Myers

Old Jan 22nd 2010, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

mash2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Myers

apple should go around and do a random check as to how their products are being sold.

Therefore sold by an authorised, competent dealer....

know what i mean
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mash2000
apple should go around and do a random check as to how their products are being sold.

Therefore sold by an authorised, competent dealer....

know what i mean
Not really. If you had gone into Apple and asked for the same thing, you may well have ended up with the same product that you did from Myer.

It certainly sounds like you didnt do your research and werent specific enough, I think it is tough to blame Myer for your inadequate instructions.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Apple store would have given me all the technical specifications.

Myers are irrsponsible in employing untrained staff or not providing in adquate training to their staff.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 1:49 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Myers are irrsponsible in employing untrained staff or not providing in adquate training to their staff.
Why not just admit you are wrong....and move on
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

I know how the OP feels.

I bought a house in Point Cook and asked the estate agent for the best they had....I really meant I wanted a house in Toorak, and they did not tell me that Point Cook and Toorak are completely different suburbs.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 4:12 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is ridiculous....makes a nice change from racism threads though.

And its Myer...not Myers.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 5:10 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

1. I was miss informed by the Myers Sales Person

2. The Computer Box was opened in the store, because the Sales Guy did not know what was inside.

3. I have never ever used a Mac before, so would not even know how to turn the damm thing off.

4. My right as a customer, just because the box has been opened surely does not mean that I should be stuck with the computer.

5. My argument is that had been informed correctly by the store sales person, then I would not be in this position.

6. Apple should be made aware that untrained staff are selling there products.

any suggestions
Open it up. Break a chip. Return it as faulty goods. Simple.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 5:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, you think so? You wander into an Apple store and ask for the latest 13 inch laptop they will just hand one over to you, they arent going to go into great detail about this one vs that one. You have told them what you want and they give it to you. They dont launch into technical specifications unless you ask for them specifically and even then they probably wouldnt go into a comparison with another type of laptop.

You really do not have a leg to stand on here.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Weird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really nice

A friend of ours bought a Mac Book Pro and decided to return it for the basic Mac Book, this was at Dick Smiths.

As others have said ask to speak to the manager, however, it doesn't really sound like the sales person has done anything wrong. He sold you what you asked for and something that you would probably have been happy with if your colleagues hadn't said anything. The very basic Mac Book has an almost identical spec to the base model of the Mac Book Pro. But you are paying for the privilage of owning a Mac Book Pro. To the lay person who won't be using the extra capabilities of the machine there is really no difference. Sounds to me that you are experiencing Mac snobbery.

Rule of thumb, if you are buying a Mac buy from a Mac shop. My husband bought one and over the weekend a whole new range came out with improved specs. He took it back to Mac and complained and they exchanged it for the new model.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that was the very job of the sales person at the store to explain that to me!

If they are selling a product at their store, especially technology products they they should know what features it offers?

or you saying its my fault ......for not checking up. Well it is the first time in my life I am going to use or buy an apple !

Wrong. It's the job of a salesperson to sell something to you (the hint is in their job title).

If you went out to buy a car, you'd do your research on what you wanted before you went out. Why should it be any different for a laptop.

You asked the salesperson for the latest model with a 13" screen - you got it. If you'd have asked for the most powerful model with a 13" screen, you would've probably got that.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 6:48 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

A department store such as Myer is not going to be known for expert advice on computers or anything else for that matter.

I mean, the guy selling computers was probably selling socks the week before.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Thats exactly what he did he sold me an old boot !
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 11:08 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thats exactly what he did he sold me an old boot !

Well, if it was such a piece of crap why did you pay him for it in the first place?
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

You can get ALL the specs online off the apple site. I researched the specs of all my options before I bought a MacBook.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 1:41 pm

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you are in the wrong here but I do think if you were nice it would be sorted

You bought the product as per the sales persons advice that it was the top spec, new model
You have gone home and found that is not the case
cant they use it as a display model

Go into the store, dont case aspersions on the sales person, just explain it was nott as you asked for

thank your lucky stars whe3n they exchange it if not go to the small claims court, represent yourself and it will all be good

make sure yot dont go playing the blame game

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.