My new truck!!

Old Mar 6th 2004, 11:55 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough
Default My new truck!!

Here is my latest purchase and prode and joy - a 1996 Toyota Hilux Surf - called the truck in this house as it is so damn huge compared to the little Polo I was driving about in in London!

A 3 litre diesel with 115,000 kms on the clock it cost $19,600 after a bit of bargaining which included a new CD player installed in double quick time, 2000kms diesel warrenty (over here if you have a diesel you pay a road tax on the mileage before you travel so you buy 2000kms or 5000 kms or so a a time) a 12 month mechanical insurance warrenty that covers EVERYTHING plus roadside assistance, a full service, an oil change in 5000kms time, a cover for the spare tyre AND a full tank of diesel!

We moved into our home for the next 8/9 months today so have been cleaning and organising all today.

Just had our first proper night out in town - nothing gets going until about 10.30pm and finishes about 3/4am - we started early at 8pm so had to bow out a bit early - but not before a few beers were sunk and few kareoke songs were belted out ( I received considerable applause for my rendering of Britney Spears' Baby One More Time!)

A trip up the mountain in the truck beckons tomorrow - a bit of a hike and picnic and a look at the skifields ( or they will be when in snows in winter) on the agenda.
Attached Thumbnails My new truck!!-d1000065a.jpg  
Old Mar 6th 2004, 11:56 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Said mountain....
Attached Thumbnails My new truck!!-d1000075a.jpg  
Old Mar 6th 2004, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to see things are working out for you in NZ. Enjoy your mountain ride!!

footie x
Old Mar 6th 2004, 2:06 pm
WBB

good on ya poll, sound like you are having a ball.

keep posting.

Old Mar 6th 2004, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

outback is an unknown quantity at this point

Could pick up same thing here far cheaper I am selling this as a dealer, so could knock £1000 off advertised price .......

1996 Toyota Hi Lux Surf SSR-G 3.0 litre Turbo Diesel
Blue Mica over Silver Metallic, 52,000 miles. Very rare 5speed manual, Power Steering, Roof rails, Automatic Climate control, Privacy Glass, ABS, Dual Airbags, Alloy wheels, Side steps, Bull Bar, Absolutely first class condition, Just been serviced in our own workshops. New MOT and Tax so ready for the road. Car is at North Acton Branch. Why not give xxxxxxxx a call on xxxxxxx to find out more. £8,495

Considering potential salarys in NZ it sounds an expensive place to live. We considered the migration bit and have used this site and others for data and decided against it. Good luck to you brave ones.
Old Mar 6th 2004, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

im hiding this thread from des

arlene
Old Mar 6th 2004, 4:14 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: My new truck!!

Originally posted by Pollster
Here is my latest purchase and prode and joy - a 1996 Toyota Hilux Surf - called the truck in this house as it is so damn huge compared to the little Polo I was driving about in in London!
Not into trucks but this looks fab & exciting fun Pollster :scared: .....is it girl or boy truck?......wots it's name?

Enjoy. keep on trucking

Phoenixuk2oz

Last edited by Phoenixuk2oz; Mar 6th 2004 at 4:17 pm.

Old Mar 6th 2004, 5:34 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done pollster!

Been out test driving my self today.

Was taken round the Landrover off road course ....very impressed with the Disco!

all the best plum
Old Mar 6th 2004, 5:41 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Poll will me and the missus and 2 kids get in that?

Look a mighty fine beast
Old Mar 6th 2004, 5:47 pm
Put big light on!

Sausage is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice truck!!

I always find those things to be obscene in this country (England), but they seem "fitting" down under. The antipodeon roads and reduced congestion seem much more suitable. Besides, if u run a kangaroo over, u can throw it in the back and use it later on the barbie.

Anyone tried roo meat?
Old Mar 6th 2004, 6:01 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by outback
Could pick up same thing here far cheaper I am selling this as a dealer, so could knock £1000 off advertised price .......

1996 Toyota Hi Lux Surf SSR-G 3.0 litre Turbo Diesel
Blue Mica over Silver Metallic, 52,000 miles. Very rare 5speed manual, Power Steering, Roof rails, Automatic Climate control, Privacy Glass, ABS, Dual Airbags, Alloy wheels, Side steps, Bull Bar, Absolutely first class condition, Just been serviced in our own workshops. New MOT and Tax so ready for the road. Car is at North Acton Branch. Why not give xxxxxxxx a call on xxxxxxx to find out more. £8,495

Considering potential salarys in NZ it sounds an expensive place to live. We considered the migration bit and have used this site and others for data and decided against it. Good luck to you brave ones.
8495 quid, is $23,423 nz that is not far cheaper............... MM
Old Mar 6th 2004, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

outback is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mr mover
8495 quid, is $23,423 nz that is not far cheaper............... MM
I said I could knock a grand off that price so it would make it 20200 nz$ mine has 20000 clicks less and is top spec. Sold one recently with around about the same clicks and not such high spec for £6900 so I guess not much cheaper. Just appears very expensive against Salary achievable in NZ compared with here. Not lived there so have no idea really, just so long as she enjoys it who cares, they are a reliable motor.

Must admit I did the original calc. in my head using Aus$
Old Mar 6th 2004, 6:33 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Great truck Poll, brings back memories for me. I had most of my driving lessons in a Toyota Hi Lux, not quite as posh as yours though. Well at the time it probably was lol. I am talking quite a few years ago now.

Best Wishes
Sarah
Old Mar 6th 2004, 7:21 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by outback
I said I could knock a grand off that price so it would make it 20200 nz$ mine has 20000 clicks less and is top spec. Sold one recently with around about the same clicks and not such high spec for £6900 so I guess not much cheaper. Just appears very expensive against Salary achievable in NZ compared with here. Not lived there so have no idea really, just so long as she enjoys it who cares, they are a reliable motor.

Must admit I did the original calc. in my head using Aus$
These vehicles , ave,- $14900 to $18900 in oz, www.redbook.com.au people prefer the the oz designated four runner , to the jap import surf, lot tougher suspension......... MM
Old Mar 6th 2004, 7:28 pm
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

The truck looks good, but the rendition of "Hit Me baby One More Time" must have been a real party piece !

Good on ya !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.