Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My Restaurant Rules!

My Restaurant Rules!

Old Mar 11th 2005, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default My Restaurant Rules!

Is anyone else addicted to this programme?
Who d'ya think will get their restaurant taken over? My vote is Perth, they seem so disorganised and their staff aren't exactly getting on.
Did Perth win last time, if so, what restaurant is it?
Anyone eaten in one of the restaurants? (Make sure you give us a wave if you go!)
Who d'ya think will win? My vote is for Brissy, the food looks great and they look like they really have it together.
Last question - who is Dicko anyway? I don't recognise him from the UK and he sounds fresh of the boat (Brummie accent?), what's he famous for here?
Old Mar 11th 2005, 12:54 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: My Restaurant Rules!

Originally Posted by Larissa
Who d'ya think will get their restaurant taken over? My vote is Perth, they seem so disorganised and their staff aren't exactly getting on.
Anyone eaten in one of the restaurants? (Make sure you give us a wave if you go!)
Who d'ya think will win? My vote is for Brissy, the food looks great and they look like they really have it together.
Last question - who is Dicko anyway? I don't recognise him from the UK and he sounds fresh of the boat (Brummie accent?), what's he famous for here?

Guy in my office went to eat in the Brissy (Milton) one two nights ago. Its on a turn-up no reservation system though, and he got there just after a table of 18 turned-up, so didnt end up waiting!
The place is right opposite where my partner works though (you can see his building in the reflection of picture on the restaurant wall - sad I know ) and he says its been quite interesting to watch. I definitely want to go, but will wait a month or so for it to quiten down I think!
Old Mar 11th 2005, 1:06 am
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Lerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond repute

I loved the last one on foxtel were Perth won, i have not seen the second one, which channel is it on?
Old Mar 11th 2005, 1:29 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Its not as good as the last series, they've cut out most of the pre-opening stuff, last time they got this bomb site of a place and had to organise, pay for and do up the restaurant, you got to see them doing hard graft and overcoming various building/construction/time/money problems.

Yes Perth won last Year, Ash and Amanda were the two guys, the restaurant is still going and last time I went past I noticed Amanda working, The restaurant is called Room Nineteen, its in Northbridge I think its Lake Street, its directly opposite the IMAX (or whatever theyve re-named it) havent eaten in there but keep meaning to. (Surf and Turf and Chocolate Fondue ring a bell as being signature dishes)

Not sure what Dicko is famous for from the UK, but he was one of the Judges on Australian Idol, until he moved over from Channel 10 to 7.
Curtis Stone who did last years show was much better, He actually knew about all aspects of the industry and did a pretty good job as a presenter, Dicko seems to look permanently shagged as if he's been up all night, he doesnt seem to fit in right with the program, a bit awkward I guess...

I walked past the Melbourne guys place in St Kilda on Monday, saw them both looking pretty tired cleaning up from the night before.

Brisbane seem to look pretty good this year, seem to have most things in order, and have been given pretty positive airtime by the show, the guys running Perth seem to be in a bit of a state, but I guess you only get to see what makes good TV... there unlikely to want to have little ole Perth win it again, and I think theyve specifically chosen those guys to run it for that reason, I find it hard to warm to them as people and given its the public that vote I cant see them lasting very long, (which could mean those other two take over which could turn it around, and Perth might win again)

I'd go for Sydney ( damn she's hot )

Steve
Old Mar 11th 2005, 1:30 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

did they show it on foxtel after channel 7 had finished with it? weird!

Originally Posted by Lerop Pekill
I loved the last one on foxtel were Perth won, i have not seen the second one, which channel is it on?
Old Mar 11th 2005, 1:40 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by brisnick
did they show it on foxtel after channel 7 had finished with it? weird!
Dicko was some music (or maybe tv) industry mogul, something similar to that bloke in the UK who did pop idol who has the highest trouser waist band in living history (why is it you can never remember anyones name when you need to)

Anyway he has been here for 3 years and got his "big break" in tele on Australian Idol

And as for My Resturaunt Perth??????????? what is goin on there, no wonder the eastern sates think we are all a bit backward over here in WA

Kala
Old Mar 11th 2005, 1:43 am
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Lerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Dicko was some music (or maybe tv) industry mogul, something similar to that bloke in the UK who did pop idol who has the highest trouser waist band in living history (why is it you can never remember anyones name when you need to)

