Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

my last week at work

my last week at work

Old Apr 26th 2004, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default my last week at work

off to work in a bit for the final week, have not been unemployed since i dont know when

final countdown begins although personnel know nothing about my impending departure (as i found out today) so no p45 to claim my tax back will be forthcoming this week(AARRGGHH)

had a lovely chat with the tax lady though who has visited oz extensivly couldnt get her off the bloody phone for an hour while she chirped on about parrotts

3 more shifts to go la la la la

arlene
Old Apr 26th 2004, 7:23 pm
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

Its alright for some!!
At least it will be our turn one day
Good luck, all the best.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 7:25 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

how I long for that day

Were'nt you thinking of quiting before christmas -glad you stayed on ?

enjoy the countdown
Old Apr 26th 2004, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

thank you pauline for that
v scary being unemployed though, do you recon i can claim job seekers allowance for a while

arlene
Old Apr 26th 2004, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one arlene...enjoy!!!!!!

Wish it was my last week at work - 3 mths left for me yet.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by seang
how I long for that day

Were'nt you thinking of quiting before christmas -glad you stayed on ?

enjoy the countdown

sean yes gave my notice in in jan but they reduced my hours and asked me nicely to stay which i did and i am glad that i did that now as i have had a ball since

arlene
Old Apr 26th 2004, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by steandleigh
Nice one arlene...enjoy!!!!!!

Wish it was my last week at work - 3 mths left for me yet.

leigh remember when i was that far away, its just crept up on us and here we are

still no flights booked though, awaiting exchanges of contracts for this week:scared:

arlene
Old Apr 26th 2004, 7:30 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: my last week at work

Originally posted by arlene
off to work in a bit for the final week, have not been unemployed since i dont know when

final countdown begins although personnel know nothing about my impending departure (as i found out today) so no p45 to claim my tax back will be forthcoming this week(AARRGGHH)

had a lovely chat with the tax lady though who has visited oz extensivly couldnt get her off the bloody phone for an hour while she chirped on about parrotts

3 more shifts to go la la la la

arlene
Enjoy your final UK working days arlene...you jammy thing you

And don't feel guilty about taking a rest either...its hard work this emigrating malarky

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Apr 26th 2004, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

maco is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck Arlene

Does it get any easier the closer you are to going?
We have just set our date - 9th June.
The biggest problem is one of us might kill the other one before then.
Please tell me once the flights have been booked and the shippers sorted out it all gets better, please!!
Old Apr 26th 2004, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Enjoy your last 3 shifts Arlene, sure you'll work just as hard as always!
best of luck with completion too mate
love and hugs
rach x
Old Apr 26th 2004, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy your last few shifts!

I can't wait for my day to come, it's already hard to motivate myself and I haven't even got my TRA assessment back yet!

Good luck!
Old Apr 26th 2004, 8:38 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

I take it you won't be volunteering to do any overtime arlene?

all the best plum (don't forget the meet)
Old Apr 26th 2004, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road

Enjoy your last few shifts. I too am in my last week at work, I handed in my notice in Feb and leave at the end of this week...can't wait as I get to be a full time mum to my little boy (9months)
Susan
Old Apr 26th 2004, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

leigh remember when i was that far away, its just crept up on us and here we are

still no flights booked though, awaiting exchanges of contracts for this week:scared:

arlene
Its seems to have gone so quickly, watching your timline!

i guess it always does when its someone else!

know how you feel about the completion, ours sholud be within the next fortnight - can't wait to get out and move on.

Good luck and enjoy your last week - you're a lady of leisure from here on in !!!!!
Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

scitta is an unknown quantity at this point

..scary being unemployed though, do you recon i can claim job seekers allowance for a while

arlene
tell me whom shud I contact for this allowance!!!

Reckon this is the hardest part of migrating, time between leaving a good job and obtaining a new job in Oz. All the best arlene and do keep us posted.

Cheers, Sarah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.