Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

my thoughts on perth

my thoughts on perth

Old Jan 26th 2007, 4:13 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default my thoughts on perth

well i started to keep i diary but i just never seemed to have any time so i stopped after a couple of days..

so i got off the plane and what ? where are they then?i was expecting to be surrounded by flies and trampling over snakes and spiders,,it so happens that yes there was the od fly but not to many ,no snakes but we did see a spider at the meet in perth and a cookabourgh(flippin hell thats a hard word) came from a tree and swallowed it..and thats your lot..

jet lag was the first thing i encountered ,jezuss you dont have any idea of time or what day its is when you first get to oz,its all very strange but after a couple of days you soon get used to it..

car hire..
ask for a car with sat nav,,its well worth it ..we would of been lost without it ..it was fantastic,helping us find our way around a strange town,it all looks the same...so it was fantastic and no extra cost...

beer..
its great beer for larger drinkers,most of the beer is good stuff,,but be careful when driving.i picked up a drink drive leaflet and your only allowed one beer, thats one half...jeezus,,and the police are everywhere..

driving around perth..

its quite nice,,,no road rage and with low speed limits ,its not to bad.
whatch out for speed traps there bleedin everywhere and they have the cameras like here at the lights.there is a line and if you go over it you will get a fine through the post..

we stayed in a place in rockingham,,for anyone that ever goes to rockingham ,if you go down to the jetty by the yacht club there is a dophin that comes bang on nine o'clock every night.we went down and there it was,i bought tears to me brummy eyes to see my daughter that happy..it was worth every penny to see sophie that happy.i dont think i will ever forget it...

property prices in rockingham are quite good,we were offered a place with a pool for around $350k.its beautiful there dont get me wrong ,dolphins ,sting rays.but it reminded me of brean sands by bristol...if anyone would like the name of a first class estate agent i would be more than willing to give you his number...

well i was walking along the beach and i started talking to a lovely lady called lulu who lived in perths best kept secrete.anyway she told us to come up to the hills where she had an acre plot ,massive house and a pool to die for.so thats when i found out through fate ,it was the hills for us.it was love at first sight..beautiful up there,little house on the prairie,volunteer fire service.everything i wanted...all within our budjet..fantastic..

we were going to buy a half acre plot for 300$k but i just did not have the balls for it..lucky as when i asked a few builders if they would go up to the hills they were asking for 10% more.so if anyone is interested in the hills just bare in mind builders dont like going up there and the ground works can be an open book as there can be all kinds of complications when building on rock.
also we could only buy land as a forighn investor and you have to build on it within one year of buying the land..so with all that, its a run down house for us later this year up in the hills....

secrete harbour..

we loved it,its fantastic there built ,round a golf course and right by the beach,fantastic for the kids the beach is superb for surfers..fantastic.but its a bit to far from perth so i dont think its for us..

hillaries,,

very nice place for a sunday afternoon.but you have got to have a few quid to live there...

ellenbrooke..

again we could of bought a plot of land,it was very nice but i dont like the houses built right next to each other ,it worried me that you could be lost in a crowd ,i was very upset as we had set our hearts on living there..ellenbrooke is very nice its one of the biggest building sites i have seen and i believe they are going to be building there fot the next 5 years,,,

canning vale..

very similar to ellenbrooke but it is without a dought the biggest building site i have ever seen in my life..

miadevale..there are lots of older houses there,you do get a lot for your money

ozzies

i never met a bad one,i found them to be straight talking and i must say i found them a breath of fresh air..they just say what they think..what a shame we cannot take a leaf out of their book..

ozzie ladies..

where are there boobs?their all flat chested..

mozzies,,

their quite bad there ,we got bitten quite bad..

things to do................,,jeezus the list is endless..
fishing sea /river
walks along the beaches
barbies(and no one nicks them)
out door cinemas,,jeez thats an experience,you can take your own feast,wine ,food,just sitt there and just chill ,,bloody great....
kings park ..its breath taking
penguin island ,its fantastic..try walking over dont get the ferry its great,the sea comes up to your watse,,its well worth the walk.
beaches,,we did most of them they are all fantastic

all of this is free...its fantastic..

my daughter was in the sea on wednesday and two dolphins came to play with here..i must say i found perth to be everything i hoped it would be and we do love it,,i am glad i went over to have a look,we will, if we are lucky enough to be allowed in,be moving there this year and we are counting the days..

oh and the heat,well you soon get used to it ,i found myself getting quite cold when it dropped below 100

asst.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: my thoughts on perth

Originally Posted by aston man
well i started to keep i diary but i just never seemed to have any time so i stopped after a couple of days..

so i got off the plane and what ? where are they then?i was expecting to be surrounded by flies and trampling over snakes and spiders,,it so happens that yes there was the od fly but not to many ,no snakes but we did see a spider at the meet in perth and a cookabourgh(flippin hell thats a hard word) came from a tree and swallowed it..and thats your lot..

jet lag was the first thing i encountered ,jezuss you dont have any idea of time or what day its is when you first get to oz,its all very strange but after a couple of days you soon get used to it..

car hire..
ask for a car with sat nav,,its well worth it ..we would of been lost without it ..it was fantastic,helping us find our way around a strange town,it all looks the same...so it was fantastic and no extra cost...

beer..
its great beer for larger drinkers,most of the beer is good stuff,,but be careful when driving.i picked up a drink drive leaflet and your only allowed one beer, thats one half...jeezus,,and the police are everywhere..

driving around perth..

