Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

is this my longest post ever ?I've only been away 2 weeks

is this my longest post ever ?I've only been away 2 weeks

Old May 20th 2003, 4:30 am
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice
Default is this my longest post ever ?I've only been away 2 weeks

G'day all,strewth,we're still here then (didn't take me long to talk like a true Bruce).
Think I'll start from the beginning then.
Flew with Malaysia Saturday 3rd May.Prior to that,Had a week of long drawn out goodbyes that really drain you & give you the 2nd thought syndrome.
Got to Heathrow early for us,(we usually have to hail one of those fliddy wagons to take us to the boarding gate),and queued for nearly an hour to check-in.BB jnr loved that,managed to pick-pocket 3 wallets and a coil-that's my boy !
We knew we were over weight with baggage,thanks to the bathroom scales,but there was no way I was leaving my thong collection with the packers.Bird at the check-in weighed the baggage-about 105 kilos between 3 of us,and seny us to their "help" desk.Help,my bald,downunder arse.
Told them of our dilemma,spat in each others eyes first to look like we'd been crying (jnr had phlegm trouble-which was nice),and managed to get a "deal".
140 QUID !!!!!-WHAT A DEAL!
(read above sentence with sarcastic tone)
Was then sent to 1st class to save queueing again,and presented a note detailing our baggage weight.Tart there-talk about thick-made me put the cases on the belt 5 times,cos she kept losing track of which ones she'd weighed.Great fun when you're wearing 6 layers of clothes to keep the suitcases light.She then informed us we had 5 minutes till the gate closed-chop chop.
Got to the x-ray machines to see a queue of about 20 minutes,turned to Mrs BB to be and said "***** it I've had enough-maybe it just wasn't meant to be" realised a nun had jumped the queue,so repeated this profanity to Mrs BB.
Then,we just pushed in Nazi,I mean Kraut,I mean German style,shouting "We've 3 minutes to validate visas coming through"
Hailed a Spaccy cab,but the bloke was a passenger,so decided to leg it.Made it-and they hadn't started boarding yet.
And so onto my thoughts on Malaysia Airlines.Heard they board families first-didn't.
BB jnr's kiddy pack consisted of a pack of snap playing cards,with rules written in Kuala Lumpanese,measuring 1 inch by 1.5 inches-whoopee s*it-was this supposed to occupy him for a nine day flight ?
First meal was cold,but being a typical Pom,didn't complain.But then I was just too sha**ed out.
In-flight movies were terrible,some noncey Pierce Brosnan drivel,and loads of sub-titled arty rubbish.
Had games in the seat headrests,but these were over ten years old,and I've always hated Super Mario and his Homo tash.BB jnr played on his gameboy most of the time.
So,to summarise, I believe most airlines are the same,it really depends on the crew.I'm sure loads of you will beg to differ,and probably no-one agree,but the best long haul flight we had was with B.A.They spoilt BB jnr thoroughly,gave us extra leg room seats without asking,even gave us a bottle of Champers as it was my birthday-Malaysia gave us a packet of cards for mini-me.

Boy were we glad to see Grub and Jo at Perth International.Landed 3 o'clock ish,then back to Grubs for a party with about 30 others.Sounds a bit dodgy with jet-lag,but it meant we went to bed late,and slept in till mid-day.(broken sleep,mind you,was awake through the night-Grub and Dean are very noisy if you know what I mean.)
As for BB manor,it hasn't sold still,buyers aint pulled out,but haven't exchanged either,so we've put it back on for another 10 grand.Fingers crossed.
Unfortunately,that means we still don't know if we've come here to validate or live.Got enough cash for a few months max,so may stay and get the electrical and driving licences at least.
Mr and Mrs Grub have been very good to us,can't be easy living with someone constantly washing his 'smalls'.They've got a great pad in a great area,and they know it.
Jo,from Matt&Jo fame,showed us south of the river to give us an idea of where we could afford to live and good beaches etc.I was hoping I'd hate it ,so it'd be easier to choose where to live,but we now have more options.
Went to Mandurah to see friends,and check it out.What a lovely area-in the top 2 places to settle for the family BB.Expect when the railway opens in 2007,we won't be able to afford to live there.
And now,we're in Adelaide to see some friends while we have the chance.Only arrived yesterday,so views to follow.
Weather not been too great,had to wear my thick cotton gusset thong today.
Started to miss Buttsniffer a little,as the Adelaide folks have a Great Dane pup who reminds me a lot of him.But not missing him enough to spend 2 grand to get him here.Besides,it's a bitch,no gonads to squeeze!Which reminds me,hair removal cream here is called "Nads".Picture me going to Whitfords Mall chemist saying "Give me some Nads for me Nads"-About time security guards got a sense of humour.

