Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My sister is dying!

My sister is dying!

Old Nov 30th 2005, 3:53 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My sister is dying!

Originally Posted by Mrs Rangersman
Found out yesterday that my sister went into the hospice on Sunday and that she is not expected to live beyond the weekend, my mum and her husband are with her, (she is in Canberra) I went to see her 7 weeks ago and had a couple of nights with her.

It just seems so surreal that this is actually happening, some times the pain inside is so intense, I don't know what to do with it. I actually think its worse than having a physical pain cause you can't take a pain-killer and make it better.

She is only 18 months younger than me, I don't think I can quite believe it's happening she is just too young, and she has suffered so much.

What is strange is that our dad died 3 years ago this month.

Not much else to say, if I think about it all too much I get too upset.

I am really fortunate that the ward I'm working on is really caring and are being really supportive. I want to continue t work as much as possible too much time at home on my own makes me worse.

Sometimes I just want to go to sleep and wake up when its all over, I'm so dreading that phone call. :scared:

Nicola
Hi Nicola,

So very sorry to hear your sad news. I am thinking of you and sending lots of wishes that your sister's passing is peaceful, and that you find the strength you need to get you through this very difficult time.

Sue
Old Nov 30th 2005, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear your sad news It must be hard to take with her being so young. Although you are both in Australia you must feel like you are the other side of the world to her, but at least you had the chance to see her which will help I hope. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Hugs
Nicky
Old Nov 30th 2005, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Found out yesterday that my sister went into the hospice on Sunday and that she is not expected to live beyond the weekend, my mum and her husband are with her, (she is in Canberra) I went to see her 7 weeks ago and had a couple of nights with her.

It just seems so surreal that this is actually happening, some times the pain inside is so intense, I don't know what to do with it. I actually think its worse than having a physical pain cause you can't take a pain-killer and make it better.

She is only 18 months younger than me, I don't think I can quite believe it's happening she is just too young, and she has suffered so much.

I am really fortunate that the ward I'm working on is really caring and are being really supportive. I want to continue t work as much as possible too much time at home on my own makes me worse.

Sometimes I just want to go to sleep and wake up when its all over, I'm so dreading that phone call. :scared:

Nicola
Nicola, im so sorry to hear about your sister, I really feel for you and know exactly what you are going through.
all i can say, is be true to your feelings, dont try to hide how your feeling, make sure you keep talking about it..you may not feel like it now, but you will do.
Im thinking of you and your family at this time,

take care of yourself

Trish
xx
Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

pioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud of

Nicola,
Mythoughts are with you and family at this time.
Sharon x
Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:30 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Nicola, I'm so sorry that your sister is finally succumbing to this dreadful illness, it must be awful for you and your family.
My thoughts and prayers are with you, and I hope that the thought of the BE community's good wishes give you some strength to face the next few days.
Love Gillian
Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:50 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nicola

I have sent you PM.

Thoughts of light and love to you and your family

P x
Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nicola

I wish your sister a peaceful end.

Sorry to hear that she has had a short life. It makes it all the harder to deal with. Look after yourself.

Woodyxxx
Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Nicola
so sorry to hear about your sister my thoughts are with you at this sad time Janet
Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:35 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

My thoughts and prayers are with you, take care.

mandi x
Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

prays and thoughts go out to you

thinking of you
lace x
Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:41 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Never an easy time , our thoughts are with you also .
Old Nov 30th 2005, 11:26 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Thats what Ireally miss from my friends, only been here 2 months so not the same as if I was a t home this is when I want to be home and be with familiarity and my friends that know me.

I can't even begin to imagine how my sister must be feeling at the age of 40 you don't expect this.
Nicola I am so sorry to hear your news please call me if I can help at all
natalie
Old Nov 30th 2005, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

At this very sad time there is nothing anyone can say .....or do to help you through this.......thinking of you.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 11:58 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

... "Hugs" ...
Old Nov 30th 2005, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
... "Hugs" ...
hi,so sorry to hear about your sister.it must be terrible for you.i hope she has a peaceful end.my nephew died in a hospice two years ago,he was 14,and it made it a bit easier been able to go peacefully.its hard to explain but it was sad but beautiful,sorry,i wish you well.dont keep your emotions in,confide in anyone that listens.irishbloo xxxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.