whatch out for speed traps there bleedin everywhere and they have the cameras like here at the lights.there is a line and if you go over it you will get a fine through the post..

we stayed in a place in rockingham,,for anyone that ever goes to rockingham ,if you go down to the jetty by the yacht club there is a dophin that comes bang on nine o'clock every night.we went down and there it was,i bought tears to me brummy eyes to see my daughter that happy..it was worth every penny to see sophie that happy.i dont think i will ever forget it...

property prices in rockingham are quite good,we were offered a place with a pool for around $350k.its beautiful there dont get me wrong ,dolphins ,sting rays.but it reminded me of brean sands by bristol...if anyone would like the name of a first class estate agent i would be more than willing to give you his number...

well i was walking along the beach and i started talking to a lovely lady called lulu who lived in perths best kept secrete.anyway she told us to come up to the hills where she had an acre plot ,massive house and a pool to die for.so thats when i found out through fate ,it was the hills for us.it was love at first sight..beautiful up there,little house on the prairie,volunteer fire service.everything i wanted...all within our budjet..fantastic..

we were going to buy a half acre plot for 300$k but i just did not have the balls for it..lucky as when i asked a few builders if they would go up to the hills they were asking for 10% more.so if anyone is interested in the hills just bare in mind builders dont like going up there and the ground works can be an open book as there can be all kinds of complications when building on rock.
also we could only buy land as a forighn investor and you have to build on it within one year of buying the land..so with all that, its a run down house for us later this year up in the hills....

secrete harbour..

we loved it,its fantastic there built ,round a golf course and right by the beach,fantastic for the kids the beach is superb for surfers..fantastic.but its a bit to far from perth so i dont think its for us..

hillaries,,

very nice place for a sunday afternoon.but you have got to have a few quid to live there...

ellenbrooke..

again we could of bought a plot of land,it was very nice but i dont like the houses built right next to each other ,it worried me that you could be lost in a crowd ,i was very upset as we had set our hearts on living there..ellenbrooke is very nice its one of the biggest building sites i have seen and i believe they are going to be building there fot the next 5 years,,,

canning vale..

very similar to ellenbrooke but it is without a dought the biggest building site i have ever seen in my life..

ozzies

i never met a bad one,i found them to be straight talking and i must say i found them a breath of fresh air..they just say what they think..what a shame we cannot take a leaf out of their book..

ozzie ladies..

mozzies,,

fishing sea /river
walks along the beaches
out door cinemas,,jeez thats an experience,you can take your own feast,wine ,food,just sitt there and just chill ,,bloody great....
penguin island ,its fantastic..try walking over dont get the ferry its great,the sea comes up to your watse,,its well worth the walk.

my daughter was in the sea on wednesday and two dolphins came to play with here..i must say i found perth to be everything i hoped it would be and we do love it,,i am glad i went over to have a look,we will, if we are lucky enough to be allowed in,be moving there this year and we are counting the days..

oh and the heat,well you soon get used to it ,i found myself getting quite cold when it dropped below 100

asst.
Great post M really enjoyed reading it :
Old Jan 26th 2007, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

markandkaren will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: my thoughts on perth

fanbloodytastic mate fingers crossed and all that stuff we should be in mandurah late march. hope all goes well for your goodselves and all your dreams come true:
Old Jan 26th 2007, 4:56 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, you're back already, that went REALLY fast. Sounds like you had a great time Marcus. How's the toes?

Gill
Old Jan 26th 2007, 5:12 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant post!

We really really want to go to Perth but the house prices are worrying me so much we've been wavering a fair bit lately.

Dale really wants a bit of land with some outbuildings at that - just don't think we'll be able to afford that in WA
Old Jan 26th 2007, 5:26 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: my thoughts on perth

[...]

fishing sea /river
walks along the beaches

asst.
Brilliant post mate, so glad to hear that you enjoyed my home state and everything it has to offer.

Best of British luck for the future!
Old Jan 26th 2007, 6:25 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Great post, glad you enjoyed it.

Joex
Old Jan 26th 2007, 8:54 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Hi M sounds like you loved the place! Nice to see you back on BE.........C x
Old Jan 27th 2007, 8:25 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

[

asst. [/QUOTE]

Very informative post, cheers.
Glad your liking it..

Dave
Old Jan 27th 2007, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Aston

Good to see you enjoyed it like we did and good to meet you in kings park, roll on the next year.

Mick
Old Jan 27th 2007, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I'll allow 1 dolphin reference as it pleased your daughter but I'm afraid I'll have to count the other reference against your quota.

Good on ya, Aston! I don't think you will regret the Hills - bags of character.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all

no road rage,,,,,,are you kidding,perth must have the worst drivers in the world,they have not got a clue what a roundabout is,also try switching lanes or pulling out onto traffic,there's no f;;;;;ing way they'll let you out,no courtesy whatsoever,also watch out for the p platers.
the lady drivers{aye right!}are worse than the guys.
not just my opinion honest.

i fu;;;;;ing hate the mitchell freeway in the morning.

it's a great life being a whinging pom.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 1:55 pm
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Great read

Personally a StreetSmart book is well worth the money for a migrant.

As for ladies cleavage.... think you arent looking hard enough
Old Jan 29th 2007, 2:02 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Great advice folks
Old Jan 29th 2007, 2:02 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

car hire..

beer..

driving around perth..

secrete harbour..

hillaries,,

ellenbrooke..

canning vale..

ozzies

ozzie ladies..

mozzies,,

fishing sea /river
walks along the beaches

asst.
Wait till you've lived here a few years mate... then update us

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.