Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My Nan Died an Hour ago

My Nan Died an Hour ago

Old Nov 16th 2005, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Rachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond repute
Default My Nan Died an Hour ago

Well, the dreaded phone call from home just came, my Nan passed away an hour ago, she was in hospital with senial dementia which was diagnosed only a few weeks ago and has been declining rapidly.

I knew that she was getting worse but was not expecting her to pass away so fast. My mum said that she had a heart attack.

I feel so far away from home and listening to them crying down the phone and not being able to be there is terrible.
Old Nov 16th 2005, 12:33 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Nan Died an Hour ago

Originally Posted by Rachel1978
Well, the dreaded phone call from home just came, my Nan passed away an hour ago, she was in hospital with senial dementia which was diagnosed only a few weeks ago and has been declining rapidly.

I knew that she was getting worse but was not expecting her to pass away so fast. My mum said that she had a heart attack.

I feel so far away from home and listening to them crying down the phone and not being able to be there is terrible.
My sincere condolences.
Old Nov 16th 2005, 12:40 am
It's got to be purple....

wsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond repute

My heart goes out to you. I can't even begin to imagine how you must be feeling right now.

Take care.

Wendy
Old Nov 16th 2005, 12:51 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

OMG Rachel, that's awful. I can't even begin too imagine how you're feeling or what you're going through right now. Hope F and the boys are taking good care of you.
Marie
Old Nov 16th 2005, 12:51 am
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry! I can emphasise with you because my Nan died in August and I just felt so helpless and awfull cos I couldnt be there to put my arms round my mum and help her deal with it. My nan had declined rapidly and recently gone senile so I was expecting her to pass away and said goodbye to her before I left the UK, knowing that I would never see her again. Its hard but these are the things we have to deal with. Please accept my condolences.
Old Nov 16th 2005, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Rachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meelie
I'm so sorry! I can emphasise with you because my Nan died in August and I just felt so helpless and awfull cos I couldnt be there to put my arms round my mum and help her deal with it. My nan had declined rapidly and recently gone senile so I was expecting her to pass away and said goodbye to her before I left the UK, knowing that I would never see her again. Its hard but these are the things we have to deal with. Please accept my condolences.

I never even got to say goodbye before I left, her and my Grandad didn't want to see me, just cause I think they couldn't face saying goodbye, I wish I had been more determined now and just gone round there.
Old Nov 16th 2005, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

lynne & steve will become famous soon enoughlynne & steve will become famous soon enough

Rachel
Our deepest condolences are with you and all your family.
This must be a very painful time for you all.

Take care
Lynne & family
xx
Old Nov 16th 2005, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
OMG Rachel, that's awful. I can't even begin too imagine how you're feeling or what you're going through right now. Hope F and the boys are taking good care of you.
Marie

F is at work work at the moment, just me and the boys and they don't understand whats wrong with me. F does keep phoning me though
Old Nov 16th 2005, 1:05 am
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

I never even got to say goodbye before I left, her and my Grandad didn't want to see me, just cause I think they couldn't face saying goodbye, I wish I had been more determined now and just gone round there.
I understand, just remember you are not alone. Everybody is different and deal with things differently,I'm sure your grandparents know you love them. They no doubt love you and perhaps it was easier for them to not say goodbye because that is too final and seems like admititng you will never see them again. Try not to get caught up on regrets Rachel, as long as you all knew you loved each other, thats all tha matters.
Old Nov 16th 2005, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

I understand, just remember you are not alone. Everybody is different and deal with things differently,I'm sure your grandparents know you love them. They no doubt love you and perhaps it was easier for them to not say goodbye because that is too final and seems like admititng you will never see them again. Try not to get caught up on regrets Rachel, as long as you all knew you loved each other, thats all tha matters.
I spoke to my Grandad on the phone when they called, he asked to speak with me, its nice that I got to speak with him
Old Nov 16th 2005, 1:15 am
Nicest member ( I think)

I spoke to my Grandad on the phone when they called, he asked to speak with me, its nice that I got to speak with him
Thats good. Shows he doesn't have any negative feelings towards you.
Old Nov 16th 2005, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

sorry to hear your sad news

our thoughts are with you at this sad time

pootle26
Old Nov 16th 2005, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Thats good. Shows he doesn't have any negative feelings towards you.

I think he was always just too upset that I was leaving, didn't know how to deal with it.

Thanks
Old Nov 16th 2005, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

playbunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really nice

Hi Racheal

I am so sorry to hear that I really feel you all

Marianne
Old Nov 16th 2005, 2:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Terribly sorry to hear the sad news. It's awful not being there.

I lost my grandmother to senile dementia and some other old-age-related diseases 5 months ago and I wasn't allowed (due to some stupid Chinese traditions/superstitions that it would have been bad luck for my pregnancy) to fly back to Hong Kong for the funeral. She was the closest grandparent I ever had and we shared a lot of personalities in common. I was very sad but had to let go because she really had been suffering for some months not being her true self.

Take care,
Mrs JTL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.