Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My Nan Died an Hour ago

My Nan Died an Hour ago

Old Nov 16th 2005, 6:51 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Nan Died an Hour ago

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Sincerest condolences to you...

My own mother has Alzheimer's which is effectively a delayed death sentence, so trust me when I say that I really feel for you...
My mother too, I said to Rachel when we left the UK we may never see my parents again.

So her nans death is upsetting in more than one way when you realise the cold reality of losing other loved ones without ever seeing them again.
Old Nov 16th 2005, 7:25 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Am really sorry to hear your news!!!

All the best and just wanted you to know that your in our thoughts at this sad and uncontrollable time!!

xxxxx
Old Nov 16th 2005, 7:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Rachel1978
Well, the dreaded phone call from home just came, my Nan passed away an hour ago, she was in hospital with senial dementia which was diagnosed only a few weeks ago and has been declining rapidly.

I knew that she was getting worse but was not expecting her to pass away so fast. My mum said that she had a heart attack.

I feel so far away from home and listening to them crying down the phone and not being able to be there is terrible.

Rachel - im so sorry to hear the sad news about your nan. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family!

Big hug from Canada to help you through this very difficult period!

Sent you some karma - but dont share it with you know who!
Old Nov 16th 2005, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

Im so sorry. Take care and I hope you have someone near you that can be a shoulder to cry on or at least help give you some strength. We know that we will have to go through what you are shortly.
Take care
Lesleym
Old Nov 16th 2005, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

jacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond repute

i can't write anything that would make you feel any better.

so i would just like to send a big hug

steve xx
Old Nov 16th 2005, 8:46 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachel1978
Well, the dreaded phone call from home just came, my Nan passed away an hour ago, she was in hospital with senial dementia which was diagnosed only a few weeks ago and has been declining rapidly.

I knew that she was getting worse but was not expecting her to pass away so fast. My mum said that she had a heart attack.

I feel so far away from home and listening to them crying down the phone and not being able to be there is terrible.
i hate to read theads like this, but its part of life here and im really sorry u are having to deal with this so soon. i wouldnt worry about not saying goodbye to her. i bet it made it easier on her when u all left. my heart goes out to u all and hope u find some way to get through it.
theres nothing i can say to help. so if u just ask Frazza to give u a big hug and tell u its from the soapy clan.
ps. think happy thoughts of your Nan, it might help u thought this.
sending our love

soapy and the gang
Old Nov 17th 2005, 4:27 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys
Old Nov 17th 2005, 4:44 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been looking for this everywhere. Its a poem we had for my Nana when she passed away earlier this year....

She is gone...

You can shed tears that she is gone
or you can smile because she has lived.

You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back
or you can open your eyes and see all she's left.

Your heart can be empty because you cant see her
or you can be full of the love you shared.

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.

You can remember her and only that she's gone
or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.

You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back
or you can do what she'd want: smile, open your eyes, love and go on.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by Hels
I have been looking for this everywhere. Its a poem we had for my Nana when she passed away earlier this year....

She is gone...

You can shed tears that she is gone
or you can smile because she has lived.

You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back
or you can open your eyes and see all she's left.

Your heart can be empty because you cant see her
or you can be full of the love you shared.

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.

You can remember her and only that she's gone
or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.

You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back
or you can do what she'd want: smile, open your eyes, love and go on.

Rachel and I would like to say thank you
Old Nov 17th 2005, 4:47 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fraser
Rachel and I would like to say thank you

No problem
Old Nov 17th 2005, 4:50 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thinking of you and hope your pain will ease with time

H
xx
Old Nov 17th 2005, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by biggy
Thinking of you and hope your pain will ease with time

H
xx
Thanks, but isn't that what you said last night
Old Nov 17th 2005, 7:58 am

Rachel's mum has phoned again her Grandad has now broken his hip
Old Nov 17th 2005, 8:00 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fraser
Rachel's mum has phoned again her Grandad has now broken his hip
How many mirrors did you break before you left UK ??
Old Nov 17th 2005, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Bordy
How many mirrors did you break before you left UK ??
None that I can remember, believe it or not

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.