then this would make it ineligible for a simple return. After all, Myer can't resell that product now.

I'd go to chat to the original store that you bought it from, as soon as possible from the date of purchase. Perhaps they might be prepared to do something for you and maybe they might be able to return to Apple for restocking or something. Honestly though, I wouldn't blame them for having to say no, especially for such a high value item
Old Jan 21st 2010, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

In all honestly I was returning it with a view to getting it up graded so in fact I would be spending more money at their store.

I had the computer for two days, recepit, never used it. But the annoying thing was they did not even look at the goods....

The fact of the matter was that their staff In the parramatta store had not been trained to sell the product.

So should complain to apple?
Old Jan 21st 2010, 9:57 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mash2000
In all honestly I was returning it with a view to getting it up graded so in fact I would be spending more money at their store.

I had the computer for two days, recepit, never used it. But the annoying thing was they did not even look at the goods....

The fact of the matter was that their staff In the parramatta store had not been trained to sell the product.

So should complain to apple?
Why? What is Apple going to do about Myer not giving you an exchange? It's posted all over the Myer stores here that they are happy to exchange or refund if a product is faulty, however not if you simply change your mind. If you wanted to buy a Mac Book Pro you should have bought it in the first place. Maybe a little more research before you bought would not have gone amiss.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

I thought that was the very job of the sales person at the store to explain that to me!

If they are selling a product at their store, especially technology products they they should know what features it offers?

or you saying its my fault ......for not checking up. Well it is the first time in my life I am going to use or buy an apple !

Old Jan 21st 2010, 6:35 pm
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Why? What is Apple going to do about Myer not giving you an exchange? It's posted all over the Myer stores here that they are happy to exchange or refund if a product is faulty, however not if you simply change your mind. If you wanted to buy a Mac Book Pro you should have bought it in the first place. Maybe a little more research before you bought would not have gone amiss.
Totally agree......Information is king when buying stuff like this.
Maybe if you go back to the store you purchased it from and explain, i can't see there being an issue.

After a lot of time spent walking round electrical / computer stores i have come to the conclusion that there are very few sale people who actually know about the products they are selling. Hence the research.

When i bought my Plasma, i knew exactly what Model i wanted, the salesman did not have a clue, i actually told him about the features on this model, suffice to say i bought it from somewhere else.....amazing how some people will part with such a large amount of cash to a complete stranger...without doing any homework.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 9:22 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that was the very job of the sales person at the store to explain that to me!

If they are selling a product at their store, especially technology products they they should know what features it offers?

or you saying its my fault ......for not checking up. Well it is the first time in my life I am going to use or buy an apple !

What does buying an Apple product have to do with the store's return policy? You bought a product then changed your mind. It's simple. Myer has a policy in place that says they will exchange or refund for faulty products but not if you simply change your mind.

Oh, and Myer has nothing to do with Apple. If you're unhappy with the sales staff who sold you the computer you shoudl be speaking to his or her manager.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 4500 Times
Totally agree......Information is king when buying stuff like this.
Maybe if you go back to the store you purchased it from and explain, i can't see there being an issue.

After a lot of time spent walking round electrical / computer stores i have come to the conclusion that there are very few sale people who actually know about the products they are selling. Hence the research.

When i bought my Plasma, i knew exactly what Model i wanted, the salesman did not have a clue, i actually told him about the features on this model, suffice to say i bought it from somewhere else.....amazing how some people will part with such a large amount of cash to a complete stranger...without doing any homework.
Would definitely agree with that, most of the sales staff haven't got a clue, you ask about whether it has got particular specs and they have no idea what you are talking about!

Did you open the packaging, if so, then I don't think you've got any comeback, how are they going to sell it with damaged packaging, I wouldn't want it! If it is still in the original packaging then go back to the store you bought it from and ask to see the manager.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 10:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

I think that's exactly what we're saying.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Caveat emptor.... "Let the buyer beware"
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

newlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nice

Perhaps go back and say that you were misinformed on the spec and that it does not do what you wanted it to do......
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

I find this thread funny.

Its like going into a toyota dealer and buying a camry then going home and find out the neighbour has an Aurion and deciding you rather have an aurion than a camry and going back to the dealer and asking him to change it cause you were not happy.

Paddy
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

1. I was miss informed by the Myers Sales Person

2. The Computer Box was opened in the store, because the Sales Guy did not know what was inside.

3. I have never ever used a Mac before, so would not even know how to turn the damm thing off.

4. My right as a customer, just because the box has been opened surely does not mean that I should be stuck with the computer.

5. My argument is that had been informed correctly by the store sales person, then I would not be in this position.

6. Apple should be made aware that untrained staff are selling there products.

any suggestions
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 2:30 pm
Still alive

1. I was miss informed by the Myers Sales Person
How? You went in to buy a Mac. You bought what you asked the sales person for. "I recently purchased a apple mac laptop from a the Myers store in Parramatta. I asked the sales guy to give me the lastest one which with a 13inch monitor."
2. The Computer Box was opened in the store, because the Sales Guy did not know what was inside.
The box may have been opened in the shop, however that would have been before you purchased it.
3. I have never ever used a Mac before, so would not even know how to turn the damm thing off.
Last I looked they come with instruction manuals. Besides, see point 1 above. IT'S WHAT YOU ASKED FOR
4. My right as a customer, just because the box has been opened surely does not mean that I should be stuck with the computer.
Yes, it does. Your right as a consumer is to be informed in your buying decision. You have the right to an exchange or refund if the product is faulty. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO EXCHANGE OR REFUND IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND. I'm not sure how many ways you need to be told this. Just in case you don't believe me, here's a link to the official government type thingy. http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/Co...arranties.html
5. My argument is that had been informed correctly by the store sales person, then I would not be in this position.
You went to Myer. You said to the sales person "Hey, I'm looking for the latest Mac with 13" screen. That's what you got. How is that being incorrectly informed? Did you ask the sales person for a MacBook Pro? No? Then you were not misinformed.
6. Apple should be made aware that untrained staff are selling there products.
Apple don't give a shit what Myer does. Now, if you actually went to the Apple store in the city and were misinformed there they might care, but since you a) did not buy your computer from the Apple store and b) were not misinformed I can't see Apple giving a flying **** about it. What do you think Apple is going to do? What do you want Apple to do?

any suggestions
Yes. Sell it on e-Bay, buy your MacBook Pro and next time you go shopping be a better informed consumer before you go into the shops.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.