Anyway he has been here for 3 years and got his "big break" in tele on Australian Idol

And as for My Resturaunt Perth??????????? what is goin on there, no wonder the eastern sates think we are all a bit backward over here in WA

Kala
Simon Cowell is the high waist banded man, he is also a grade one t*at.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 2:43 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lerop Pekill
Simon Cowell is the high waist banded man, he is also a grade one t*at.
Thats the bloke

Kala
Old Mar 11th 2005, 3:06 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve99
, the guys running Perth seem to be in a bit of a state, but I guess you only get to see what makes good TV... there unlikely to want to have little ole Perth win it again, and I think theyve specifically chosen those guys to run it for that reason, I find it hard to warm to them as people and given its the public that vote I cant see them lasting very long,
Yep, that's my theory as well!

It was so silly/funny him coming to the opening in one of those yellow Freo buggy things.
And then the contrast with (Melbourne?) who had 2 yellow lamborginis or something(which was a bit much though).

I saw a bit of it last night, and it has once again confirmed I never want to work in restuarant again! Argh, all the fights between service/chefs and wrong and mixed up order etc! My last job in a restuarant proved I wasn't as stress-resistent as I thought I was! And I suck at carrying trays.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 3:22 am
maggy

Fab show im addicted to it.

Mrs banana phoned me when it was on last night so missed some of it.

Perth are so disorganised and the opening night was as exciting as the opening of an envelope.

Im sure they are going to be voted off. I hope so cos then Nathan and Georgia may be able to tun it around.

Mark is also addicted to it only because me thinks Bella looks minxie lol.

I have to admit I have a soft spot for Dicko

How sad am I

Old Mar 11th 2005, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

I am addicted to that show ...sad really.

I was really disappointed when Melbourne got beaten last year...Everyone knows where the food capital of Australia is and it ain't Perth. Maybe they will pull it out of the hat this year but I am not sure, these 'singles nights' that the lads are doing are a little strange...

First to go I reckon will be either Perth or (dare I say it..) Sydney but only because I don't think people from any other state will vote for people from Sydney (well, maybe Steve )

Brissie looks okay, but what puts me off is that woman who keeps singing. I am not sure if she thinks she is going to get her big break because dicko is 'round but someone needs to shut her up

I think Dicko was better on Idol (he's is so blatantly reading the auto-cue) but still sexy (drives my hubby crazy because he's probably old enough to be my dad)
Old Mar 11th 2005, 4:20 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally Posted by Shellfish
I am addicted to that show ...sad really.

I was really disappointed when Melbourne got beaten last year...Everyone knows where the food capital of Australia is and it ain't Perth. Maybe they will pull it out of the hat this year but I am not sure, these 'singles nights' that the lads are doing are a little strange...

First to go I reckon will be either Perth or (dare I say it..) Sydney but only because I don't think people from any other state will vote for people from Sydney (well, maybe Steve )

Brissie looks okay, but what puts me off is that woman who keeps singing. I am not sure if she thinks she is going to get her big break because dicko is 'round but someone needs to shut her up

I think Dicko was better on Idol (he's is so blatantly reading the auto-cue) but still sexy (drives my hubby crazy because he's probably old enough to be my dad)
Yeah he has got that odd sexy thing about him hasn't he

Kala
Old Mar 11th 2005, 4:23 am
maggy

Kala
I could eat him lol

Old Mar 11th 2005, 4:27 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

In my humble opinon,this series of MMR sux. It's shite. The last series we had a presenter who at least was a qualified chef with international experience and an understanding of the workings of restaurants.

The money from the bank was also more equitably divided, giving I think a fairer chance to all competitors.

Perth's Ash & Amanda won it, though personally I think it should have gone to sydney if they could just control their staff or next to melbourne. Peter had really pulled his head in and was making a real effort and getting results. The perth restaurant that won is in northbridge (lake st I think) called "Room 19".

God knows who Dicko is, but someone in tv land here does obviously.
The food will probably be okay at all of them but the running of the operation is really what it's about.
Andre (perth) obviously has very developed people skills (probably due to his background), but I doubt that will be enough to save them.

As for a winner, too soon yet... keep an eye on this space, but I'll wager perth won't be it this time around.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 4:28 am
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Kala

Opinions vary he looks like a bulldog who has licked pis* off a nettle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.