Christ on a skateboard,this has been a long post,I'll try to get on-line again soon,apologies if I don't reply to earlier threads,bit too busy to read 30 odd pages .

BB and co-still as big downunder as ever
Old May 20th 2003, 4:35 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is this my longest post ever ?I've only been away 2 weeks

Originally posted by baldbutts
Mr and Mrs Grub have been very good to us,can't be easy living with someone constantly washing his 'smalls'.They've got a great pad in a great area,and they know it.

Very funny post and this was the funnest part , get real Padbury ?bring any drugs back you must have been high on them.?

No mention of job hunting then?

Last edited by pommie bastard; May 20th 2003 at 4:38 am.
Old May 20th 2003, 4:41 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey BB! Glad you're online again and enjoying it out there. I'll summarize those 30 pages: we missed you and the venom antidote humour, loads of people posted to say it was time you gave an update.

Good onya, cheers - Don
Old May 20th 2003, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

poggle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi BB!

Thank god your'e back! we've missed you!

Great post! lmao!!

keep us informed of your adventures!

Cheers!
Old May 20th 2003, 7:30 am
Just Joined

Bigdigger is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately,that means we still don't know if we've come here to validate or live.Got enough cash for a few months max
Do you want to go through the flight again? Best stay. Your post gave me a laugh on this wet Cumbrian morning.
Old May 20th 2003, 8:13 am
Just Joined

tractorboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the laugh - most fun I've had in ages (how sad!)
Old May 20th 2003, 8:19 am
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Very funny post and this was the funnest part , get real Padbury ?bring any drugs back you must have been high on them.?

give your chops a rest PB.
Old May 20th 2003, 8:20 am
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point

Great to hear from you BB!!

Gald all is going well and you are having the time of your life!!

Keep us posted, and keep your cheeks flapping!!!
Old May 20th 2003, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard

A job, er don't be a silly billy, us pommies from class 2002 / 2003 are just going to chill, we'll just let good people like yourself work, were comimg down under to retire mate, er might do one day a week, hmmm need to think about it a bit first ...
Old May 20th 2003, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point

