Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

my occupation is in demand in Victoria

my occupation is in demand in Victoria

Old Dec 2nd 2003, 3:16 pm
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

the new selfridges building is amazing both inside and out and the Bullring is also pretty special i think.
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 3:26 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its about time we had something to be proud of in Brum, as a shopaholic I'm a bit gutted that we've got these georgeous shops 6 months before I leave though. I'm making the most of them whilst I'm here!
Come to the Bullring everyone, its fantastic!
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 3:29 pm
What's he asking?

i think we would be fighting a losing battle trying to convince those that dont live in the west midlands that birmingham is great.
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 3:44 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi Fuzzyness,
I'm with you on this one.

When i look at t he new Selfriges I think it's time to leave!

I just don't like it, Carbunkle (I can't spell)

Bye
Markeh
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 3:48 pm
What's he asking?

When i look at t he new Selfriges I think it's time to leave!
remember what was there before though. the old bull ring

the new bull ring and selfridges building

Old Dec 2nd 2003, 4:11 pm
earlswood

Originally posted by Fuzzyness
i think we would be fighting a losing battle trying to convince those that dont live in the west midlands that birmingham is great.
I'm afraid you need to convince me and I live here

Havn't even visited the new Bull ring yet

I'm a Merry Hill Girl and like free parking, less pick pocketing and no-one trying to clean my windscreen with spit and a tissue on the way in

Sorry!!

Earlswood

Old Dec 2nd 2003, 4:24 pm
What's he asking?

'm a Merry Hill Girl and like free parking, less pick pocketing and no-one trying to clean my windscreen with spit and a tissue on the way in
hehe
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 6:12 pm
Account Closed

Originally posted by earlswood
I'm afraid you need to convince me and I live here

Havn't even visited the new Bull ring yet

I'm a Merry Hill Girl and like free parking, less pick pocketing and no-one trying to clean my windscreen with spit and a tissue on the way in

Sorry!!

Earlswood

LOL
Yes there is that Earlswood, I could only sell it on the bullring, just trying to be positive after slagging the place off for so many years, probably just a bit sentimental because of going!
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 6:21 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

ok...got to ask...showing my ignorance on a HUGE scale now....but they dont have bullfights at this bullring do they??? 'No of course they dont you silly cow' I hear you all shout!!!
If ya dont mind me saying the new ''bullring'' looks hideous - what were the birmingham planners thinking? transplant a little bit of Dubai in there and it will make it more appealing? They are trying to build 'contemporary' in Sheffield - the town centre is now such a hotchpot (the town planners call it a melting pot!!) of architecture its joke!!!

bring back red brick and straw huts!!!

Sue
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 6:33 pm
Account Closed

Hello Sue,
Absolutely no bull fights there! Shopping only, and whilst I can see that it may not be everyones architectural taste, it is a huge improvment on how it was! Even if the outside of Selfridges isn't your cup of tea, the inside is shopping heaven!

Michaela
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 7:50 am
What's he asking?

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
ok...got to ask...showing my ignorance on a HUGE scale now....but they dont have bullfights at this bullring do they??? 'No of course they dont you silly cow' I hear you all shout!!!
If ya dont mind me saying the new ''bullring'' looks hideous - what were the birmingham planners thinking? transplant a little bit of Dubai in there and it will make it more appealing? They are trying to build 'contemporary' in Sheffield - the town centre is now such a hotchpot (the town planners call it a melting pot!!) of architecture its joke!!!

bring back red brick and straw huts!!!

Sue
some people just dont like change now do they. i suppose you would still be happy if everything was still mud huts hey? its that attitude to development that people in the property development industry contend with everyday. i think its called NIMBYism.
Old Dec 4th 2003, 8:14 am
What's he asking?

received email back today from SMU of Victoria state gov saying

We have received your CV and it appears you may have a skill in demand in
feeling quite chuffed about things as it stands. time to do loads more research and to begin thinking about when i want to start the whole process.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

WheelsOfSteel is on a distinguished road

I once went into the Rotunda to install some SW. I will always remember the radiators not fitting properly as they hadn't been designed for a circular building!
Old Dec 5th 2003, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: my occupation is in demand in Victoria

Originally posted by Fuzzyness
i have just been on the immigration pages of the Victoria government website and discovered that my occupation is in demand in Victoria. that is one less thing to worry about and means i can seriously start pursuing my STNI application. very happy.
Not fishing for thanks here, but didn't I already tell you that Town Planners were in demand in Victoria when I advised you to go the STNI Victoria route ?? (and gave you the STNI website address).

Remember that getting the STNI nomination is just the first step. Once you have your nomination from them you still have to apply for your residence visa.

Am still working on getting that information on Town planning in Oz for you (despite your implying that I am an eastern suburbs snob). I try to be forgiving
Old Dec 5th 2003, 8:15 am
What's he asking?

hold your horses there sunlover. i didnt say you were at all. my ex g/f was and that was where the comment came from. sorry if i offended you. it wasnt intentional and i'm sorry if it caused offence.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.