Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

my occupation is in demand in Victoria

my occupation is in demand in Victoria

Old Dec 5th 2003, 8:17 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Fuzzyness
i think we would be fighting a losing battle trying to convince those that dont live in the west midlands that birmingham is great.
What about Cadbury World. I love it. We would travel up from Berkshire just to go there! Sad or what.

Jane
Old Dec 5th 2003, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Bret is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: my occupation is in demand in Victoria

Brum is miles better these days, I went there recently and was amazed by the change.

I'm also a planner and also looking at the STNI process. I applied about 6 weeks ago and so am waiting to hear any day now. A formality I think though. Visited melbourne earlier this year- thought it was fantastic, liked Sydney but not as much - reminded me of London.

Got the forms together to get my skills assessed and all the necesary docs. Nightmare forms. The 47sk form looks even worse. Why cant they make easy form for us planners. The forms are harder than the degree course

Good luck Fuzzyness
Old Dec 5th 2003, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

daler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: my occupation is in demand in Victoria

Originally posted by Fuzzyness
i have just been on the immigration pages of the Victoria government website and discovered that my occupation is in demand in Victoria. that is one less thing to worry about and means i can seriously start pursuing my STNI application. very happy.

Hi Fuzzyness,

You are right, Town Planners are like Gold dust. I am an expat moved to Melbourne last year and recruit all disciplines for the local councils across Melbourne, I work for an agency, the only downside I can forsee is your lack of local knowledge but that shouldn't be a major stumbling block. If you want any pointers or even want to send me a resume, my work email is [email protected] and I can look at your experience and give you an unbiased view of your chances

Cheers

Dale
Old Dec 8th 2003, 10:41 am
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks Dale. i've emailed you with a few more details.