G'day all,strewth,we're still here then (didn't take me long to talk like a true Bruce).
Flew with Malaysia Saturday 3rd May.Prior to that,Had a week of long drawn out goodbyes that really drain you & give you the 2nd thought syndrome.
Got to Heathrow early for us,(we usually have to hail one of those fliddy wagons to take us to the boarding gate),and queued for nearly an hour to check-in.BB jnr loved that,managed to pick-pocket 3 wallets and a coil-that's my boy !
We knew we were over weight with baggage,thanks to the bathroom scales,but there was no way I was leaving my thong collection with the packers.Bird at the check-in weighed the baggage-about 105 kilos between 3 of us,and seny us to their "help" desk.Help,my bald,downunder arse.
Told them of our dilemma,spat in each others eyes first to look like we'd been crying (jnr had phlegm trouble-which was nice),and managed to get a "deal".
Was then sent to 1st class to save queueing again,and presented a note detailing our baggage weight.Tart there-talk about thick-made me put the cases on the belt 5 times,cos she kept losing track of which ones she'd weighed.Great fun when you're wearing 6 layers of clothes to keep the suitcases light.She then informed us we had 5 minutes till the gate closed-chop chop.
Got to the x-ray machines to see a queue of about 20 minutes,turned to Mrs BB to be and said "***** it I've had enough-maybe it just wasn't meant to be" realised a nun had jumped the queue,so repeated this profanity to Mrs BB.
Then,we just pushed in Nazi,I mean Kraut,I mean German style,shouting "We've 3 minutes to validate visas coming through"
Hailed a Spaccy cab,but the bloke was a passenger,so decided to leg it.Made it-and they hadn't started boarding yet.
And so onto my thoughts on Malaysia Airlines.Heard they board families first-didn't.
BB jnr's kiddy pack consisted of a pack of snap playing cards,with rules written in Kuala Lumpanese,measuring 1 inch by 1.5 inches-whoopee s*it-was this supposed to occupy him for a nine day flight ?
First meal was cold,but being a typical Pom,didn't complain.But then I was just too sha**ed out.
In-flight movies were terrible,some noncey Pierce Brosnan drivel,and loads of sub-titled arty rubbish.
Had games in the seat headrests,but these were over ten years old,and I've always hated Super Mario and his Homo tash.BB jnr played on his gameboy most of the time.
So,to summarise, I believe most airlines are the same,it really depends on the crew.I'm sure loads of you will beg to differ,and probably no-one agree,but the best long haul flight we had was with B.A.They spoilt BB jnr thoroughly,gave us extra leg room seats without asking,even gave us a bottle of Champers as it was my birthday-Malaysia gave us a packet of cards for mini-me.

Boy were we glad to see Grub and Jo at Perth International.Landed 3 o'clock ish,then back to Grubs for a party with about 30 others.Sounds a bit dodgy with jet-lag,but it meant we went to bed late,and slept in till mid-day.(broken sleep,mind you,was awake through the night-Grub and Dean are very noisy if you know what I mean.)
As for BB manor,it hasn't sold still,buyers aint pulled out,but haven't exchanged either,so we've put it back on for another 10 grand.Fingers crossed.
Unfortunately,that means we still don't know if we've come here to validate or live.Got enough cash for a few months max,so may stay and get the electrical and driving licences at least.
Jo,from Matt&Jo fame,showed us south of the river to give us an idea of where we could afford to live and good beaches etc.I was hoping I'd hate it ,so it'd be easier to choose where to live,but we now have more options.
Went to Mandurah to see friends,and check it out.What a lovely area-in the top 2 places to settle for the family BB.Expect when the railway opens in 2007,we won't be able to afford to live there.
And now,we're in Adelaide to see some friends while we have the chance.Only arrived yesterday,so views to follow.
Started to miss Buttsniffer a little,as the Adelaide folks have a Great Dane pup who reminds me a lot of him.But not missing him enough to spend 2 grand to get him here.Besides,it's a bitch,no gonads to squeeze!Which reminds me,hair removal cream here is called "Nads".Picture me going to Whitfords Mall chemist saying "Give me some Nads for me Nads"-About time security guards got a sense of humour.

Christ on a skateboard,this has been a long post,I'll try to get on-line again soon,apologies if I don't reply to earlier threads,bit too busy to read 30 odd pages .

Good on ya Baldbutts, pleased you're posting, Hi to the Grub family as well,
Old May 20th 2003, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

lace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant future

great post!!

gawd u kill me
Old May 20th 2003, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

rainingagain is an unknown quantity at this point

BB, pop on down to the Old Bailey, take a photo of PB and post it on here so we can all have a laugh
Old May 20th 2003, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Nice one BB.

Forget sparky you should take up a comedy spot!!

Mind you you get some competition from my bl*&dy estate agent.

Cheers

Nick

Brisbane June 03
Perth - When I've sold the sodding house!
Old May 20th 2003, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

thewoods is an unknown quantity at this point

cant say i found your thread entertaining!! whats with the 'bird' and 'tart' - attitude thats what you have got - and everybody slags PB off - get a life!!
Old May 20th 2003, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by thewoods
cant say i found your thread entertaining!! whats with the 'bird' and 'tart' - attitude thats what you have got - and everybody slags PB off - get a life!!
Relax!! PB loves it! If no-one reacted he wouldn't bother...

Keep it up BB, more of the same please!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.